Eleanor wipeout

Heya Equinox!

Good seein ya back on the boards.

Regarding the hit, I just made a post in the OOF thread, clarifiying our position that this was a hit from D.a.r.k. to Eleanor.

This is my copied/paste post which I've brought over from the OOF thread to here:

A quick Congratz to everyone on the D.a.r.k. team.

Great work

The hit was not against Pax, but was to punish a documented transgression made by Eleanor against D.a.r.k. when he applied for status with us as a member of his own clan.

Our forum at www.darkmatters.org has always welcomed all ogame players, encouraged good relations between all of the community, and has many, many posters from all of the clans posting there daily.

We have worked hard for our reputation as being fair and honest people.

We will let the tone of every post here on the Official Ogame Forum as well as at our own, allow everyone here to be witness to the reasons for our decision.

Ogame is just one of the games our site sponsors, and for us to put so much time and effort into a campaign as large as this considering that most of us have other interests should be telling that all was, when he applied, not as it seemed...

The decision to punish Eleanor was made with very fair exploration of all the facts involved and are open to review to anyone here by visiting our site.

Not one of the arguments that Eleanor has put up in his defense stand up when the actual time line of events is carefully laid out and studied.

So again, a congratulations to the entire D.a.r.k. team and a big thanks to everyone here that has posted support.

It's not often we will ever go this far for a game, but our love for the community we've built at home and here in ogame has always been our first and most important value.

Read our posts

Visit our forum

See who we are

Cheers

;)

Smile

gogo

If you've got any more questions please feel free to ask, as this isn't the Official Ogame Forum, I guess all commentary and questions regarding the campaign are welcome without making the D.a.r.k. IPM Hit Presentation go off topic there or turn into a flame war..

Cheers!

:)

gogo

The matter is not complicated at all if you ask me.

It is not about if he actually got any real intel out of his operation, it is the fact that Eleanor abused our welcome with lies and deceptions. Retrospectively speaking, the incidence has proven the value of our standard procedure.

And the strike is simple, we are not a drive-thru alliance. I wished to be more experienced and participate in the strike to be honest, I too have warmly welcomed Eleanor into Dark.

This has nothing to do with PAX as already said above and I hope that some of your allies would not be too quick to make snide remarks about us as an alliance.

Equinox,you've been a model of decorum as D.a.r.k's site liaison between us and Pax.

Being a diplomat is a tough job, but you're doing great.

A multi-tasking diplomat with sig making skills...

Who can resist?

:oooo:

gogo

Thanks ever so, I am delighted to hear this from you.

Yeah, you get the odd player that is an arse basically. Those players aren't let into PAX, I believe D.a.r.k. is much like PAX in that respect.

This really is a thriving forum community eh :oooo:

Hi Equinox

Cool to see the old timers in ogame are still around, so many have given up their accounts lately. A pity the cr thread has developed into a flame fest. However its good to see that some of the pax admins have at least understood that the planning started a long time ago, and that the hit was never meant to be be an attack upon pax.

But, I have a couple questions I hope you could answer us. I understand if you don't want to answer them as they probably touches the internal affairs of pax. I was kinda discouraged from asking them on oof after seeing all the talk there. They would probably be twisted into something negative by the audience.

Its usually harder to get into the top 5-7 alliances as the requirements are a lot tougher, not only pts wise, but also integrity and honor counts a lot more than in smaller alliances. It is probably why these alliances manage to hold together over time and are much better able to resist backstabbing and corruption among members. At least this has been my view of it. That is why I and a lot of other darkies got, to put in mildly, baffled when eleanor joined pax. How was this possible with his background? Did pax do a background check upon him? Did you know about the hack attempt on Incendarius account? Even though if you don't trust the words from your enemies(?), didn't anyone ask questions about it? No worries at all that something similar one day might happen in pax? Our first thoughts about eleanor joining pax was that eleanor knew something were coming his way, like "with my superb score I can just join any high ranking alliance and seek protection from them.". Did eleanor mention anything about the probes and his worries?

Normally the new potentional host alliance usually asks previous alliances about the candidate, digs up stuff that can have any importance for the acceptance. Why didn't pax ask dark about eleanor, why he left etc. or did you just take eleanor's words for what it was? I know it sounds funny to ask dark after what has happened, but try to set yourself in the position before this. Wouldn't it be important to find out as much as possible about eleanor?

I assume you have read the thread where eleanor says he were leaving, and our planning. Isn't anyone in pax puzzled about why he left so fast, after doing elaborate posts by presenting himself on darkmatters with strong wishes to join etc. And notice one of eleanor's answers on why he left dark in the oof hit thread "guys you didn't even let me see your members in alliance page!" .. he told us he had an urgent visit in Africa(!). We never heard any complaints about a member page either, not even a question. To be honest most of us didn't know he couldn't see it :oooo: I suppose its obvious that people in dark just consider those comments excuses invented the same moment he wrote the posts. However is there no one in in pax that has pondered about those comments?

Eleanor to start is a Female player, very young at that too. Her immaturity is quite evident with that "hack" attempt. She met our criteria to join. That in itself is good reason for acceptance. However she really brought a FECAL MATTER!storm upon us, with that banning and the jazz with IPMs etc.

She cannot see on/off status and so far has been civil en masse thus she is less of a problem so to speak.

Nonetheless, I can understand your hostility and aggression towards her and alas she will remain in PAX.

• 3 weeks later...
Yup Eleanor's profile says she is a he

:4rofl:

I have a valid explanation. Has anyone heard of getting a SEX CHANGE!! :hugs:

And, on a more serious tone I would have to agree that Equinox and Snafu are two of the best diplomats out there. I knew a founding member of PAX who befriended you (he was there while it was still young, and he has said some nice things about you), and I also know werner has talked highly of you also. Must be a nightmare trying to defend Eleanor and stay friends with D.a.r.k. also! :oooo:

I hope you enjoy an outsiders perspective every once in a while. :D