Long time listener, first time caller...

I apologize if this is neither the time nor place for this, but this place is much more active than the GameFAQs board, and I had a few questions.

I just recently picked up the Sacred Gold edition, and while I am enjoying myself, I think I am playing it 'wrong'. That is to say, before the game arrived, I went ahead and did myself the disservice of reading some FAQs and guides so as to ascertain which of the characters I might want to focus on. While doing so, I also read about the Combat Art runes, and how it is not always best to immediately use them like you might think. This has got me paranoid. I've used one rune for each CA I did not have, but have been concerned about boosting them any further. Approaching level 20 now, this has me feeling like my character is a little weak in that field. I assumed the Combat Arts would cap out at 10 or so, and so I'd want to keep their level low while I can. And then I read the stats on a level 50/100/150 version of them. So now I am confused.

Question 1.) Approximately how often should I use a CA rune? How many can I use before I start 'noticing' them no longer dropping? I've built up a large stockpile of other character's Runes for trading in, but that still leaves me wondering how high I should raise a CA at any given time.

While reading the FAQs I decided that the Daemon sounded like a character I would enjoy. Nevermind that she can fly, having super quick skills with claws and knuckles floats my boat. I've been building up her dual wielding and weapon lore skills, and occassionally using some Battle Daemon form to heighten her battle prowess. But now I reread the FAQ on SacredWiki, and it suggests favoring the Fire Daemon form, along with Infernal Power and Call of Death (I think). I have not fully grasped the hot key placement/Combat Art placement yet, but I can barely manage to get Tentacles and Battle Daemon form working at the same time. I suspect my problem is Combos.

Question 2.) My computer is trying to load a combo guide right now, but just in case: What the heck am I doing? I have not messed with Combos too much yet, but I placed Battle Daemon and Tentacles in one, and it did just what I thought it would... and then I have to wait three minutes for it to refresh. I am assuming if I level up the CAs so that they last longer, the refresh time on the combo will simply get longer itself. Am I wrong? Should I have a seperate combo for each? Man I hope that combo guide loaded by now...

Lastly, I just have some minor questions. 3.) Is it possible for me to transfer items from one character to another? I am assuming not, at least not without exporting, playing multiplayer, and then importing back, but that sounds like a hassle. At least at level 17. 4.) Back to the Daemon, I read how good she is with claws/knuckles, but her statistics say she is much better with her bare hands. Is this right? Have I wasted countless skill points on Dual wielding for nothing? And lastly, 5.) Defense/Resistance confuses me. But I just realized the 'missing manual' is actually on the CD, so I am going to try and resolve that one on my own.

Oh, and hello, I am Kevin. Wonderful to meet you all. Please help me be less stupid.

hi kevin :P

how many runes you use depends on

- your level

- if you want it to be a runefarmer

- how strong your char is

- and what kind of CA it is

and it also depends how many diffrent spells/Combat Arts you want to use

like if you only tentacles and poisen deamon

you shouldent use to many runes here because you need to keep the regeneration time low.

and in tentas you can invest more to get higher damage but keep duration higher than regeneration.

combos add's much regeneration time, you can have a combo like a super backup attack like 4 hard hits in a row or 4 blazing disc's at once.

I wouldent recomand to be in need of a combo, to fast regenerate combos you can your a potion of concentration ''R'' but if you suddenly are out of them you are in deep problems.

in sp there is no other way then what you just said. (that I know of...)

but... c'mon get over sp get in hc :)

Heey there Kevin and welcome to DarkMatters. :P

Good answers Erling. Thanx! As Erling says if you decide to use combos then you might want to buy several Concentration Potions from any merchant. They are the yellow pots and a single pot will replenish your combo completely. In my experience though combos have been generally reserved for big boss fights only. One other thing a combo can be great for is to cast a single high level buff. If you're careful you can make a single buffing CA combo that is high in level and regenerates at a speed such that it will be ready to cast again at near the same moment your buff runs out. To do that you'll need to experiment a bit. Trial and error. :)

As for the Daemon I've never played her so I'll trust in that someone more experienced than me can come and give you some advice.

Good game!

Hey Kevin, welcome to DarkMatters!

heh, a lot of questions you have about the game, what I'm going to do is give you this link here to our DarkMatters Sacred Guides section which actually has many more guides than that are up at SacredWiki so far:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showforum=60

Best advice I can give with combos is to understand that one yellow pot will regen any number of ca levels of spells recorded when making a combo. For Underworld. Especially when creating a combo that puts together a lot of buffs this can be quite useful or...when putting together combos like Disks, combos are pretty much crucial.

Have a look through all the info, and keep posting questions.

And once again, welcome to the boards!

:P

gogo

Hello Kevin and like everyone said welcome to FDM. I am at this time building a Daemon in HC and I think I can help you out with some of the things.

Question 1.) Approximately how often should I use a CA rune? How many can I use before I start 'noticing' them no longer dropping? I've built up a large stockpile of other character's Runes for trading in, but that still leaves me wondering how high I should raise a CA at any given time.

While reading the FAQs I decided that the Daemon sounded like a character I would enjoy. Nevermind that she can fly, having super quick skills with claws and knuckles floats my boat. I've been building up her dual wielding and weapon lore skills, and occassionally using some Battle Daemon form to heighten her battle prowess. But now I reread the FAQ on SacredWiki, and it suggests favoring the Fire Daemon form, along with Infernal Power and Call of Death (I think). I have not fully grasped the hot key placement/Combat Art placement yet, but I can barely manage to get Tentacles and Battle Daemon form working at the same time. I suspect my problem is Combos.

First the problems is not combos. I cast each one on its own. Havnt used a combo on the Daemon so far.

As you said you show interest in the CoD+IP back up for the daemon. So I can say you are on the right track. My Daemon is spell caster so for attack I use Blazing Disks. The hole point in having everything active at the same time is getting the highest level of Ca with the lowest regen time possible. You archive this by adding points in Mediation and using a good amulets with a lot of Regen. Spell bonus on them. This will shorten the regen. time on the spells and let you read more runes. since CoD and IP are back up or bust spells you need to max them out I think COD maxs out at LV30 or so and IP is a lot higher. Example my IP lasts 90sec. and takes 4.5sec to regen.

Question 2.) My computer is trying to load a combo guide right now, but just in case: What the heck am I doing? I have not messed with Combos too much yet, but I placed Battle Daemon and Tentacles in one, and it did just what I thought it would... and then I have to wait three minutes for it to refresh. I am assuming if I level up the CAs so that they last longer, the refresh time on the combo will simply get longer itself. Am I wrong? Should I have a seperate combo for each? Man I hope that combo guide loaded by now...

As everyone said before about the combos. They are a back up option never for main all time use. The best way to regen them is with C.pots

As for the rest you said you got the answers already so I hope this helped you out a bit.

Excellent, this gives me a lot to think about. And I am glad I asked about the combos, since that means I was in fact just being lazy and assuming I wouldn't possibly have to click on three CAs and use them individually. I'm an American, I want all my spells to be one click away.

I did stumble across the extended guides located here, and I am digesting them as I type this.

I kind of knew about the balancing of CAs regen and duration, but I don't have many items or skills that lower them, so I was not sure why mine didn't seem too super yet. Now I know. And we know how that turns out.

One last possible query, something I read about on one of the FAQs, and I'm going to see if I can't find the answer on my own, but as a proper dependant, I'll ask it here too: I know Physical Regeneration raises certain CAs regen time, and Mental (Magic?) Regen does some others. But is that dependant on character, or CA? Some part of me believes I read that only the Battle Mage uses MR for CAs, but that just seems like a waste of an attribute.

-KEvin

HELLO KEVIN! nice to meet you, welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry that I dont have an answer for you (as I'm sacredly stupid at the moment) but I can assure you that everyone here (besides me) knows what they're talking about, so listen to them, and learn lots. very fun game, hope to see ya on the boards more often. take care man

-Total

I know Physical Regeneration raises certain CAs regen time, and Mental (Magic?) Regen does some others. But is that dependant on character, or CA? Some part of me believes I read that only the Battle Mage uses MR for CAs, but that just seems like a waste of an attribute.

-KEvin

Physical Regeneration gets your healf regen. faster. Mental Regeneration cuts down the regen. time of your spells. For the Daemon Spells are CoF IP BD and all othes save for the Daemon forms they are CAs.

I currently am building a daemon who uses battle daemon and infernal power with dual weilding thaines axes in mulitplayer HC as a spell backed pure melee toon (I cuisinart the monsters) . In SP you can only get one thaines axe, but you can always use a faladamars axe for the 2nd axe. I found battle daemon form as effective as fire daemon form for most things. Especially if you are not looking for fire damage as your main type of damage. IP works will all the forms, but it does mesh best with fire daemon since it adds to fire damage. There are some really good daemon guides out there. Read the ones that explain why to take certain c/a and what works with them to get a good feel for what pumps her skills best.

Have fun and try mp HC sometime, we dont bite (much) :-) And we're always happy to see another player come and join us.

Forgive my spelling its 10pm and I've been up since 5:30 and have 2 kids, my brain has office hours from 10 to 10:02 am daily otherwise its catch as catch can *lol*

Hi Kevin, and, <<one more time here -- in unison>> Welcome to the forum!

One thing I didn't see in the answers above (maybe I skimmed too fast, and I know the data is in the referenced items) but the MAIN reason I do not read runes is that each increment in a CA regenerates much faster if it is added through equipment -- either bonuses or socketed runes. If you read the runes, the regeneration period is longer.

Mental Regeneration improves the time for "magical" arts; Physical Regeneration for non-magic arts, like multi-hit or hard-hit for example.

Many characters have Combat Arts from both categories. The simplest way to tell is to look at your starting stats. If Mental Regen is 0 to start, you will never need it, ever. If it is not 0, then your character has some magical Combat Arts. You may not use them, and so it is possible that MR is wasted for you. For example, I play a bow wielding wood elf almost all of the time. The wood elf does have some magic spells, such as thorn bush, poison tendrils, etc., but I usually do not read any of those, so I leave MR minimum.

As for combos, I generally save them for the dragons -- hehe. Makes them a lot easier. Also, research your combo carefully. Sacred will permit you to build combos that can't work. When invoked, they "fizzle". For example, many aura creating spells can not be cast more than once. Thus, if you have "Stoneskin" already on as a mage, and your combo starts with "Stoneskin", followed by Meteor, Meteor, Meteor -- then NOTHING will happen when you execute it. The stoneskin fails (it is already on) and the combo is aborted.

All the best to you. You found the best site about the best RPG out there. Keep up the good work. And by all means try multiplayer - hardcore. Hope to see you there!

gial

Hi Kevin,

Dual Wielding : From what I've read and experienced, if you want to dual wield, only invest 1 skill point in dual wielding to be activate dual wielding and rather focus on sword lore from there on.

CA drops : I've never got to a point where CAs actually stop dropping entirely, just less frequently, but heck that's only after consuming a whole lot of 'em.... so don't worry about yer CA consumption in that regard. I'm no pro, but the pros say that ruin drops and CA recast time are most influenced by the variety of CAs you activated, secondly by the amount of CAs you consumed. So my suggestion is to experiment with all of them on a 'test subject', see which CAs you like, and restart the game with a toon you then customize to your liking. All I try and focus on is keeping my CA regen time to somethin' I feel comfortable with. Usually 1.5 secs on, say, Hard Hit. But playing in Bronze, I don't mind going up to even 3 or 4 secs regen time, 'cause I can always get the regen time down a bit later on when I reach Bravemart. But I'm sure that the SacredWiki Timers guide is actually the best info.

Just one more thing, if yer wondering... I've never heard of a CA reaching any kind of limit.... for example - these guys talk about 1 mil damage on a single HH ! I think I've eaven heard of 2 mil :) (or was that 20 mil :)) please correct me here guys and gals.

my 2 cents...

Dual Wielding : From what I've read and experienced, if you want to dual wield, only invest 1 skill point in dual wielding to be activate dual wielding and rather focus on sword lore from there on.

or axe lore ^_^

Man you guys have already been so helpful, I'm already feeling guilt for when I inevitably move on to another game. One of the reasons I don't tend to play too many games online is because I'll suddenly just 'switch' and decide another game is calling out to me. I really enjoyed playing Diablo 2 online, back when it first came out, because I had some good relationships with a lot of people who played it. Those people still play it, whereas I've probably played 20+ games since then, with no real intention of looking back. I mostly got drawn to Sacred since I am sort of 'between' games right now (though the heavens know I have a huge backlog), and I suddenly remembered thinking I wanted to play that game where you were an Angel-lady and could ride a tiger. As that game is not out yet, I figured I'd give the original one a chance, especially since Amazon had it for 14 dollars.

So I am not against playing online with you folks, but I think I'll be sticking to not-so-Hardcore for the moment. Heck I am still in Bronze difficulty (switching to Silver when next I play).

As for dual axes/swords, normally I'm all for it, but not enough games give dual fist/knuckle weapons as a valid option, so for the moment I am sticking with them. Though with the extra 2 weapon slots I have right now, I should probably get something a little different. Naturally it was my Seraphim who found the Set Daemon sword.

And somewhat back to the problem at hand; I brought out the Infernal Power rune I'd been saving for a rainy day, and started using it and Fire Daemon instead of Battle Daemon. Well I cannot say I've noticed much of a difference (again, only level 19, and the CAs are both about level 1), however, for whatever reason, Infernal Power of all CAs, simply decimates my frame rate. It seems to only happen when there are already monsters on the screen (so basically constantly). I've been using Tentacles up until now, and read how it's a good CA but it's not very computer friendly, so it's weird to have this problem with IP. Especially since from what I can tell, IP has no graphical indication of it being active.

Speaking of which, is there anyway to tell how much longer a CA is going to last? Tentacles gives me an aura/circle under my character, and the Forms are obvious, but I cannot notice anything with IP.

-KEvin