Ikariam Game

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Indy: That's exactly what I'm wondering, if they just stop working and become citizen its no biggy for starting town or trade town which has no troops. Resources are better than gold. :)

Edit: See in Imperia you can't build things when negative, what do I care when I'm sleeping? so I push all my workers into mines when I'm out. I just sell resources when I get back.

I just wonder if similar trick can be worked out here.

Mmmm... dessert.... best meal of the day.

That rings a bell. Your soldiers and scientists quit. So you'd be defenseless but money would go back up. I'll play w/ it in Eta to see if they all quit at once or just a couple at a time until you reach equilibrium.

Oh, just took a look at my Eta town... got raided. Had no port so the raider only got 53 wood and 7 sulphur. :)

Got a couple questions. been juggling the quarry, saw mill and research for awhile. Biggest problem is I gain only 2 new citizens per hour.

How can I increase the number of new citizens quicker?

How would you prioritize between wood, marble and research?

Do the Town Hall and Academy give more benefits than either increasing population limit/number of researchers?

Are new colonies a drain on the main colony or are they self sufficient?

Sure I will have more questions as I progress :)

Got a couple questions. been juggling the quarry, saw mill and research for awhile. Biggest problem is I gain only 2 new citizens per hour.

How can I increase the number of new citizens quicker?

How would you prioritize between wood, marble and research?

Do the Town Hall and Academy give more benefits than either increasing population limit/number of researchers?

Are new colonies a drain on the main colony or are they self sufficient?

Sure I will have more questions as I progress :)

to increase citizen growth you need increase happines - tavern or museum, later there is some resarch, just dont remember how its called

bigger town hall allows you to have more citizens, bigger academy allows you have more researchers

new colonies mining their ressourses by themselfs - you can transport stuff from colony to colony when you need something. just gold is for all colonies in one piece so you can buy stuff in any place if something

Early on my gold-per-hour would frequently go negative, but pop growth would bring it positive again (before I had time to go through my goldstash).

As for prioritising workers (wood/crystal/research), go for all of them!

:(

hey is somethng wrong with Ikariam because I havn't been able to access the high score tab nor see the member list in the embassy since this morning.

hey is somethng wrong with Ikariam because I havn't been able to access the high score tab nor see the member list in the embassy since this morning.

Yeah it's broken, don't know when it's going to be fixed.

Kinda annoying as I can't see the generals points of others. =/

Yeah it's broken, don't know when it's going to be fixed.

Kinda annoying as I can't see the generals points of others. =/

same thing here as I wanted to check the generals points of my neighbors too :(

Yeah I think there probably doing another update.

Yeah I found the alliance page but how do I apply? could you maybe post a screen shot? in the forum or email me one at berksmb@gmail.com?

Edit by Myles: Merged the double posts. Just edit your post instead in the future.

berkley - have to research foreign relations and build an embassy before you can join the ingame alliance.

@ all - okay, here's the scoop on negative gold... don't ever let your total gold drop below zero. You can let your hourly income rate go negative and let total gold get close to zero. But when they say your soldiers quit... they really quit. They don't come back. Your scientist just go back to being citizens... not sure exactly how it works... they may slowly quit until your gold gets back over zero so a few may still be working when you return.

same thing here as I wanted to check the generals points of my neighbors too :(

I was able to edit the url to remove the last part of it (seems like the part after the "&") and then I could look up generals points.

Well, I've been pillaging inactives. But now I feel a bit odd... A player on a wine island just turned inactive yesterday... I hit him three times last night because I was getting some good gold out of it. Then this morning, when I was going to hit him again... he's returned, not inactive anymore. So now I feel like I was kicking him while he was down or something.

On one hand is the whole be nice to others... on the other hand, it's part of the basic gameplay. Guess it's different from other real-time strategy games because it's people instead of just the computer. I know I was mad as heck that someone raided me. And to think I did it three times to this guy.

I know I was mad as heck that someone raided me. And to think I did it three times to this guy.

You are doing him a favor, reminding him that he needs to take care of his account better. :(

Okay... don't feel nearly so bad now... I had looked up his "Generals" rating before the raid but not his gold stock. He has a high score of about 350 and Generals of zero. Guess how much gold this guy has:) 174,000 gold. I think he can afford a phalanx or two.

And you're right Myles. First time I got raided made me realize it was time to build troops and it was just a few hours before my main town got attacked, saving me even more than I'd already lost.

You shouldn't feel bad about attacking others, it's a war game! :4rofl:

If it brings me a profit then I will attack it. Also people who don't donate to mines get extra attention from me. :D Now to go and train 20 archers to replace some of my swords.

P.s.: the score board / alliance page seems to have been fixed.

Oh my! I just realized which town I'm going to occupy first. If that guy has a score of about 300, it means he hasn't made a colony yet (which he could use to counterattack from). So if he doesn't suddenly arm his town heavily, then the moment I get "Governor" researched, I'm going to invade and take him over (assuming he still has 174,000 gold by then).

Hmmm... I may be needing some sulphur in the near future. A squad of archers and a catapult or two should add to my army very nicely.

Oh after the package I'm suddenly looking at colonization way sooner. :D Tomorrow morning! :4rofl:

So is there a particular type of island we are lacking? If so I will get one of that.

If not, then which type would be ideal. Sulfur can probably wait, but crystal or marble first? Any advise?

If not, then which type would be ideal. Sulfur can probably wait, but crystal or marble first? Any advise?

I'd suggest marble 2nd. You use much more marble early on than crystal. Marble is what Wankers did. Between Llama and I, we can trade you enough crystal to keep your academies growing (or at some point you'll have enough res to start selling and buying thru your trading post).

Note: I forgot that occupation isn't fully implemented. Hope that guy's still got all that loose gold when they get it fixed.

occupation not functioning properly .... RATS!

I'm only 3 days of research away ( well maybe a little bit less ) and I had the perfect target on my main island.. oh well I'll just keep harrassing him into inactivity me thinks... :4rofl:

I left FURY and I applied for the alliance.. if there is no message yet I will apply again ( I had to apply twice the first time )

Edited by DreDBanGeR

Then marble it shall be. I have ok neighbors, most of us are donating to the mines so they are leveling nicely.

*off scouting for a marble island* :D

Edit: Just catches the new posts. Good to have you here Dred. :4rofl:

and off course I accepted.. :4rofl: now I need marble to expand my museums tho .... or enough wood gold and marble to get me a 3rd colony...

I think the first option is cheaper atm ^^