NEW Project: Sacred 2 Purist Fixpack

Flix

7 hours ago, Flix said:

I might be able to change the shout volumegroup assignment in soundresources.txt so it doesn't overlap with the voiced quest dialogue

Hmm, might work.

8 hours ago, Flix said:

would it be possible to somehow prevent the game from interrupting voice lines at all?

Noted for later evaluation.

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, Flix said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the situation is this: those combat shouts were bugged and never present before, now they work in PFP and count as voiced lines.  Your character isn't going to be able to say two things at once. 

EDIT: I might be able to change the shout volumegroup assignment in soundresources.txt so it doesn't overlap with the voiced quest dialogue.  We'll see.

The CA grunt, for the Shadow Warrior at least, is like a 0.5 second long, somewhat quiet *hhaggh* and occurs every single time you use a CA, no matter the voice line frequency setting, unlike all other combat voice lines that only trigger occasionally and on hit/getting hit or hitting/killing a specific enemy. If the CA execution grunts could somehow have their own category so they don't override anything else currently playing, it would be a very nice improvement overall.

I usually play with character comments on "frequent", so that's why I noticed it. Currently, the only way to hear voice lines fully is to stop using CAs before they finish, so either just running around or left clicking. Although, I tried looking into the animation.txt and basic attacks too have a SHOUT in their definition, yet they do not interrupt voice lines, so I don't really know the exact behavior.

EDIT:
Also, additional point of reference:

Spectral Hand for example does NOT interrupt voice lines as there is no grunt while performing it. So it is not a global thing with all Combat Arts.

Edited by idbeholdME

Another bug report:

Shadow Warrior's Nether Allegiance. Once you finish a quest that has multiple NPCs following you, it makes the Spectral Soldiers disappear from the map (minimap, the green friendly arrows). They still follow you, but it breaks the leashing script, which is supposed to teleport them to you if they get too far. When you enter a cave, they will never appear until you resummon them and have to do it for every location swap, but the script remains broken until you quit the game.

Does not happen in quests where there is only one NPC following you.

The behavior returns to normal when you quit out of the game and load again. Seems to be something iffy in the NPC dismiss script when the quest finishes that has this side effect on the Nether Allegiance summons.

EDIT:

Was Maldrion's Necklace unique amulet changed in any way? It just dropped for me and it looks like this:

maldr.jpg.cec39316a2be57dfb6f85e9937d0c679.jpg

The wiki claims it's supposed to have a bonus to a single aspect, not all Combat Arts. Did I just get insanely lucky and discover the ultimate version of this amulet, or was this changed in some patch? Has anyone ever encountered this?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Maldrion's_Necklace

Edited by idbeholdME
4 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

When you enter a cave, they will never appear until you resummon them and have to do it for every location swap

Something had to be done code-wise to address this (at least for Doppleganger it was), there's nothing I can do for it with the scripts.

4 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

Did I just get insanely lucky and discover the ultimate version of this amulet, or was this changed in some patch? Has anyone ever encountered this?

Correct, this bonus group includes 18 aspects (3 for each of the core characters) and also "All Combat Arts" as a possible bonus.  I'd say your chance to get this variation was 1 in 19.

So, nothing was changed, however you did draw my attention to yet another place where Dragon Mage bonuses were missing.  I'll address that in the next release.

• Like! 1
53 minutes ago, Flix said:

Something had to be done code-wise to address this (at least for Doppleganger it was), there's nothing I can do for it with the scripts.

It's like the game "partially" dismisses the NA summons and they get stuck in some weird state. They behave normally, but disappear from the map and no longer teleport to your location when too far/entering a new area. As said, it only happens after you finish a quest where you have multiple NPCs following you.

But it can be easily fixed just by quitting and loading so definitely don't waste too much time on it. Had that happen like 4 or 5 times so far I think.

53 minutes ago, Flix said:

Correct, this bonus group includes 18 aspects (3 for each of the core characters) and also "All Combat Arts" as a possible bonus.  I'd say your chance to get this variation was 1 in 19.

So, nothing was changed, however you did draw my attention to yet another place where Dragon Mage bonuses were missing.  I'll address that in the next release.

Well, purely mechanically speaking. If "IsUsableByHero = 700" from balance.txt succeeds for this amulet, wouldn't it limit the options to just 4 options (3 aspects + all)? If yes, then that would result in a 17.5% chance to get the all arts version.

If not, then I truly got really lucky. But I think it does, considering the vastly lower amount of items that I find with bonuses for other classes in general.

Well, kinda sucks that I blew my luck on a level 60 Silver version but nice anyway. And if IsUsableByHero does not have any role in this, then it's gonna go even lower (1 in 22) with the Dragon Mage aspects :D 

Edited by idbeholdME

I believe the usagebits parameter on each individual bonus is used by the IsUsableByHero calculation, so yes it would be a much better chance than what I said.  I just got lazy with trying to put the item bonus's rarity into proper perspective (no insane luck needed, was the point) and forgot I was talking to someone who paid attention to every detail.  :sweating: 

The function may also take into account the weargroup assignment on the item's blueprint and/or itemtype.  I say maybe because the weargroup seems to be ignored if a blueprint with multiple wearers is dropped as a quest reward - you seem to just get a truly random selection.  For example the Helmet of Insanity, or the Fool's Hat from Manner Maketh Kobold.  I'd been considering making a separate blueprint drop for each specific character, like the Bunny Ears or Scribe Bracers of Atherton.  The Jester Cap is junk-tier in the base game but I made it into a unique in D2F.

Thanks for the additional details.

So I only got slightly lucky :sigh: . But at least it won't make the all arts version that much harder to find when you add the Dragon Mage to the pool :D 

Will probably update the wiki page for this amulet later.

EDIT:

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Are you sure the Dragon Mage bonuses are missing? I tried checking the ring in the blueprint.txt in the current PFP version to get my bearings with how items are defined (got it I think), but I think I see the Dragon Mage bonuses being present for the bonusgroup this amulet has assigned.

Spoiler

newBlueprint = {
  id = 2571,
  name = "unique_amulet_maldrion",
  palettebits = "1111111111111111",
  dmgvariation = 0,
  minconstraints = {20,13,0},
  lvljump = 20,
  usability = 0,
  allotment_pmfpi = {1000,0,0,0,0},
  uniquename = "unique",
  specialuseonly = 0,
  bonusgroup0 = {511,350,1,9,0},
  bonusgroup1 = {987,1000,1,9,0},
  itemtypes = {7177,},
  wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_DEFAULT',},
}

It has bonusgroup 511 (contains only the bonus to all combat art skills)

Spoiler

newBonusgroup = {
  id = 511,
  name = "SB_addskill_CA_any                                                                                                              ",
  bonuslist = { 366,},
}

and bonusgroup 987, which contains 22 possible bonuses. 21 for all the specific character aspects and 1 for the all aspects bonus.

Spoiler

newBonusgroup = {
  id = 987,
  name = "BGF_ring_aspectplus                                                                                                             ",
  bonuslist = { 301,302,303,304,305,306,307,308,309,371,427,433,439,482,485,491,497,503,509,764,765,766,},
}

The Dragon Mage ones should be numbers 764,765,766. Did you not see them when checking? :bounce:

Would be weird, unless you were looking into a different place than me. This is in the blueprint.txt from PFP 1.2

Edited by idbeholdME

Right you are! I had the vanilla blueprint.txt open for comparison purposes and was looking in that one by mistake.

By the way, I found the Slave Outcast elite whose bow is conflicting with his hard hit attack.  id = 758,  name = "HU_slaverobber_leader_elite",

You can try changing his spell entry in creatures.txt from "enemy_whit_harterschlag" to "enemy_mmissile_poison" to see how he will behave in PFP 1.3.

Just been looking over some of the Malevolent Champion CA mods and I'm seeing some weird stuff.

Firstly Killing Spree.

- Silver mod B in-game says Shockwave instead of Perseverance. Tooltip right now claims that it increases the radius of the energy blast. Wiki says the mod should be Perseverance, which increases Killing Spree duration by 50%. Checked spells.txt and it is duration of the Killing Spree

entry7 = {"et_duration_sec", 1000, 5, 4, 8 },

as the wiki says. Why does it show a different name and effect in the game?

- Gold mod A Sway. In the game says that it increases attack speed. Wiki says attack speed and movement speed. Entry for this mod is:

entry8 = {"et_charge_attackspeed", 250, 0, 5, 41 },

Does this only increase attack speed (I'd assume so)? If so, why does it also say movement speed on the wiki?

Secondly Reflective Emanation.

- Gold mod A Riposte. Wiki says it should be a chance to increase the reflected damage, which I'd assume was supposed to be increasing the damage dealt back to the enemy. However, it currently increases the melee reflect chance instead of what the wiki says:

entry6 = {"et_chance_reflect_CC", 150, 4, 5, 41 },

I can't see any mention about this in the PFP change log about this specifically. What gives?

The Reflective Emanation one could just be a wiki error or weird vanilla tooltips, but the Killing Spree silver mod description and name is definitely wrong in the PFP. Not sure about the KS gold mod.

EDIT:

Just tested the KS gold mod and movement speed is also increased with kills, so it should probably be added to the tooltip.

Edited by idbeholdME
12 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

Silver mod B in-game says Shockwave instead of Perseverance. Tooltip right now claims that it increases the radius of the energy blast. Wiki says the mod should be Perseverance, which increases Killing Spree duration by 50%. Checked spells.txt and it is duration of the Killing Spree

Mistakenly copied-over tooltip from EE.  I thought I caught them all; looks like one was left over.  Will fix in next release.

For the rest, trust the scripts over the Wiki.  The Wiki was created using the original tooltips and editors often took them on faith, not necessarily knowing to check the actual scripts. 

On the other hand, PFP tooltips report the actual effects whenever possible (with the exception of the mistake above), with all the vague & misleading b.s. replaced with clear descriptions.  I did not change any of those modifications from vanilla scripts.

21 minutes ago, Flix said:

Mistakenly copied-over tooltip from EE.  I thought I caught them all; looks like one was left over.  Will fix in next release.

For the rest, trust the scripts over the Wiki.  The Wiki was created using the original tooltips and editors often took them on faith, not necessarily knowing to check the actual scripts. 

On the other hand, PFP tooltips report the actual effects whenever possible (with the exception of the mistake above), with all the vague & misleading b.s. replaced with clear descriptions.  I did not change any of those modifications from vanilla scripts.

Cool.

I also just tested the Killing Spree gold mod and it actually does also increase movement speed. So should probably be added to the tooltip as it currently says that it increases only attack speed.

And Reflective Emanation Riposte mod always just increased the melee reflect chance instead of increasing the reflected damage? The wiki even claims different numbers (14% + 1.4% per CA level chance), which is different from the current values of 150, 4.

Edited by idbeholdME
15 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

So should probably be added to the tooltip as it currently says that it increases only attack speed.

Will do.

15 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

And Reflective Emanation Riposte mod always just increased the melee reflect chance instead of increasing the reflected damage? The wiki even claims different numbers (14% + 1.4% per CA level chance), which is different from the current values of 150, 4.

Yes, there's no such way to increase damage reflected. It's always 100%. 

There's no easy way to quantify the exact chance increase per level due to diminishing returns.  I would wager whoever input those numbers tried to just read runes into the level 1 CA and then document the increase.  The script numbers don't correspond in a 1-to-1 way for certain tokens.

• Like! 1
On 2/25/2022 at 2:34 AM, Flix said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the situation is this: those combat shouts were bugged and never present before, now they work in PFP and count as voiced lines.  Your character isn't going to be able to say two things at once. 

EDIT: I might be able to change the shout volumegroup assignment in soundresources.txt so it doesn't overlap with the voiced quest dialogue.  We'll see.

One more note about this.

Just been running around for a bit on the Shadow Warrior Hellhound and:

1. Multiple voice lines can play simultaneously while mounted (one does not cancel another).
  2. No CAs interrupt voice lines while mounted (no grunts occur).

So the game is obviously somehow capable of not skipping voice lines and even playing multiple at once (although this second effect is probably not that desirable). I'm not sure if you've already figured this out or not, but just another point of reference.

And one side note, mounts can be summoned in caves. But it can be ignored for the most part I guess. Didn't realize that until I noticed it when I loaded a save in a cave and the mount was right on top of me.

Edited by idbeholdME

Just did a thorough test of the Dragon Cult quest chain from the Shadow side and there are a couple things that probably could be improved. There are 3 possible scenarios.

Scenario 1

Dundiel tells you to kill Blackhammer. You do so, return to Dundiel, end of chain. However. the quest log for this scenario looks like this:

Spoiler

blackhammerdead.thumb.jpg.ac21e0744f505399570f645162a68802.jpg

The Blackhammer Must Die! quest fails the moment you decline Blackhammer's offer to tell you about the cult and is followed up by Death of A Rebel, which tells you to kill Blackhammer and report to Dundiel. Seems a bit illogical when a quest called "Blackhammer Must Die!" only succeeds when you spare Blackhammer. :huh:

Scenario 2

You listen to what Blackhammer has to say. Return to Dundiel, defeat him once, he begs for mercy, you refuse and kill him. The quest log at this moment looks like this:

Spoiler

dunddead.thumb.jpg.3e046a752b5abcd4d48e6735e559ba1e.jpg

Important Discoveries only succeeds if you spare Dundiel. Dundiel's End quest also states that now that you've killed Dundiel, Ophtanar is next on the list.

This makes the quest circle for the Revelations quest appear on the map, but not in the quest log:

Spoiler

revonmap.thumb.jpg.e5de4946ed0e658156d0be258262f234.jpg

It is the quest where you go kill the cult leader Ophtanar and use his key to get the treasure. The quest works fine and even completes and gives you the experience reward the moment you unlock the gate to the treasure, but it is not written into the quest log. When selected (by clicking on it through map), it shows in the quest log as a blank quest with no text:

Spoiler

blank.thumb.jpg.7710c1f20b82b8f519d3ca6ef7195dc5.jpg

Scenario 3

The full scenario. Talk to Blackhammer and hear him out. Return to Dundiel, show mercy. Talk with him again and it triggers the Revelations quest. This time, is shows up properly in the quest log:

Spoiler

dundlive.thumb.jpg.8b8397f1aa79021526ceaa16f05e3f4a.jpg

You then go to Waton with him and Waton kills Dundiel. Then he asks you to assist him in killing Ophtanar. Everything flows normally from then on. You kill Ophtanar with Waton, grab the key and get the treasure. This is the only scenario where all quests end up marked as complete.

Additional note: Ophtanar's personal guard can be attacked and killed before even talking to him. They only start attacking you after the conversation.

Conclusion:

The quests work fine mechanically, but there is general quest log behavior weirdness (except scenario 3). Trying to improve the flow is probably not worth the time and would also probably require writing up a couple lines of text for the outcomes.

However, the one thing I think warrants fixing is Ophtanar's guard being targetable before they're supposed to be.

EDIT:

Strange. Now I did it for the last time and the Ophtanar's guard is not targetable :huh:. Before, I was just rushing to him, but now I did a bunch of other stuff before going to him.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1

BUG REPORT:

During the quest "The Legendary Pirate Treasure," there is a strange rock and when the player interacts with it, it triggers the quest. However, even when the quest is triggered (shown by the green lettering and activation sound) when I got to the door to the secret cave area, the door was still locked, disallowing access. I tried it in Multiplayer with the same result.

(I checked for Windows Security Ransomware Protection issues and there were none.)

:dntknw:

• Thanks! 1

UPDATE

I reloaded the game and the door to the cavernous area was unlocked. Still, it would always be unavailable for exploration in Multiplayer.

2 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

The Pirate Treasure quest worked without issues for me. Didn't even have to quit out of the game. Strange.

UPDATE:

I completed the entire quest, yet again, in Multiplayer and it worked flawlessly. It may be a similar anomaly as when an quest item is supposed to drop, such as a Kobold's "yellowfoot herb," and only four of five drop. Upon reloading the game the missing quest item is there in plain sight. Still, for the exact same issue to occur twice consecutively, is rare, indeed. Alas, one just has to love all of the marvelous inner-workings and idiosyncrasies of this complex and often eccentric game.

:agreed:

41 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

I completed the entire quest, yet again, in Multiplayer and it worked flawlessly. It may be a similar anomaly as when an quest item is supposed to drop, such as a Kobold's "yellowfoot herb,"

That is something which always interested me. Computers can't generate true random events, they always do the exact same thing given the same starting condition. So it doesn't make sense to me that there's different outcomes unless this event has been programmed on purpose this way, making it a pseudo-random event by definition. Either in questscripts.txt which I could fix or hardcoded which would require an assembly master. Either way, it's just wierd that this can happen.

One minor thing I just encountered, specific to the Shadow Warrior.

Casting Belligerent Vault (no mods taken) while rooted instantly teleports you to the destination point without any animation whatsoever. You are still unable to move after teleporting (for the duration of the root). It makes the gold root breaking mod somewhat less appealing because you can still use BV to move around. Not sure if it's always been this way, but seems a bit strange when being rooted de facto improves BV because it removes the animation/execution time.

Not sure if the same happens with the Seraphim Assailing Somersault. Maybe someone who's playing a Seraphim can test it in the Swamp with Olm Entanglers.

Edited by idbeholdME
36 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

Not sure if the same happens with the Seraphim Assailing Somersault

Yes, the same happens with Assailing Somersault :)

I don't know if it's a bug or if they have an ability like that, this is an Orc Archer and he just revived like the undead do.
He was dead on the ground, 0 hp, I could still attack him but not damage him further and then he healed to full hp and I had to kill him again.

CdBPfnf.png

• Thanks! 1

One itemization thing I spotted:

pistol.jpg.f896d87f12e6130170bfa5bb6264a36e.jpg

Energy Pistols can roll with Shadow Warrior Aspect bonuses. As Shadow Warrior can't use them at all, they should probably be removed as an option. In the similar vein where Temple Guardian bonuses were removed from polearms and Inquisitor bonuses from bows.