Ikariam Game

@ Indy - no problem

@ all - wondering what price people think is fair to charge at the trading post. I've been charging 10 but things sell fast. Thinking about going up to 12-15. Wondering what anyone thinks is a good price point?

(By the way, I got a perverse thrill by buying crystal from my next-door neighbor at 6 and reselling at 10.)

Edit: The player who just bought 200 from me at a price of 10.... just put them back on sale at a price of 20!

I'm starting to think 15-18. Comments?

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ all - wondering what price people think is fair to charge at the trading post. I've been charging 10 but things sell fast. Thinking about going up to 12-15. Wondering what anyone thinks is a good price point?

(By the way, I got a perverse thrill by buying crystal from my next-door neighbor at 6 and reselling at 10.)

Edit: The player who just bought 200 from me at a price of 10.... just put them back on sale at a price of 20!

I'm starting to think 15-18. Comments?

Whatever the market will bear, probably somewhere between 15-20.

BEEN SELLING MY WINE AT 18 ... A GUY HAS SOME FOR SALE ON MY ISLAND FOR 75 EACH :drinks:

*edit*

sorry for the caps at work and only have a sec to type

Edited by Wankers

Hah! The guy who bought from me and posted at 20 has now dropped priced to 19. I'll try to keep tabs on him and see how far it falls.

And looking at the game board, appears that wonders are slightly bugged so they suggest not donating to them til a fix comes out. Post from someone official confirming bug was just a week ago.

woot just built my tavern and the population growth increase was very good. am currently upgrading it to level 2 then my trading port will follow. am running a bit low on marble and crystal but I currently have 400 wine

My empire:

Town hall 6+ 6

Academy 7 6

Barracks 4 4

Trading port 2 1

Shipyard 3 -

Warehouse 4 6

Town wall 2 1

Tavern 2 2

Museum - - (researching cultural goods)

Palace 1 -

Embassy 3 1

Trading post 3 3

Workshop 1 1

Hideout 1 1

Highest Researches:

Seafaring - Foreign Cultures

Economic - Culinary Specialities

Scientific - Ink (researching Cultural Goods, so I can build museums & take some of the load off my Taverns)

Military - Professional Army

Well, I sold a ton of crystal overnight and have my 2/3 of the gold I need for a colony. Assuming my neighbors play anytime today and buy some more crystal, I'll be able to send my boats out this evening.

Hey Indy, which type of island did you choose for your colony? Oh, and it's coordinates? So Llama can update the list and we can keep track of who has what and where.

Cyclops - I'll send you a boat of crystal.

100 Stone on it's way Cycs.

Edit: BTW, when you can, build a lvl1 Embassy on each of your islands, every lvl1 Embassy gives you 3 Diplomatic Points (not just the first one you build, as I assumed), so as I've got a lvl3 & a lvl1 Embassy, I've got 8 Diplomatic Points.

Well, I sold a ton of crystal overnight and have my 2/3 of the gold I need for a colony. Assuming my neighbors play anytime today and buy some more crystal, I'll be able to send my boats out this evening.

Hey Indy, which type of island did you choose for your colony? Oh, and it's coordinates? So Llama can update the list and we can keep track of who has what and where.

Cyclops - I'll send you a boat of crystal.

@masteff whats the trading rate for wine and crystal?

100 Stone on it's way Cycs.

Edit: BTW, when you can, build a lvl1 Embassy on each of your islands, every lvl1 Embassy gives you 3 Diplomatic Points (not just the first one you build, as I assumed), so as I've got a lvl3 & a lvl1 Embassy, I've got 8 Diplomatic Points.

ill build another embassy then on my new colony .. didnt know that

@everyone - the dalepolis person hasn't been attacking anymore so I am building my defenses slower now and am concentrating on getting a third colony now

Cyclops - just dropped you a note in game - I'm close to having a colony so hold off sending me anything as I'll need wine there. We've been trading 1 for 1 but dont run yourself out of wine. Wine gets used slower than other goods, so can always get more later.

ill build another embassy then on my new colony .. didnt know that

Don't forget to build an Academy as well.

Edit: I should be able to upgrade my palace tomorrow morning, then I'll need to wait another ~9 hours before I can start another colony. Not sure if I should go for Wine or Sulphur, given my distance from you guys, I'm inclined to go for Wine.

Well I've built my first colony (marble) and expanded it quite nicely. As for embassies I should be able to build them by tomorrow. :)

Also: err, why do I get the option to build a palace on colonies?

@Llama don't worry I almost have a level 4 academy in onion rings

@indy not sure why you can build another palace?!?!

@masteff did my second embassy help out our diplomat points or not .... it still says I only have 3

Also: err, why do I get the option to build a palace on colonies?

Incase you want to move your capital (I think), as there are some techs that only apply to your capital (Well Digging being one of them).

Wankers - Llama wasn't able to figure out a way to transfer diplomat point from himself to the alliance. In my embassy, I have left-hand menu option to "transfer diplomacy points" which lets me give my points to the alliance. If you can play w/ your embassy and figure out how to transfer points, let us know. Otherwise, looks like I'll have to put extra effort into embassies if we plan to grow the alliance any further than just us on this board.

Oh... but diplomat points will be useful to you guys individual when it comes time for treaties w/ other players. Trade and military treaties take points. Which makes me think... maybe that's how to coordinate shifiting of goods between us... set up trade treaties between us:)

an interesting point about trade treaties and I haven't found anything about transferring diplomacy points yet ..... my thinking was possibly getting my embassy to level 3 b/c it might not be an option until it gets to that level?

*edit*

also I need some marble if anyone has any extra :)

Edited by Wankers
my thinking was possibly getting my embassy to level 3 b/c it might not be an option until it gets to that level?

Nope.

*edit*

also I need some marble if anyone has any extra :)

Sure, some on it's way.

my thinking was possibly getting my embassy to level 3 b/c it might not be an option until it gets to that level?

Nope.

*edit*

also I need some marble if anyone has any extra :(

Sure, some on it's way.

drat and yay thanks .. do you need any wine ... its da goood stuffffffffff .... been letting it cure a lil longer lately :)

I figured out that display of gold doesn't update regularly, but if you change worker allocation then it does. So I spent the last half hour changing one worker up and down so I'd know the instant I hit 12,000. YEAH!

My colony fleet is on its way. I decided to try out the next chain of islands over from me (try to make new friends, etc).

It will be called either Michaeldelphia or Mikedelphia (can't decide which I like better) at coords XX:XX

EDIT: well, perhaps it was because I had zero gold after launching my colony.... but I saw my neighbor was selling at 6 again and sent him a message. Long story short, taught him how to look up what prices people are asking/offering at the trading post. One less neighbor to worry about going hostile on me anytime soon. Just worry I'll have to bail him out later.

7hours till I've got enough wood to upgrade my Palace & I realised that I don't have enough ships to transfer all the wood/stone from my stone colony to my capital. So I've had to buy another 2 ships to be able to transfer most of the res across (doing that now) & will transfer the rest of the wood in ~7 hours.

I just wish someone would sell some damn wood near me!

Finally finished my palace!! I have stopped all research and wine cultivation for now to save the required gold and wood in approximately 16 hours. Am thinking to colonize a marble island with either Temple of Hermes or Temple of Gaia. Which do you guys think is better? extra marble or faster trade ships? am leaning towards the latter but I want your opinions.

Finally finished my palace!! I have stopped all research and wine cultivation for now to save the required gold and wood in approximately 16 hours. Am thinking to colonize a marble island with either Temple of Hermes or Temple of Gaia. Which do you guys think is better? extra marble or faster trade ships? am leaning towards the latter but I want your opinions.

Extra marble, "faster" is relative, they're still damn slow.