Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I just noticed one funny fact: All the dialogs and logs on some Zeno's pages are in spanish. I think, we'd have to change these pics when we would have some time. I just ran into this while looking at the Manners maketh Kobold, but I think that there may be more.

This is some pretty complicated stuff isn't it? Zeno is from Spain and may very well have intended that for the Spanish translation of the wiki. So I think we need to be careful to preserve it while taking care of the English version.

I just noticed one funny fact: All the dialogs and logs on some Zeno's pages are in spanish. I think, we'd have to change these pics when we would have some time. I just ran into this while looking at the Manners maketh Kobold, but I think that there may be more.

lol that's cool :D How did u know it was in spanish? ^^ Btw if u need a hand here I'll be glad to help (with quests I mean). Making the pictures of the sets can be a bit boring :P

Of course I checked it, but there is no spanish version for this page. All the spanish screens are on the english page. That is why I told you that we'd have to make new screens for the english one... or write the new text lines if we are going to make the spanish version.

Of course I checked it, but there is no spanish version for this page. All the spanish screens are on the english page. That is why I told you that we'd have to make new screens for the english one... or write the new text lines if we are going to make the spanish version.

You always are very thorough. I suggest going ahead and taking the replacement pictures when you have time and saving the ones Zeno made for a Spanish translation if anyone ever gets that far. It is unfortunate that this wasn't clear enough in my earlier post.

I'd like to preserve the Spanish pics as well. The history of the wiki will take care of preserving them. We just need a topic that lists pages that have/had Spanish images where editors can post to whenever they replace a Spanish(or other language) image with an English one. For reference.

One day someone may want to add spanish content and these images might help...

You always are very thorough. I suggest going ahead and taking the replacement pictures when you have time and saving the ones Zeno made for a Spanish translation if anyone ever gets that far. It is unfortunate that this wasn't clear enough in my earlier post.

I'm sorry, Ysne. I really tend to go too far sometimes.

I agree that we should list these pics somewhere. Though I wonder if somebody would use them. It seems that the wiki translation process stopped.

For the moment it has but since it's inception it has been on and off. I imagine as we come closer to "completion" we may turn our attention to translations.

That said preserving the Spanish images is not super important. In fact it may be better not to try considering the extra time and management it would take. If I had to choose absolutely whether we preserve them or not then I would say don't preserve them. The time spent maintaining their preservation would be better spent doing other things.

I'm not working with links now. I finally started working with NPCs and enemies from the Dryad's character-specific quest. I'm preparing pictures now. The screens are ready, now I have to do some post-processing. But I'm not sure that I start creating pages today, but I'd be doing them tomorrow.

Is anyone else tackling those Artamark links, or should I go ahead and work on those?

Heya Cathy!

Anyone can work on those links whenever they want, it's up for grabs...they're relaxing little tidbits anyone of us can snack on. Whenever one's finished, we can just post the delete request here for the redirect and we're done

:bounce:

gogo

I'm not working with links now. I finally started working with NPCs and enemies from the Dryad's character-specific quest. I'm preparing pictures now. The screens are ready, now I have to do some post-processing. But I'm not sure that I start creating pages today, but I'd be doing them tomorrow.

That is wonderful Silver! I am so happy to see these pages filling up. You do such nice work on them too.

TyBosso DeElfici will be interesting to work with. So far I have found him with parts in the Dryad, the High Elf and the Temple Guardian quests.

TyBosso DeElfici will be interesting to work with. So far I have found him with parts in the Dryad, the High Elf and the Temple Guardian quests.

Ah, very cool. He's going to have a very long page I think.

There is one link left to the old Tyr Lysia High Elf Region page.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Tyr_Lysia_High_Elf_Region/fr

The link is in the title of the page so Gogo or Schot will have to take care of that one.

So much for that exercise in mindfulness.

Great work... Tyr Lysia is done, great job Cathy

I deleted the redirect link.

gogo

There is one link left to the old Tyr Lysia High Elf Region page.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Tyr_Lysia_High_Elf_Region/fr

The link is in the title of the page so Gogo or Schot will have to take care of that one.

So much for that exercise in mindfulness.

Great work... Tyr Lysia is done, great job Cathy

I deleted the redirect link.

gogo

Wonderful. :)

And, just now also did a move from Jungle to The Jungle. All links redirected and finally the redirect has been deleted.

We're getting there

:)

gogo

I found several quest enemies that I hadn't located before and got them added into the respective quests while I was doing Tyr Lysia.

Looks like my Internet connection is cursed. While I want to do nothing, or I have no opportunity to work with wiki, it works fine, but once I want to do some new pages... Though I hope that the connection would be better later (it becomes better when less people are online).

Right now I'm going to start the game and check the Shadow Dryad's blue chain beginning. After reading the wiki page about it I thought that it would be useful to check before I start NPC pages. Looks like there would be more enemy-NPCs than I thought.

Looks like my Internet connection is cursed. While I want to do nothing, or I have no opportunity to work with wiki, it works fine, but once I want to do some new pages... Though I hope that the connection would be better later (it becomes better when less people are online).

Right now I'm going to start the game and check the Shadow Dryad's blue chain beginning. After reading the wiki page about it I thought that it would be useful to check before I start NPC pages. Looks like there would be more enemy-NPCs than I thought.

Sorry to hear about that internet connection. I hate it when mine slows down too. I did get started on Artamark last night.

6 NPCs and enemy-NPCs were done today. Now with these additional cores the server works quite fast. It definitely allows to do more pages. I have pics prepared for 2 more pages, but I'm too tired to do them now. This Dryad quest is a crazy thing. It seems to be so simple, but all the pages turn out so big. When I noticed that I'd prepared 40 pictures for 8 pages, I understood why I didn't dare to touch this quest for some time. But anyway, it would be done tomorrow.

Wa hoo, Silver that's awesome. The pages redux is well done. And yes, the cores are working out very nicely...all hail to MDD Hosting and our friend there Mike! :hugs:

He gave us a bit of an explanation regarding the pull on resources, and later on we'll make a post about what was happening. I'm glad that that this has impacted your work, and we can definitely see it on our end here locally.

I've done setup for page move to Bengaresh Desert, and will shortly begin the link changes.

gogo

I finished up with the links for Artamark shortly before I took my son out for another driving lesson a couple of hours ago. I'm working on the Shadow/Light arena owner chains in Thylysium right now.

The only link left was:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Artamark_Human_Region/fr

Edited by Ysne58

AWesome, Cathy, thanks. I've deleted that page, and we'll get back to the french page to hook it to the new page for artamark

YOu did a great blitz job with the human region, ty!

gogo

AWesome, Cathy, thanks. I've deleted that page, and we'll get back to the french page to hook it to the new page for artamark

YOu did a great blitz job with the human region, ty!

gogo

Thanks Gogo. I'm always looking for new mindfulness exercises. I really had to pay attention and make sure I didn't create new red links while I was re-linking. LOL

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates