The Borg's Sunday BBQ

Oh I love mine with a crater of butter in the middle, cause then is the fun of eating it while keeping the pool from flowing over the edges. :D oh and Im a sucker for the garlic mash as well! ooooh yum! :hugs:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ari'Laftia I have sprinkled it and have rubbed it in I am not sure how much differants it makes. But when you first make up a batch of the rub and use it on meat. The longer the meat sits with the rub on it the stronger the flavor gets. And , a big AND, here. The longer the batch of rub you made ( I keep mine in a glass jar not in the fridge just on a shelf. ) you keep it, the hotter it gets. So remember if you made the rub a few months ago and your getting ready to use the last of it don't use as much cause its MUCH hotter nowInvision-Board-France-367.gif

Edited by Borg
For a real decadent mash gogo add some thick cream, just a dash instead of milk....yummy!

And I always add a teaspoon of french mustard for a nice little surprise. Definitely if you are go for rich, thick, and smooth mash, cream is the way to go.

Alas it goes to the hips all too often :)

And , a big AND, here. The longer the batch of rub you made ( I keep mine in a glass jar not in the fridge just on a shelf. ) you keep it, the hotter it gets. So remember if you made the rub a few months ago and your getting ready to use the last of it don't use as much cause its MUCH hotter nowInvision-Board-France-367.gif

Wow...this is so cool...wonder why this happens? Is the rub catalyzing or something? Lol, gotta go look this up now!

:)

gogo

p.s. funky, ooh yeah, regarding the cream...nothin beats it

Ari'Laftia I have sprinkled it and have rubbed it in I am not sure how much differants it makes. But when you first make up a batch of the rub and use it on meat. The longer the meat sits with the rub on it the stronger the flavor gets. And , a big AND, here. The longer the batch of rub you made ( I keep mine in a glass jar not in the fridge just on a shelf. ) you keep it, the hotter it gets. So remember if you made the rub a few months ago and your getting ready to use the last of it don't use as much cause its MUCH hotter nowInvision-Board-France-367.gif

Ahhh Alrighty! Ive let the mix rest and will be doing a new batch of chicken this weekend! My husband hasnt yet tried it and has been pestering me to do some up for him :drunkards:

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Well today cooking supper I accidentally discovered something new ! I had bought stuffed green peppers ( yea I know bought not made ) and as a side dish I sliced up some potatoes to make fries in my deep fat frier! In the container of the stuffed green peppers was a base of watercress

when frying the potato slices I decided to throw in the watercress It turned out GREAT the watercress added a great tasted to the french fries

• 1 month later...

Sorry Guys, and Gals I have been away for abit. But to make up for it I will post this BBQ I am doing right now. I have corn, and small red potatoes on the grill, and you see the upright chicken? It has been brined for 15 hours and now in the center of it there is a 1/2 filled beer can to ad even more flavor. Mmmm? I thought of gogo when I took the picture only because of food. but the dinner I am preparing tonight is for my wife and I, along with a good movie, good food, and time alone at home, a great way to celebrate our 41st wedding anniversary

gogochicken.jpg

Edited by Borg
41! you must share your secret, I doubt BBQ is the only trick there is. :)

Nice you see you again. :P

The secret is a few things 1. Don't carry on an augment with your spouse let it die 2. With out not being polite isolate or do not involve your selfs with outsiders, now I dont mean off course you cant have friends etc everyone does and needs them. What I mean is the more outsiders involve them selfs with you private affairs the more friction is caused. And this applies epically to relatives and lastly have humor. Sorry if I got to serious but hey I have been married now for 41 years something worked *G*face-laugh.png

• 3 weeks later...

I am just going to post the link to this next experiment I am going to attempt! Now the combinations sound a bit strange but I have found that some of the more unusual combined dishes taste the best . I will report back and let you all know the results. After I cook it I will let my wife try it first ( bad borg )

08.gif

http://www.meals.com/Recipes/RecipeDetails...&Servings=4

As I write this the wife and I are eating it. Guys & Gal's you HAVE to do this recipe. On a scale of 1-10 I give this a ten. Who would of thought of combining peanut butter and coco and chicken ?

Try it ! and post your results

A while back I mentioned and gave the recipe I use for a dry rub. Today I used it again. Yesterday I put the rub on some nice spare ribs and let them sit in the fridge for 24 hours. Today I slapped them on the BBQ ( gogo don't drool on your key board)

gogoribs.jpg

Aww man, I wish I ate meat, just so I could try some of this out...

Is there anything vegetarian you make on your bbq Borg, please tell!

Please!

:bye:

~Doom

Aww man, I wish I ate meat, just so I could try some of this out...

Is there anything vegetarian you make on your bbq Borg, please tell!

Please!

:bye:

~Doom

Actually I could fashion some tofu that would look like ribs for you :)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this website on tv and brought it up and immediately thought of Gogo. And look ! on the fourth colum from the left under "international" the first thing I see is Quebec (including Montreal)

http://www.chowhound.com

( sorry don't know why it won't let anyone put a cursor over it and go to it you have to click and paste)

And it covers the rest of the world too which is nice since we who post here are from all over the world.

f080.gif

Edit by Myles: Look the link is clickable now (either put the http:// or use the add link function ) :cow_white:

Edited by myles

Thanks Myles ( by the way I have a relative with your same name) for how to make that link work. I forgot to add http://

By the way guys and gals don't be mad at me if you never hear from Gogo again once he starts exploring that link *lol*

Edited by Borg
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am so hungry now...mmm...I am so lazy to go downtown though I wish I have an :unsure: in my frontyard in front of the kitchen.....

oh no don't let Ike see that sheep, and its nice to hear from a fellow Canadian

( mm can some one give me a second flag? being a person with both a Canadian/American citizenship )

Edited by Borg
  • 1 month later...

All right its been way to long since I posted here in a thread that Gogo kindly created for me. So today Dec. 27 at 4:30 pm its 78F /25C ( got to love living in the tropics) and I have fired up the bbq on the front porch. Yesterday I made a new batch of dry rub ( recipe was given earlier in this thread) rubbed it on some ribs and put them in the fridge to absorb for 24 hours. Love that part because everytime you open the fridge door you get that great smell. Hopefully the picture will show it but the rack I am using to hold the ribs, the first grate is in the shape of a pig. Then adding corn and potatoes. Supper is served !

ribs.jpg

Edited by Borg