Ikariam Game

EDIT 2: I found some sulphur near me to buy. I'm close to having enough wood for a palace upgrade. I'll need to rebuild my gold stock after all this combat and buying supplies.

:)

Sorry about the attack going pear-shapped.

I've got a fair bit of gold & could buy some stuff (ideally ~500-1000 wood) from you for well over the odds (say, 20 per unit?) & transfer some gold to you that way. The distance would make it slow, but it's possible.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys since Imperia is no longer a sponsored game why don't we make Ikariam it's replacement. I know it' still a bit early but seeing as all of our members are fellowship members it might be a good idea to do it.

1) I need to focus a while on real life things. Might put my account on vacation mode for a few days. So... I've transferred the Leader position to Llama. A neighbor of Cyclops has applied to the alliance, so you guys need to decide if going to accept people outside of Darkmatters posters. I gave Llama the details. I don't know how you've handled the other games that Dark posters have teamed up on.

2) Wow, if I divert my townpeople to all making gold, it adds up super-fast. I'm better now as long as I don't have to go to war again soon. I also have some experience now using spies, so I'll write up a post on them later. Llama - not sure that even w/ a trade treaty we could trade that far away. I've figured out the distances are island sized grids on the board and it counts in steps x+y (so 2 down and 2 right = 4 distance). Better use of your gold is either to buy things trading cheaply near you (I got 600 sulphur for 10 last night :) ) or buying defense upgrades for your soldiers (after my little war, I see the real value of those).

Sure, we can always ask Gogo, et al.

Which brings up a further question. We've had an application from a non-Dark member, are we going to concider their application, or do we want to be a "closed"/Dark-only alliance?

About accepting members not related to Dark:

I don't see why we should limit ourselves, however as with any other game I'm against accepting someone who we don't even know (unless he is a close friend of one of the members). As such I say we should ask him to pay a visit to this thread (sigh, we really need a board >_<) and maybe tell us a bit about himself in order for us to get to know him.

Also I should start upgrading my palace to level 2 in a couple of hours and tomorrow I'll be able to start another colony. :)

What do I have to do to apply for a alliance? And if I need a tech what tech?

I think you need the Foreign Cultures tech & could you tell us a bit about yourself?

Spies 101

Okay, I've been playing w/ spies. First I sent one to Wankers town (after sending a warning to him) because if the spy got caught, then it wouldn't get me attacked in return. :) And when I got attacked by my neighbor last night, I decided to use a spy against him. Here's a little of what I've learned.

The game explains a little. That there's a lower risk of being caught when spying on a larger town (more people to hide among). And if you use your spy too much or too quickly then there's a higher risk.

Spies are much faster than troops. It took my spy about 5 minutes to travel where it took my soldiers 20 minutes.

When your spy arrives, you can do two things...

One, where it shows the name of the town you're spying, you can click it and see the town view of your enemy!! And if you mouse over his buildings, the tool tip shows the building's level. You can know how strong his wall and warehouse are! This is important in knowing how successful a raid will be.

Two, you send a spy on a mission. Here's a pic of part of the mission screen. It tells the risk of your spy getting caught while doing that action. The longer you wait between actions, the lower the risk of being caught (the % falls slowly as time passes). The warehouse one is good because you know how much loot you might get in a raid (but be sure to look at what his warehouse level is because of the unlootable portion).

Warning: after an action, the risk of being caught goes up (and then slowly falls again). The risk after the action goes higher for each additional action. I'm not sure if waiting days between actions (instead of minutes or hours) would keep the risk from jumping so much each time.

Tip: only do a couple of actions before withdrawing your spy. You might get a mission report but the spy might be lost because of the increasing risk of being caught after each additional action. (I'm assuming that if you withdraw a spy and then send him back later, then the risk ladder resets.)

Woohoo, welcome to the party. A welcome basket is on the way.

Good news for anyone wanting to join us in Gamma... just try again every several days... they seem to reopen the different worlds. Guess it's a bit of crowd control.

For those unable to set up a colony on Gamma because it said it was full, keep trying :) Took a look at their purging of inactive accounts and it's fairly aggressive. I tried about 5 hours after 1st attempt and got in.

Big thank you to masteff for the care package. I hope to be quarrying Marble at some point today.

hey guys ... sorry about not keeping up to0 date with yall ... had some major stuff go down this weekend .... I just started building my second colony on a marble island ... does any1 need sulfer:)

*edit*

my new colony is at XX:XX named Tater Tots

Edited by myles

This evening I will be launching a wood colony.

What? A wood colony? Yep.

My crystal island has a highly developed saw mill (115/hour). I'm going to put a colony on that same island and have very little else there.... level 5 town hall, level 7 academy, either a tavern or a museum, warehouse and trading port. That's all. Put the max workers into the saw mill. I'll trade wood daily w/ each of you for goods, maybe 2:1 or 3:1 (wood to trade goods). I'll keep the goods I need and sell the rest. The first load or two will pay for the new boats I'll need.

Note: don't transfer your capital to a colony w/out good reason... it demolishes the palace at the first one. I've been testing something and learned the hard way.

This evening I will be launching a wood colony.

What? A wood colony? Yep.

My crystal island has a highly developed saw mill (115/hour). I'm going to put a colony on that same island and have very little else there.... level 5 town hall, level 7 academy, either a tavern or a museum, warehouse and trading port. That's all. Put the max workers into the saw mill. I'll trade wood daily w/ each of you for goods, maybe 2:1 or 3:1 (wood to trade goods). I'll keep the goods I need and sell the rest. The first load or two will pay for the new boats I'll need.

Note: don't transfer your capital to a colony w/out good reason... it demolishes the palace at the first one. I've been testing something and learned the hard way.

I don't know if this would be better or not but my main island that has wood and wine has a level 8 lumber mill = 134 workers an hour with halfway to level 9 donated to it already ...... it would be a longer transit time to your cities but it would produce more wood per hour .... up to you just letting you know :lol:

*edit*

the vineyard is a level 6 that produces 55 per hour with a quarter donated towards level 7

Edited by Wankers
I don't know if this would be better or not but my main island that has wood and wine has a level 8 lumber mill = 134 workers an hour with halfway to level 9 donated to it already ...... it would be a longer transit time to your cities but it would produce more wood per hour .... up to you just letting you know :lol:

*edit*

the vineyard is a level 6 that produces 55 per hour with a quarter donated towards level 7

I'll remember that when I start my 4th town. Part of my intended strategy for 3rd town is that it's next to my main town, so can take advantage of it's resources/soldiers/trading post. Can balance my goods easily between them.

I'll remember that when I start my 4th town. Part of my intended strategy for 3rd town is that it's next to my main town, so can take advantage of it's resources/soldiers/trading post. Can balance my goods easily between them.

Thats what I was thinking .... but if you or any1 decides to put a colony on my island I have everything for it now except crystal ... my marble is going to be a lil slow until next week but by then it should be good

Ehehe.

Loot

* Gold: 7

* Building material: 725

* Wine: 174

Loot

* Gold: 143

* Building material: 144

* Wine: 34

* Crystal glass: 21

And now a moment of silence for the two brave soldiers that died for the glory of our empire.

Remaining troops (-Losses)

Swordsman 10(-2) 10(-2)

I'm already making new friends. :lol:

Gilgames Message Uruk [19:35] 03.03. 21:37

why you atacking me

if you stop atacking I will give you 1000 gold

:lol:

hehe @indy :lol::):) .... also as a side note I've made a new friend (not someone who I am attacking :lol: ) who made a colony on my main island who is going to be trading marble for crystal at a rate of 1 to 1 who is named vimy and his main city is at 20:64 named vimy ridge ..... if our alliance leader wants to contact him about joining it would give us a pretty good control over my area of the map ;-))

@llama:

1. you select the town where you have the troops in the dropdown menu

2. you switch to world view

3. you find the island where you want to send the troops and double click on it

4. you select the colony in island view

5. you click deploy troops.

Opps, Indy beat me to the answer.

Edit:

Congrats on the victory Indy. So did you take the offer and have you figured out how to accept gold tributes like that? The FAQ or somewhere suggests it's possible but I have no idea how it would be done.

Opps, Indy beat me to the answer.

Edit:

Congrats on the victory Indy. So did you take the offer and have you figured out how to accept gold tributes like that? The FAQ or somewhere suggests it's possible but I have no idea how it would be done.

You can? I have no idea. =/

But why should I accept it? this is so much better than 1000 gold. :lol:

Loot

* Gold: 7

* Building material: 918

* Wine: 240

Loot

* Gold: 144

* Building material: 145

* Wine: 33

* Crystal glass: 21

No soldiers died this time. Also I need more ships to carry me plunder. >_<