Continue on with a question

When do you put up your X-mas tree?

As late as possible...I hate doing it...I get all obsessed if it looks wonky and then want to bin the thing LOL Good job the evil minions can do it instead.

Do you enjoy xmas?

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you enjoy xmas?

I do very much, once the stressful part of shopping and wrapping is done :hugs:

How long do you leave your tree up after Christmas?

No.

(yup I'm fatalistic right from the start. I was what, five? My babysitter was teaching Santa, and I refused to believe. She took me to a mall to see one, smart move for normal kid. But, I just point at the beard and said (in Chinese, my native tongue) : "fake, and they are everywhere." One of my first memories lol :hugs:)

OK, so when did you figure out that there's no Santa? Any specific on how?

OK, so when did you figure out that there's no Santa? Any specific on how?

I was 5 as well but through out history there has been some sort of Santa so I guess I do still believe but in the spiritual sense.

Favorite Christmas Memory.

(sorry I have to add mine Mine and Vampie's 1st Christmas together)

why do we keep talking about xmas!?

Because it is only 51 Days, 21 Hours, and 52 Minutes...But who's counting? and it is a brilliant time of year to get together with Family and Friends, and for us down under it coincides with Annual Summer Holidays as well, so usually 4 weeks off from work.

If you are a parent do you put out cookies and milk for the kids to believe Santa has been?

Edited by Funkilicious

Hehe, I'm a realist. I told kids the truth if they ask, if they didn't I go along with the parents by saying nothing. :cow_white:

Edit: so no.

When a kid ask you something difficult/horrible for them to understand, what do you do?

When a kid ask you something difficult/horrible for them to understand, what do you do?

I tell our kids to ask Vampie ( hehehe I pass the buck to her )

Who is counting down till Christmas?

(I know I am *puts on his Santa hat and sing Christmas songs he makes up* )

can you invent some meaningful greetings for xmas? (no usual boring stuff they write in xmas cards pls)

Not really, I use my Christmas Cards like a yearly diary of what we got up to, and we usually get back the same, nice way to catch up with those on my Xmas list but not in constant contact :)

Now the question, when do you cross someone off your Christmas Card List:)

A: I do celebrate Christmas, though not in the western sense. Anyway Chinese new year is big!! You simply can't ignore it in HK or China, coz most shops not related to food or essential are closed for weeks.

Q: Name a local dish that people from elsewhere isn't likely to know.

Name a local dish that people from elsewhere isn't likely to know.

Not that I am in any hurry to start eating our wildlife :blush: but here is a dish that I am sure wouldn't be found anywhere else but here. And their latest menu is full of surprises :P basically at this restaurant you can eat the Australian Coat of Arms :)

How to do you relax/meditate?

Edited by Funkilicious

hahaha I wish I knew how to relax/meditate!! but for the most part I read, sink myself into a good book to cool down and unwind.

Are you smart enough to walk away or hardheaded and cant let it go and have to stick up for yourself?

(I am hardheaded and it got me into tons of trouble yesturday at work lmao)

Are you smart enough to walk away or hardheaded and cant let it go and have to stick up for yourself?

Depending on the situation, if it is for the underdog then I will fight tooth and nail for the right solution believe me when I say, I am not a Yes person. If it is trivial then I walk away.

Do you tolerate fools easily:)

Do you like Shakespeare?

Yes the guy was a very good poet and play write. Even though people of his time thought him crazy.

Whiskey or Vodka?

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite type of book ?

Fantasy! by far!! Real life and non fiction is just too depressing so take my escapes where I can.

favorite gift to give someone special?

Favorite gift to give someone special?

Going with My Mum on this one, I try to give her something so that she is pampered (not that my Dad doesn't pamper her) but us girls know what we like, so usually a day spa with the works which is facial, pedicure, full body massage etc. something that gives her "me time"

Describe what your Christmas Table Centre piece will be?

Edited by Funkilicious