Sunshine

Watched it last Saturday and I was terribly dissappointed!! I was expecting a much better film because of the media hype surrounding the movie. Yes the effects were 1st rate but the title is quite misleading. One would expect a more or less science based movie but the actual movie concentrated on the "human emotions" as they were trying to solve the many problems befalling them. The way the captain died is what I would call stupidity on his part. (just watch the movie to find out)

Wow!

lol, where did this movie shoot out from?

It's funny cuz at first I thought this post was gonna be a bout little miss sunshine but lo and behold...a big screen sci fi movie that snuck out by me.

heh, I"ve been dyin fer some sci fi ever since galactica ended...too bad that you gave this one a thumbs down, JUn...but the effects don't look all that bad no?

:o

gogo

• 4 months later...

I highly recommend this movie.

It's not a cinematic classic or mind blowing in theatric terms, but was truly enjoyable and the story line would probably appeal to a significant number of people on the board (OGame jokes were highly applicable throughout the movie :twitch: ).

I thought it would be 100% cheesy/laughable, but it was surprising.

Yes, it's far fetched, but was seriously the most intense movie I've seen.

I felt exhausted when I left the theatre.

Hey OMGSTUFF!

I merged your topic with the one that we already had on this movie. :twitch:

About the movie I have to say I liked it. It had the feel of 2001 Sapce Odyssey for me. And all the Sun and God stuff only spiced things up.

I recall seeing this topic, but then forgot to comment in it after I saw the movie. The reviewer I like mentioned that they had a science advisor on the set. However, from what I could see they either did not listen to him/her, or s/he was a pretty poor scientist. I went in expecting it to make some kinda sense, and was pretty disappointed that the science aspects were so incredibly unbelievable. Gah, if I see one more space movie where the ship has a huge glass window on the front of the ship I think I'll :twitch: !

I had a lot of problems keeping track of who was who, especially the three look-alike guys. And I really found the characters' actions to be pretty strange. They really weren't good at anticipating things. :P

The story is not very coherent, the actions are not that exciting. The plot idea is not that terrible, but it developed badly in my opinion. The directing is just ok.

Its a so-so movie. I can't say its a waste of money, but I won't recommend it either.

Chris Evans sounds familiar though, perhaps I seen him in TV somewhere. Can't remember which though.

Long on effects and a little short on the story...I loved this movie. I couldn't get enough of hearing it. I just love what omgstuff had to say about it too. That when he walked out of it...he was exhausted. That's exactly how I felt. I thought the design was superb. It's been a while since a real hardcore sci-fi movie drew me in like this. And this movie's pretty Hardcore. Space Odyssey 2001 was what this movie reminded me of. The great fly-by scenes, the amazing look of this future, a little ahead of our time.

If you're a space movie junkie, and there seems to be so few that are expensive these days, check this one out.

The look of it's cinematography and sheer attention to sound is worth it.

:o

gogo

p.s. The choice of a multi-ethnic crew heading towards the sun...cool :(

Am I the only one who felt like :o:) The story behind the movie was like :oooo: and :(

Ike's comment kinda says it all .. ".. had a science adviser on the set. However, from what I could see they either did not listen to him/her, or s/he was a pretty poor scientist." .. spot on