Sacred Secret Merchant?

Well this has been driving me nuts for quite a while now. Not so long ago I was running through The Embalmed Forest while working on the skills quest by advice of daveO. After getting lost several times I stumbled across a view of a Merchants house deep in the woods with no apparent trail leading to it.

How in the world do I get to this Merchant? I must reach this Merchant! He may have untold wares to sell! :4rofl:

Eforest.jpg

Hi :trans:

Schot:

You will find all the required info HERE

Sadly its just a simple ordniary merchant without untold wares to sell.

Hehe good work! Another dream shattered :4rofl:

Csaszar

Edited by Csaszar

*Picks up shattered pieces of dream* :trans:

And I had such high hopes! haha. Ah thank you Czasar! I love that kind of hidden path stuff in fantasy games. :P Looks like it's time to do some shopping! :trans:

Cheers! :4rofl:

The 'secret' merchant is pretty close to the 'Weapon of Legends' if you start the True Fighter quest sequence. By far, the Embalmed Forest is the most dangerous place of the +skills quests besides the first trip thru the Valley of Tears when gunning for the Book of Wisdom.

:trans: Yup its all but another simple shop. Sry :trans:

Yup the weapon of legend skill quest is too difficult, although the extra skill pts are not that vital. (unless you are a perfectionist :4rofl:)

I think the problem with the True Fighter quest is that it's too long, has too many links, goes thru three high danger areas(Embalmed Forest, Dryad Forest, Valley of Tears), and has very little reward for the effort. Sure you could get 2-6 skill and attribute points but the most likely result is only two unless you're good and/or lucky. My Dwarf got four points using Flamethrower, but it's very hard to kill all the goons at the exact same time to get the better bonuses.

Not only that, but there ARE bugs with this quest. The largest bug is that you can't sell the dagger and use another one(unless from a higher difficulty). The dagger alone has a high risk of getting the whole quest pooched from selling or dropping it. Adding insult to injury is that this dagger is more like a toothpick in terms of damage rather than something that will make taking down the Forest Golem any easier. AND how the heck does a BM even defeat the Forest Golem with this pathetic 'Weapon of Legends':)

Edited by DaveO
(unless you are a perfectionist :))

*raises hand* :) I just cannot bring myself to NOT do all the quests with every character lol.

AND how the heck does a BM even defeat the Forest Golem with this pathetic 'Weapon of Legends':)

Very, very carefully! LOL seriously though...

Step 1: Fill your entire inventory with health potions (you will definitely need them).

Step 2: The golem is weak to magic damage so equip rings and anything else you can find that gives a boost to magic damage.

Step 3: While fighting him use Stoneskin and Waterform, even if they are only at level 1 they really will help.

Step 4: Be patient! It will take a LOOOONG time to beat him but if you have used the methods above you can do it! :D

Hint: Also if you can get him at an angle to you so he is a tad bit above and to the left or right of you rather than straight on than his hits will do less damage. Just keep moving till you can get him to stay at an angle. :gogo:

Hope that helped a bit!

@ DaveO (I can't find the quote button or I'd quote) - there have been multiple times that I have been able to use spells on the forest golem. This usually happens when I run out of healing potions and have to run back to the portal, grab some, then come back. I'm pretty sure there is more to it, but it has worked before. I've also heard of it from other character classes too, although most of them don't need much help defeating him. Sorry it's off topic guys....