Do you get Sea sick?

Where I live, we have, well, extreme extremes in weather. Below is a bulk ore carrier belonging to the company I work for. Every year in the north of Australia we have tropical Cyclones. This is the carrier Selkirk Settler, hovering of Dampier, in the north west of Western Australia - she is sitting out cyclone George, a category 4 cyclone that sadly killed three people.

SELKIRK_SETTLER_3.jpg

SELKIRK_SETTLER_2.jpg

SELKIRK_SETTLER_1.jpg

SELKIRK_SETTLER_4.jpg

;)

Oh I get so seasick, years of travelling to and from Ireland on those damn ferries!...still can't stomach it now...yayy for planes!

How on earth does anyone manage not to hide in such extremes let alone take pics....and it didn't really sink did it?

:)

Cool pics Coops!

and it didn't really sink did it?

Don't worry those ships (or yards would be a better term) won't easily sink unless the hulk is damaged. But you gotta admire the courage of the ship crew.

;):)

:(

Wow! Thankfully I don't get seasick!

(All those ferries to the isle of Arran have strengthened my stomach :4rofl: )

Brave crew!

:4rofl:

~Doom

I dont get sea sick. This reminds me of my summer in Turkey.

One day me and my frineds took a tourist boat trip and on the way back the weather got bad and the waves were very very high. I was on the deck at the front with some other people enjoying the ship going up and down not knowing that at the back of the ship everyone else was so sea sick that they were throwing up all over the place. :4rofl: Thouse were good times! :4rofl:

Geez!

lol, I usually never get seasick but that first shot was enuff to make me heave ho!

man..talk about terror on the high seas...

Anestty I keep goin back over and over to stare at that first shot..it's really boggling

:)

gogo

I don't get any motion sickness at all.

I actually enjoy a bumpy sea, I find it fun! ^_^

However those waves are FAR from bumpy and I doubt that I would enjoy them. :S

• 4 weeks later...

I have been meaning to post these for a while. When I saw the pics above I was horrified and fascinated. So I googled!

;)

1s.jpg

3s.jpg

2s.jpg

4s.jpg

;) That first one is freaky! Summer cruise anyone! :cool:

Wow Anestty...Those are some awesome pictures. Making me want to get on that boat too :P .....As a dragon boat paddler, I often I had to deal with the waves (tons of from everywhere) and splashing. So... I got used to...but what I really can't stand is rather being inside a car, all claustrophobic, and feeling car sick... :butcher: