Sacred 2 Character Descriptions and Poll: Who will you try first?

Sacred 2 Characters Tryout  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you try first?

• Seraphim
    • Inquisitor
    • Shadow Warrior
    • High Elf
    • Dryad
    • Temple Guardian
    • All at once :P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks good. As I mentioned in Mystic's thread here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...ic=8537&hl=

It seems like some of the toons have more mature, deeper ways of taking out enemies from the original Sacred. The inquisitor has a bunch of nasty, spells...sort of like the Mesmer from Guild Wars ^^

Him, the inquisitor, Templar Guardian and dryad are the ones I've found appealing so far.

:viking:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently playing as a temple Guardian, Can't tell exactly why... just started and thought, not seraphim, no ranger,...and so I ended up with temple guardian, it is a damn good choice after all.

Change monsters into chickens FTW! or mutate them to let them give some blue light >_>...

Hey Arperum

I've seen a lot of posts talking about how much fun the Temple Guardian is... Llama of course :P TG's got some great armor, new Ca mechanics, and most important of all...

He looks good in battle.

:drinks:

gogo

I tried the Shadow Warrior in SP to explore the game, the skills, and the quests.

I was thinking about making a Temple Guardian in MP, but right now I'm not too sure since many people on the closed servers already seem to play the Temple Guardian.

I'll wait to see what happens until the North American release of Sacred 2.

Max

Max, are you playing on the international servers?

:P

gogo

I'm not playing in MP right now. I'll explore a little bit more with my Shadow Warrior in SP before playing MP.

Max

Max, are you playing on the international servers?

:)

gogo

I'm not playing in MP right now. I'll explore a little bit more with my Shadow Warrior in SP before playing MP.

Max

I'm curious about the servers you can get into... will you be offered International? Or are there French servers?

gogo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
He's a ton of fun to play Tomi. Cept...he looks like a bucket head?

gogo

Do not listen to the infidels gogo -.-'

He's soo totally NOT buckethead... (Because Buckethead is cool)

He's totally Darth Sidious (read my Character Overview)

He's a ton of fun to play Tomi. Cept...he looks like a bucket head?

:lol:

gogo

Do not listen to the infidels gogo -.-'

He's soo totally NOT buckethead... (Because Buckethead is cool)

He's totally Darth Sidious (read my Character Overview)

If you get the right equipment, he can look like a drag queen.

A neon green skirt and a neon orange helmet sorta hair-look-alike (looks like a wig) thingy. This is funny.

Temple Guardian can look like a pimp, with stuff golden-colored especially on his chest.

Seraphim can look like a stripper...I mean, one of her set items has a g-string armor. Yes armor... Not sure that goes well with pigtails.

Personally I'm playing a Seraphim SC at first. Then I might make a Seraphim HC. Next would be High Elf, then probably Dryad. Temple Guardian is my 4th pick. Shadow Warrior is my 5th, and Inquisitor my 6th. I just can't seem to control necromancy spells effectively.

Edited by Little Sara
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I tried the shadow warrior first but I'm liking the high elf better. ;D

*crowd chants*

dryad...dryad...dryad...

:D

gogo

No The Shadow Warrior As ranged

*Crowd Bow and skellies*

Epox

I tried the shadow warrior first but I'm liking the high elf better. ;D

*crowd chants*

dryad...dryad...dryad...

gogo

No The Shadow Warrior As ranged

*Crowd Bow and skellies*

Epox

heh, just posted a pic I took of your toon here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...ic=9211&hl=

:o

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm still testing the game in single player, I decided to mod the balance to check out all the chars (more xp from quests). So far I've found several builds that managed to spark my attention (and looked cool in my eyes). Although SP sucks because you can't do boss runs, the gameplay is still a lot of fun (and I still can't find the time to play online consistently). And so, in my eyes...

First place for me goes to the BFG Seraphim.

First of all, a big gun doing some cool damage. The arts of the seraphim complement this build nicely, and this is a cool starting char because it's a moneymaker and you don't need to bother about weapons. A cute BFG seraphim level 35 (legit, no balance tweaks) wielding level 50 BFG weapon and 1-shotting everything with hardly any micromanagement. What more do you want?

The second place took the Temple Guardian.

Having melee and ranged fighter altogether is fun. A great all-round character. Enemies far away or closing at ya? Shoot. Enemies here? Swing or scorch them for some major damage with jolting touch. Wheee! My 40 level Temple Guardian (legit too) with a strong shield (in-combat regenerating T-Energy shroud FTW) and sporting a cool battery and a Life-leecher unique sword is a killing machine.

And the third place goes to the Pyromancer High Elf.

I found this build to be by far the easiest to balance and keep in shape with low CA recharge time. Because of the test I have a 46 level High Elf (legit, no balance tweaks) shooting 2 homing fireballs every 2 seconds for over 1000 damage, and with incendiary shower raining down once every 5 seconds. Sweet and sassy. Big time killer, although you still need some micromanagement :D

Edited by Dobri
Since I'm still testing the game in single player, I decided to mod the balance to check out all the chars (more xp from quests). So far I've found several builds that managed to spark my attention (and looked cool in my eyes). Although SP sucks because you can't do boss runs, the gameplay is still a lot of fun (and I still can't find the time to play online consistently). And so, in my eyes...

First place for me goes to the BFG Seraphim.

First of all, a big gun doing some cool damage. The arts of the seraphim complement this build nicely, and this is a cool starting char because it's a moneymaker and you don't need to bother about weapons. A cute BFG seraphim level 35 (legit, no balance tweaks) wielding level 50 BFG weapon and 1-shotting everything with hardly any micromanagement. What more do you want?

The second place took the Temple Guardian.

Having melee and ranged fighter altogether is fun. A great all-round character. Enemies far away or closing at ya? Shoot. Enemies here? Swing or scorch them for some major damage with jolting touch. Wheee! My 40 level Temple Guardian (legit too) with a strong shield (in-combat regenerating T-Energy shroud FTW) and sporting a cool battery and a Life-leecher unique sword is a killing machine.

And the third place goes to the Pyromancer High Elf.

I found this build to be by far the easiest to balance and keep in shape with low CA recharge time. Because of the test I have a 46 level High Elf (legit, no balance tweaks) shooting 2 homing fireballs every 2 seconds for over 1000 damage, and with incendiary shower raining down once every 5 seconds. Sweet and sassy. Big time killer, although you still need some micromanagement :D

Nice writeup, I enjoyed the read. That's an awful lot of damage coming off the HE...and at a nice level as well. Are you happy with the execution speeds of the Combat Arts?

:o

gogo

Since the HE was my third char (after the BFG seraphim and the TG), I had 2 rings with ~4.5% cast speed (yes, I'm a crazy item keeper :P ) and a unique staff with 10% cast (2-handed, Pirita's Staff I think with backup 1-handed with 7.9% cast + shield) so the execution speed was no problem at all. HE has nice armors with low weight (even now I'm well under 100%), and at level 46 with the staff and shield I have over 1800 armor with Crystal skin (yes, I use it when I'm in areas where mobs hit hard) and about 1500 with Incandescent (since I was using only runes that improve armor and reduce CA regen time) - I have absolutely no problem with mobs and bosses and compared to my first HE... Grab something please so that you don't fall of the chair... My first HE had Ranged Lore, Armor Lore, Shield Lore (Pistols FTW since I didn't want anything getting close to her), Concentration, 15+ seconds Fireball recharge time (stupid rune-eater) and 40+ secs Shower time - and imagine how many spots I have left for magic and other major skills... :(

Compared to that HE nonsense, this one casts like crazy. For example, if 6 Kobolds swarm me, they're dead before they reach me (through fireballs only). If they are 8, one or two of them may get a lucky shot in. I went for the pure Pyro build (Pyro Lore and Focus, Armor, Conc, Combat Disc for 1-skill combos, Ancient Magic and I'll add some more utility skills on the free spots) and I'm amazed so far. With low regen time from armor, -10% from combat discipline, - gozzillion % from focus, this cute HE was eating Fireball and Shower runes like crazy. Even the 3-part combo (Shower-Fireball-Tempest) is only 4.8 sec regen time.

To my mind, and to my experience, this sounds really cool and (so far) works really well :) I should also add that I'm not using a mount at all. I am considering it...

EDIT: And I have tried it with a new HE. The Mount certainly adds survivability, but also creates problems. It will take some time (and points) to overcome the negative effect that you get on your Combat Arts regen time.

BTW, I'm using 2.34 and always start on silver. Thank God for 2.34. Set items drop pretty often, but not necessarily from 1 particular set... Though it's fun watching my BFG seraphim in 50%-50% Blade dance/Endijian sets and the HE in 60%-40% Celdrahil/Ancestors sets :P

A good option...

HE is somewhat frail from lvls 1 through 20 and I think some help from other chars will come in handy. Collect some + cast speed rings/amulets, ready like 10+ fireball/shower/tempest/incandescent runes for careful and planned use, add some higher level uniques you don't need for starting money, save some unique/set equip found with your others chars and all I can say is that the HE Pyro will amaze you :)

EDIT: HE is not frail as long as you buy her some items with sockets. Start adding Anneal and Enhance blacksmith runes as necessary. Completing a full set is the best thing that can happen, but still, don't miss out on weapons, shields and armors with a lot of sockets. More sockets = more enhance runes = less regen time = more bang for your buck.

Edited by Dobri
  • 4 weeks later...

The real sad part is that a lot of things that work in SP just don't cut it in MP due to lag.

I love my BFG seraphim in SP as she one hits most enemies.

My MP seraphim though has to wait 1.5 seconds for her hits to register and by then the enemy can be in your face scoring hits. :D