Heroes

th3undon3on3

So I got hooked on Heroes during the summer and watched the whole of Series 1 in about four days.

Now Series 2 has started in America (we're barely half way through Series 1 here) and, through the joys of the internet, we managed to watch the first episode. It was awesome :oooo:

Anyone else been watching this?

Almost saw the entire first season and fell in love with it after the first three episodes. It was Crunchie who recommended it to me and he was right... this new series about super heroes with real life heroes is great. Some great effects...not over done, and the story line is SO deep.

:oooo:

gogo

Hehe, the point of a TV series is to stretch it as far as possible. Some just do it more annoyingly than the others *coughPrisonBreakocugh*

I’ve just noticed that Kristen Bell is joining the Heroes cast. I miss Veronica Mars….

Watched the first episode and well its heroes what can I say. But I am making this post with one thought in mind I hope they dont start to make "Lost" moments with taking us back to what happened in the 4 months jump time. I am fine with one or two characters but not for all of them or it will be half the season gone on it.

Enci made a very good point of things being "stretched" I never noticed this until I started watching well into the new Battlestar Galactica...don't get me wrong here...I LOVE the series...but...yeah I could feel great issues that were wonderfully exciting in the first year just being done over and over again to the point where I got tired of them.

I actually don't watch much tv and pretty much just rent series and movies, so haven't really seen "soap mechanics" in action yet, until lately and now I realize that "stretching" seems to be a challenge for any series.

I do love heroes though, and hope hey keep finding ways to keep it going.

:blink:

gogo

As I said, I watched the whole first series in about 4 days. It was awesome :4rofl:

I watched the new episode last night, and I have to say it wasn't really as good as the other two in the new series.

Edited by th3undon3on3

O come on the series must have a bit of hart in it it cant be all we are going to deal with the evil in the world. Plus it should Sylar one of the best bad guys of all times :sweating:

Guest FrostElfTwin

I lashed out and bought Season 1 on DvD a couple of weeks ago...

I liked the characters... but I found the formula to be trying.

It's the reversal game: you think someone is doing X, and they area... until the do -X, 'cause X really was wrong... but then, they switch to Z...

So they've been X, Y, and Z.

...the same formula was in "Pirates of the Caribbean". Deal X, betrayal, new loyalties, betrayal, new loyalties as the constant change in goals due to shifting circustances.

Lost, on the other hand, had NO idea where it was going EVERY week. These others, well, I expect they were planned out. (Though maybe the plan was just to follow the formula).

In the end, I wasn't too pleased with Heroes. It's ok. But it could've been great.

PS: Yeah, it is full of beautiful women and handsome men. But so is just about every show these days (except Lost. Can you say "Hurley"? {One of the nicest people on the inside.})

• 1 month later...

Since there is a good number of people watching Heroes I was wandering how do you like the way season2 is shaping up.

I for one like it. and really hope to see some more show downs between the first ones.

I was allsaw happy that in the last episode they showed what happened in the 4 months jump they made at the start of season2.

I normally have been enjoying this, ... well as much as I can while playing and looking over my shoulder at the tv from time to time, hehe! Actually I really don't like the story line atm, simply because diseases that wipes out everyone is kinda something that scares me in RL anyway.. so its not much fun seeing it in a fantasy show. Hopeing they finish this and find another story line to follow.

Is it just me or are the story lines getting formulaic? In season 1, it was preventing the bomb from going off. Now it's about stopping the virus from killing over 90% of humanity. Of course, with the writer's strike in action they may not find other people creative enough to come up with an alternative way of getting an audience hooked.

Very true Dave and I am getting the feel that they will be hidden heroes to the end of the show. Always stopping things from happening. Dont know just a feel I have. :cow_white:

now I lost it... what does the writer strike has to do with hidden heroes?

Anyway I never quite like Milo, well he surely has been pumping. But after all that he still looks like a teenage running around the block, not exactly my image of the roll he is playing. But then its a blessing for him since he doesn't seem to age. Gosh he passed his 30 right?

When I said hidden heroes I ment Myles that they work in the background the world never knows what they are doing and what they saved it from. thats what I ment by hidden heroes and that that will be a main thing all the way while the TV show runs. Every problem that they face it will be something they need to stop from happening in the near future. And that is basicly the writing of the shows story or the way they have chosen to take it. :cow_white: