Logo/Symbol

Okay so I absolutely love the Dark Matters Logo.... you know the symbol that looks like a D and an M at the same time... very cool! To whoever came up with it I am HUGELY impressed! So it got me thinking that it would be really cool if I had a logo... yah know some small type of symbol to stand for Wolfe's Lair... anyone have any ideas?

ayup

he's the genius behind EVERYTHING here lol. The FDM logo you guys have noticed was something he hand drew himself, and then brought to life on the comp. I believe there's an animated version of it somewhere...

:4rofl:

As well, and I just found this out not more than two minutes ago...Schot wrote HIMSELF custom-wrote the hover funcionalities, you guys now see on the front page of this forum that allows us to see subforms without having them listed on our index.

It's saved us valuable front page space and, since it's CSS driven, it works very VERY fast.

SChot...publish!!

Regarding logos for your site, Nightwolfe, I love stuff that's simple, and easy to read fast. It's got to stay in our head and travel with us. If you can, from memory, reproduce someone's logo...for me it means it's good.

:)

gogo

That is very impressive... that is one of the first things I noticed about the forum BTW.... and I immediately LOVED it. I just wish I could get proboards to do cool stuff like that haha!

Edit: Talking about the hover subboards up there ^

Yeah I agree about it needing to be memorable..... I stink at creating stuff though. I can take already made images and alter them/mix them/add effects and all that jaz to make great avatars or sigs or whatever... but just creating something from scratch is waaaay beyond me haha.

Edited by ~Night.Wolfe~

Reagarding the F in the FDM, check out this link here,

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3754

it goes to our site rules. All important stuff like this is posted by our Mister FDM who's avatar is the animated FDM logo. The anmations run through all the letters of the logo and you can see the F when it glows in starting sequence before the others.

Nightwolfe, inspiration is the probably the biggest challenge when making stuff like this. I know for DarkMatters coming up with a logo took more than a year. For it to look good it's got to "feel" right and represent what you like, want and where you want to go with your work. Your own site has been in operation for quite a while now. Perhaps making a short list of all the things you enjoy about it and/or what you want people to walk away with in their hearts and/or head could help with "seeing" your logo.

Once you're there...the rest will come easily.

:4rofl:

gogo

Hehe. Thanx! It was a lot of fun to make. :4rofl: Here's an animated draft version that shows the lettering much better. Might help to spark some ideas. :)

FDMlogo.gif

Hehe. Awh you're making me blush! :4rofl:

Here's a quickie that I threw together with regards to Wolfes Lair:

WL.png

And to give you an idea about how I made the fdm logo here's the way it came about:

Picture002.jpg

I basically doodled for a good 2 weeks, while at work shhhh! The page above was the last page I doodled. Oh and there were many, haha. After deciding on the large center version I used Photoshops pen tool to create a vector art version of it and then proceded to detail it. Once the static version was complete I took it to Imageready and added the animation.

All in all I think it was at leas a 3 week deal. :)

Oh very cool.... you even have meaning behind the shapes.... jeez. This is starting to seem like a much bigger project than I was thinking. Especially how I want something somewhat feminine looking hehe.

Okay I have a possible idea.... not sure if I am happy with it yet or not but give me opinions please...

wolfeslairlogonq9.gif

Oh yeah it stands for "Wolfe's Lair Domain".

Edited by ~Night.Wolfe~

Ah that's looking very good nightwolfe! You don't waste time, haha. One thing I'm wondering is what is the third item that blinks? I do really like the shape. Very cool looking! :4rofl:

P.s.

lol, just read your edit. hehe. perfect! Can't wait to see the next version! :)

Thank you! :4rofl:

What I really want to know is how Schot pulled off that moving gradient/pattern effect! Haha now that I have the basic shapes and idea I want to find a way to pretty it up a bit. I was thinking like a ripple water looking effect with small wolf paws in the background maybe... don't know if it will just look gawdy that way though... but have to figure out how to do it first hehe. Good-Tutorials.com here I come!

Oh Wolfe! thats awesome! I haven't a clue on how to do most anything on PS yet! But I would help if I could! Oh I can make a font!! :3lmao: Im getting better anyway :)

Schot! I love the doodlings!! Make sure you keep that safe :lol: (Its a part of history now!!)