NEW Project: Sacred 2 Purist Fixpack

Flix

14 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

And one additional minor report:

Normal Terror Boars seem to give anomalously high experience. They're currently giving me about 3.8K XP and Elite Terror Boar about 4.5K.

I see it. The template for elite boars has 200% XP vs. the normal boar template. So far so good.

However, I see normal terror boars (black) are assigned 660 XP per kill vs elite which only have 360. Seems the values got swapped.  Will fix in next release.

The brown ones give 200 XP (normal) vs. 360 (elite).  This is more in keeping with the standard XP difference seen in other boars so they should be ok to stay the same.

1 hour ago, idbeholdME said:

As far as the books go, I'd honestly just make the Diaanja's Study Book not drop besides the quest where you you are supposed to receive it.

In fact, this might be a decent workaround for all the expansion books. Make them drop via quest stages in the appropriate areas, rather then mess with the generic drop template.

D2F quest-book association:

• Crypt of the Damned - Mage Galdar (Lost Crypt)
  • Diaanja's Studybook - Diaanja's lair (The Cursed Forest)
  • Guidebook of the Huntress - Seraphim Juchalti (First Steps)
  • A Northland Tale - Battlemaster Gambolt (Northland Expedition)
  • The Redeemer - Baron's Son (The Unholy Crusade)
  • A Zombie's Diary - Amantha (The Scent of Life)

You could take this further and connect the Books of Religion to the various god quests.

I haven't fully implemented this yet in EE yet.  This is all outside the scope of PFP though.

• Like! 1
7 hours ago, Flix said:

This is all outside the scope of PFP though.

I'd personally consider the Study Book a fix. It is absolutely obvious that you were supposed to only get it as a part of the quest chain, as evidenced by the book already being a reward for this quest. All the other Ice & Blood books are mostly just general info/lore, but that one book should be exclusive to the quest.

IMO at least.

Edited by idbeholdME
20 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

IMHO, they simply slapped those to the existing book drop list. That assumption is based on the state of, hmm, 40 - 50% of the expansion content prior to the CM fixes. One has to keep in mind, that Ascaron was going through an insolvency process at the time.

Agreed. Would fit the thought process imho. Make everything drop everywhere for now and later, if there's time, compare it to tying the book drops to quests/areas.

As you might know I've got a faible for lists, so here I've created a quick Pro/Contra list for you:

1. Let all books drop everywhere
    • Raises inconsistencies for books where there should not exist copies of, only the original.
    • Adds a lot of hints randomly scattered all around Ancaria, raising curiosity.
    • Makes collecting all books an actual challenge.
  2. Let the bloodforest books only drop during the bloodforest quests, but let all other ones drop everywhere
    • Raises the question: If that book is associated with it's correct quest, what about all the other quest-related books then?
    • The first point can be somewhat negated: It's illogical for copies of the book to exist. There really should exist only the original, and the information contained within is information which would spoil the cursed forest chain quest if read before.
    • Adds extra reward to that quest.
  3. Associate all quest-related books with quests, region-related books with regions and let all other books randomly drop through droplists
    • Makes many books much easier to collect and/or makes it easier to farm specifical books.
    • Completely kills hints and curiosity for quests/regions raised by books.
    • Makes many quests and discoveries feel much more rewarding.
    • Sorting is always satisfying.

I purposefully left out the question of which behaviour might've been intended by the devs since I feel like that's an unfinished part of the game so I have no answer to that question. Feel free to disagree with, or add points to, the list.

In case anyone's interested in my personal opinion:

Spoiler

Modders are mostly mathematical persons, at least to me sorting and matching things is in my nature, but it would hurt the gameplay here. I can tell because of my gameplay experience with Sacred Underworld: For the longest time I was just playing Ancaria campaign, but being able to collect all underworld books during Ancaria campaign raised interest. By a lot. Even though Underworld campaign was pretty bad imho, it's the books which made me play and enjoy it, and I have no doubt that the books are the reason for all the fantasay, fanfics and theories like my favourite Inquisitor=Anducar theory. Imagine not knowing Gronkor's outlook, but getting a hint of its existance. It's the same thing with books.

On the other hand, Djaana's Studybooks relation to its quest is different to all the other quest-related book relations, as stated above.

So all in all I'd say the logical solution would be choosing option 2 for PFP and creating an additional mod with option 3.

I noticed that T-Energy conoles drop books in EE. I have no idea how you did that, but it's pretty cool imho. Could that be used to tie books to regions rather than enemies spawning in that region?

Edited by Lindor
Reason: spelling mistake
  • Appreciation 1

Lindor, do you find S1 immersive? I tried more than one time to find my way in, but it all did not apply to me.
I read the books I have found, gravestone and statue inscriptions, talked to NPCs. I always had the feeling that
the whole thing does not fit together somehow. It looks not like a gameworld, grown in harmony, rather like a
hastily glued together meat loaf. After a while, I skipped everything in frustration and turned to relentless
slashing.
Speaking of Underworld, when I am in hell in a few years, the Devil will force me to play Underworld over and
over again until the world stops turning. Especially when I reach Purgatory, I shall be forced to click at all
NPCs and have read their one liners.
Oh, did I tell you already that I got myself some help from a bunch of rpg geeks who help me with an alternative
timeline, universe, history stuff, lore... and so on? I will keep you up to date.

Dimitrius, since you seem to got a unique version of the game, is there a bigger difference between your
version and the version you get in the store? Just curious.

1 hour ago, Dax said:

Lindor, do you find S1 immersive?

In early days, yes. But the older I grew, the less it happened. I believe it started with my ambition growing, reaching niob, collecting all the good stuff, finding out all the little and big bugs and learning more and more about the game. The more I learned how it works, the more transparent and, as a consequence, the less immersive the game became.

As child I found Sacred soo hard, started with a Gladiator and did not know that there were skill- or attribute points. Yeah.:B6nFRAh: I eventually found it out, but still it was sooo hard to me, there were times where, over many months, I just sat down and tried to slay urgalook every day, truly countless times, and I always died. Then the route to Silver Creek. And I don't even want to talk about the desert dragon. I think I spent half my youth in the desert of Ancaria:lol:

The thing is that I didn't care about the game mechanics or being good, I just wanted to be there, in the world. But that is all long ago, and the older you grow, the smarter you get (at least that's how it should be, not so sure about that with all humanity), and when my ambitions started to grow, the world became more and more uninteresting and it became more about transforming my chars into semi gods.

With the completion of the char pack, my ambitions pretty much have been satisfied and now there's little to no reason left going back to the game other than nostalgia. The one thing that could bring me back is the modding scene, but I don't have time for that. I'd rather spend my humble talents on Sacred 2 or Skyrim. So I'm just sitting here and waiting for the remake, but being fine in case it never happens.

Life lesson I guess: if u noob, games are better.

Spotted one more wrong tooltip for a CA mod:

Rousing Command - bronze mod B.

Should be: Persistence - Prolongs the duration of Rousing Command.

Currently is: Readiness - Increases the Shadow Warrior's base defense value.

In the spells.txt, it is correctly duration, so as with Killing Spree before, it's just a wrong tooltip.

• Thanks! 1

I didn't report it sooner, as I thought that it might be as originally intended. After defeating the Inquisitor's guards and then Inquisitor in the Light Campaign, he's on the ground sputtering, "Go and get your reward," he then resurrects on interacting with him again as if he is fully restored. Then, he gives you another full run for your money.

• Thanks! 1
42 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

I didn't report it sooner, as I thought that it might be as originally intended. After defeating the Inquisitor's guards and then Inquisitor in the Light Campaign, he's on the ground sputtering, "Go and get your reward," he then resurrects on interacting with him again as if he is fully restored. Then, he gives you another full run for your money.

Wasn't that always the case? In the Shadow campaign at least, I am pretty sure I remember always having to fight Nimonuil twice.

Even back when I played only Fallen Angel without Ice & Blood. Not so sure about the light campaign, but I'd assume it'd be the same.

Edited by idbeholdME
23 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

Wasn't that always the case? In the Shadow campaign at least, I am pretty sure I remember always having to fight Nimonuil twice.

Even back when I played only Fallen Angel without Ice & Blood. Not so sure about the light campaign, but I'd assume it'd be the same.

The way I remember it, after he says, "All right, all right. Go! And get you're reward." He then expires and drops a few items.

• Like! 1

He's normally killed via script.  This is an EE change where you actually get the XP and drops from killing him yourself.  Should not be in PFP, will be corrected on next release.

On 3/18/2022 at 12:12 PM, dimitrius154 said:

It's folly to boast, but, ahem, I believe I'm the sole person on Earth, that possesses an almost fixed game(yeah, well, with some Battle Mage mechanics cheats). There were quite a few additional voicelines, not to mention Anducar's dying speech.

Will you publish it?

Hello, I have been starting recently to play with purist mod. It seems pretty solid, it works fine. But I have a doubt. I noticed I cannot join Online servers. Is possible to play with other players online using this mod? I checked that in Vanila works for me fine. Thank you for your time. ^_^

Killing Spree mods:

Bronze mod Control:
spells.txt mod token: entry4 = {"et_charge_AW_rel", 450, 50, 1, 41 },

Increases the attack with every HIT, not kill. The increase is % based and every subsequent hit has diminishing returns. Example from my current character which has 1557 attack rating before landing a hit with a LEVEL 16 Killing Spree with this mod. Every number is the attack rating after a basic attack hit an enemy:
1557-1635-1704-1766-1822-1873-1918-1960-1996-2029-2060-2086-2110-2132-2152-2169-2186-2200-2213-2224-2235-2244-2252-2260-2267-2273-2279 and so on, you get the idea. Diminishing returns.

Gold mod Sway:
spells.txt mod token: entry8 = {"et_charge_attackspeed", 250, 0, 5, 41 },

Increases attack AND movement speed with every HIT, not kill. Stacks similarly with diminishing returns as the attack speed, but as the caps here are 150%, you can reach those quite easily before the diminishing returns completely neagate the bonuses.
Examples:
Before hitting enemies with a LEVEL 16 Killing Spree active, my character has 120.5% movement speed and 134.2% attack speed on basic attack. Every number is the MS and AS after a basic attack hit an enemy:
Movement Speed: 120.5 - 123 - 125.3 - 127.3 - 129.1 - 130.8 - 132.2 - 133.5 - 134.8 - 135.8 - 136.8 and so on
Attack Speed: 134.2 - 136.7 - 138.9 - 140.9 - 142.7 - 144.4 - 145.9 - 147.2 - 148.4 - 149.5 - 150 (MAX)

As you can see, both MS and AS increase by the same amount on every hit, meaning it is a % increase from the base of 100%.

So 2 things:
1) Even with just a level 18 Killing Spree, within seconds, you should be able to max out your Attack Speed, Movement Speed and greatly boost your attack rating if you take these 2 EXTREMELY poweful mods.

2) The reason I am posting it here: The tooltips should be changed to state that they increase those stats per HIT and not per kill.

EDIT:

The gold mod also increases Casting Speed. The execution speed of Skeletal Fortification goes up too. So it is basically a global speed buff to everything.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1
On 3/20/2022 at 12:17 AM, Flix said:

Will you publish it?

I don't see why not. Unless the Internet gets poof that is, er, ahem. I may also find a way to fix that pesky Milti-Hit targeting matter by the time.

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I may also find a way to fix that pesky Milti-Hit targeting matter by the time.

Oh yeah, the Multi-Hit... where you have to stand in a certain position, be rotated a certain way, sacrifice at least 3 goats before every cast and pray to Cthulhu for it to sometimes hit enemies :cstars:

You can get a feel for it (where to stand and which enemy to target) by playing a lot to increase your chances, but still, happens very often that you just spin and nothing happens. Seeing it fixed would be very nice.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Haha 1

On top of his normal drops, Octagolamus always seems to drop a bunch of grey items that cannot be picked up, don't have a character class assigned and have no stats other than base armor. They also seem exempt from the usual item despawn timers. I have my items set to disappear 600 seconds after dropping, but the timers on these are always 1000 seconds.

Did this always happen or is it something weird that should not happen?

4 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

On top of his normal drops, Octagolamus always seems to drop a bunch of grey items that cannot be picked up, don't have a character class assigned and have no stats other than base armor. They also seem exempt from the usual item despawn timers. I have my items set to disappear 600 seconds after dropping, but the timers on these are always 1000 seconds.

Did this always happen or is it something weird that should not happen?

Those are the devs solution for body parts certain bosses drop on getting wounded to showcase the damage done. Pretty cool actually if you ask me:cool:

On 3/18/2022 at 10:47 PM, Lindor said:
On 3/18/2022 at 10:11 PM, Flix said:

Facetelleon

He could really use some better FX and attack animations imho. Also always found it wierd that, like octagolamus, his bodyparts dropped are targetable but uncollectible items, but I guess not making them targetable, not showing item icons when hovering over them and removing the sound triggering by them from the collect all event requires codesided modifications sadly.

It also results in those bosses changing behaviour on CA usage during fight, e.g. Octagolamus using his life steal more often when getting wounded and therefore having less and less CAs for dropping body parts available. Well, it's more of a reasonable speculation by me and not knowledge that this is the cause of the AI behaviour change, tbh.

The only annoyance is that the body parts being displayed as items neve got fixed, they probably ran out of time and money sadly.

Edited by Lindor
  • Like! 1
1 hour ago, Lindor said:

Those are the devs solution for body parts certain bosses drop on getting wounded to showcase the damage done. Pretty cool actually if you ask me:cool:

Oh, so he has equipped dummy items that he drops when losing a tentacle, which makes him change appearance? That is indeed clever. Thanks for explaining.

Bug Report:

Also, just started playing a Temple Guardian and it seems that the Battle Extension animation is not working properly. It seems to instantly end after the initial strike where the TG strikes upwards with both hands (counts as 2 hits) and then hits once with the left hand and it ends. So only like 2 or 3 actual hits. Nothing else happens after that. From watching the animation on the wiki vid, seems like it's cut in half or something.

EDIT:

The reason seems to be that the BE animations have much shorter timings than they originally had. This is 1-handed animation entry for Battle Extension:

Vanilla:

Spoiler

["entry250"] = 
        {
            ["name"] = "ANIM_TYPE_SM01_1H",
            ["marker"] = 
            {
                ["ANIMSTART"] = 0.0000,
                ["ATTACK"] = 1.7600,
                ["ATTACK1"] = 2.2400,
                ["ATTACK2"] = 3.1200,
                ["ANIMEND"] = 4.6000,
            },
        },

PFP:

Spoiler

["entry250"] = 
        {
            ["name"] = "ANIM_TYPE_SM01_1H",
            ["marker"] = 
            {
                ["ANIMSTART"] = 0.0000,
                ["SHOUT"] = 0.6000,
                ["ATTACK"] = 0.6400,
                ["ATTACK1"] = 0.7600,
                ["ATTACK2"] = 1.2800,
                ["ANIMEND"] = 2.0000,
            },
        },

Restoring the original timings makes BE look as it should. All three weapon types (1H, BH, DO) have greatly shortened animation times in the PFP which causes the cut mid-animation.

Seems like remains of some kind of rebalancing effort from a different mod.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, idbeholdME said:

Also, just started playing a Temple Guardian and it seems that the Battle Extension animation is not working properly.

Will fix in next release.

• Like! 1

And one more TG related thing.

My inventory seems to be mostly filling up with items that the TG can't use. Two handed staves, bows, polerams, shields, armor for other classes, you name it. Could there be a problem with the isUsable flag for the Temple Guardian?

The isUsableByHero = 700 seems to be working without issues for my Shadow Warrior, where majority of the items can be used by him. But the same can't be said for the robodog...

Also, Alchemy modifiers can spawn on TG gear:

alchemy.jpg.aad4ab9fe115de4131520850d56cafbf.jpg

As in the vanilla, every character did not have access to one of the general skills, it would probably be worth checking whether the related affixes are blocked from spawning on gear for those classes as it currently seems it's not. So:

• Alchemy skill bonuses and item affixes tied to Alchemy on Temple Guardian gear.
  • Enhanced Perception skill bonuses and item affixes tied to Enhanced Perception on Inquistor gear.
  • Blacksmith skill bonuses on Seraphim, Dragon Mage, High Elf and Dryad gear.
  • Bargaining skill bonuses on Shadow Warrior gear.

This also ties into my previous post, where I reported that Shadow Warrior specific bonuses can spawn on Energy Pistols (which the Shadow Warrior can't use in vanilla).

pistol.jpg.f896d87f12e6130170bfa5bb6264a36e.jpg

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1
53 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

it would probably be worth checking whether the related affixes are blocked from spawning on gear for those classes

Controlled by the "usagebits" parameter on every bonus entry. Some are known to be faulty when a single blueprint contains items for multiple characters.  For example the Epic Cincture might be a single blueprint ("hero_belt_padded_magic" for example) that contains itemtypes for all 7 classes. I will review them. Specific examples like the screenshots above will expedite the process.