Obituary of a Vamp

Seductive Vampie's Vampiress died this morning after a 2 day illness of bad drops. Her place of death was the pirate cave and witnesses were Curtis and EvilMale. She was a month old and had 80 levels under her belt at the time of this unfortunate incident. The cause of her death is still under investigation. All we know at this point in time was that she died in a matter of seconds for seemingly no reason at all. One eye witness said that she was fine then a skeleton pirate was headed near her then in a matter of seconds she died, while Vampie herself didn't see or hear any danger only the sound of a cold death. We suspect that lag had something to do with it but a better assumption is that Sacred was just in a mood to kill. :P

Sorry to hear that Vampie. I can still remember my first HC death, partly because of how it happened and partly because up until recently it was also the highest level character I'd managed to make.

Melee Perma-vamp just after Plus came out. Similar death actually unless I've completely lost my mind. Was in the Lich dungeon place up in the Mystdale Forest (well kinda). Something froze/lagged/stalled and next I knew she was dead... at around level 92 or so if I remember correctly... was saddening. There were witnesses, but other than Claire I'm not even sure if anyone I played with back then is still around actively (well DaGirl also but I'm sure she wasn't in game at the time).

It's always sad to lose a toon, particularly when there's no good reason for it (due to lag/bugs). I hope you'll start her over and if anything make her better than the first time around.

*hugs* vampie , I lost a level 42 daemon close to the same way, one minute there were no ice giants at the monastery , next minute there were 10 and my daemon got trampled... by the time my party members had cut them down she was a mushy blotch on the pristine snow ...

*passes vampie a drink* Come join me (*crossing fingers*) hopefully in bronze tonight and We'll work on a new toon. I have to breed a new one for kami.

Awh Vampie. That ain't right. :P It's only happened once that I had a lag related death and I can say with certainty that it's the worst way to go. Since that happened I tend to check my ping whenever a strange calm falls over the land. If my ping turns out to be really high I run for the nearest portal out of the area, teleport to a party member further away or leave the server. When you're lagged out bad you risk the chance of taking hits without being aware of it. Not nice...

I'll be at the Kami with my forger. Hopefully I can help you get back on your feet some. :)

Hi Vampie

May your toon rest in peace. Sorry to hear about that. If I can give a a lil point of advice, for a perma melee vamp, pump up Str as attribute, and first of all, pump up Vampirism AND Constitution. Both help you getting good regen and constit also increases your HP. Look for items with +%%Str to damage. If I see you online, be sure I will give you stuff. As far as I remember, my cheap vamp (see the guide in Vampiress section) handled Orc Cave at level 12 bronze and at level 24 in silver with really no problem at all ! If you go for Fire damage with a weapon, there's a cave below jacquaire's first appearance spot that is worth having a look, xp and item wise. Only undead in there. And it's a cave, always midnight. I'll try to show you on a map. I overspawned this cave in Gold last night : 3 champions just in front of the stairs, level 70 to 75, mostly resistant to poison and taken down with my level 65 poison daemon.. Piece of cake. The outside of the cave is 9/10 of the time clear of all foe, so you can quickly run to safety.

EDIT with the map

01_karte.jpg

The cave is on the southern part of the map, just above the river, below Jacquaire's clearing (Unknown Warrior Quest)

Hope to see you soon, stronger and more cruel then never.

Hugs

*Puts a flower on the grave*

Nihi

Hi :)

Vampires are already dead - right? So they cant die again! Rest assured she is just hiding to gather strength till you need her again - and teach all she knew to your new Vamp!

Thanks for the advice Nihi. That's basically how I make my vamp. I still say my build was good it was a tragic accident. But in all this I have made some changes and my new vamp is even more awesome. I will go see the caves and ty for sharing them with me. I appreciate ya.