Anyone else here play Go?

Anyone else play Go?

I do its an incredible game, adaptable, skilled, it beats chess anyday..

:Just_Cuz_12:

~Doom

its a very mind draining game and takes quite long.

But yes I play it, but only when I really really have the spare time. :bounce:

Oh but beat chess Doom? Y don't you play me a chess game and I will make you reconsider, esp. if you play me Chinese or Japanese chess.

My international chess is social but don't think you can pwn me w/o a fight. :bounce:

err...where do the batteries go?

Or is it AC only?

:bye:

gogo

:4rofl:

I tried playing it, and a friend (a lot more experienced) said I had nice moves, but I pretty much put the stuff where I liked it (no fancy plans). Never got into it though (too much thinking over a single position). But I don't like playing chess too, so.. (yeah I like math and hate chess).

Edited by dicknail
:bye:

I tried playing it, and a friend (a lot more experienced) said I had nice moves, but I pretty much put the stuff where I liked it (no fancy plans). Never got into it though (too much thinking over a single position). But I don't like playing chess too, so.. (yeah I like math and hate chess).

I'm totally reverse, I love chess hate math. :4rofl:

Yeah its odd combination but we are who we are. :)

One of my math profs in college was a big Go fan. He taught many of us the rules and some basic strategies, but it's been way too long for me to remember much.

@myles: What's to hate about math? Maybe arithmetic or accounting are dull, but real math is very different - groups/rings/fields/Hilbert spaces, etc. A lot of neat stuff. I wish I still used most (or even a little) of what I learned.

Oh but beat chess Doom? Y don't you play me a chess game and I will make you reconsider, esp. if you play me Chinese or Japanese chess.

My international chess is social but don't think you can pwn me w/o a fight. :D

Myles if you like Chess that much you need to tray DreamBlade it is allsaw called chess on drugs. :)

Dreamblade? linkie? gonna try it out then.

Sylph

PS why not make a llisting of all the mindwrecking and addictive games that are use(less)?