Happy New Year and a Glorious Wintertyde from DarkMatters!

Its up, its here!

Schot was again able to tinker and get the fabulous Christmas Skin going again.  If you've got a Christamas Avatar, nows the time to show it off. A heart felt hug to all of our family and friends here who for the last almost twenty years have kept blessing our home with much-sought answers, difficult sacred builds and stellar mod building, while offering the kindest help for Sacred's global community.

This along side delicious food recipes that star across all of Ancaria's sometimes hard to get to and often highly-guarded restos has made this little website Ancarias hottest tourist attraction.

Happy Christmas to you and all your families

From the heart

:christmastree:

gogo

Activating Christmas mode.  Traaaaansform!    Almost 20...  Wow!  :lol:

Happy baking gang!  Looking forward to some tasty treats this season like that yummy lookin apple Chattius has up there.  :drool:

Decembre 5th evening_ Depending on place kids place their boots in front of the house door or use plates on the desk if they live in a place without them. Morning decembre the 6th  there will ne small presents.

The kids song for decembre 5th while waiting for Nikolaus: Lasst uns froh und munter sein

We replace plates by boots when singing.

dscn8576.jpg

• Appreciation 1

Thats awesome!! Christmas boots! I remember reading in my childhood about this tradition...  And we JUST got all our christmas shopping done... IN ONE SHOP IN LESS THAN TWO HOURS...wooooooooo... there was a lot of family grumbles this year, finances are pressing on people, and we all agreed that we are all there for hugs and memories...presents be danged! soooo... we put a christmas limit of 25.00 per .. and found that this made us have even more fun yesterday when shopping...  made us more creative, and imaginative...and we visited a store that i NEVER thought Id walk into... SHAME gogo!  and...Alloooo Giant Tiger... BEST DISCOUNT STORE EVER... woooooo

we got capes for all the women, pant, shirt set for the nephew, beautiful nordic sweater , puffy woolly soft as ever pullover, slip on christmas booties... were gonna spend today getting this stuff wrapped up and with all the time we just saved, I think we may get even more stuff cuz... all of a sudden christmas got fun!

IMG_8940.jpgIMG_8942.jpgIMG_8939.jpgIMG_8938.jpgIMG_8944.jpg

:hugs:

gogo

ps anyone got any ideas for christmas games they play with family ? theres gonna be a lot of us this year and were up in the country... any ideas for a group of us would be good..i think were gonna go karoake this year!

:dance:

gogo

Mooooorning Amigos! Anyone got company christmas parties they got to get to? We just finished night before last with the Rogers Christmas party here in MOntreal.  They rented out the beer garten in the Place Ville Marie Tower, not all our team were too big but 300 people ( yah still big right :blink: ) ... beautiful space, with glass ceilings... you can see the surrounding towers all lit up... a great view to meet up with friends I havent seen in a looong time since Covid... those first few seconds of connection are irreplaceable and priceless.  Heres some snaps... yah im the guy in red with the llama christmas sweater and the *action-tongue*  ... my sweater was very popular that night :lol: 

IMG_9080.jpgIMG_9106.jpgIMG_9095.jpgIMG_9101.jpgIMG_9096.jpg

I love to dance...and dancers get more booze tickets... 

woooooooooooooo....!!
:

::cow:

7 hours ago, TornadoX1 said:

A long year is gone and I hope you are all healhty.

Happy x-mas to all:christmastree:

PS: It will be always a pleasure to come back HOME

Bam... you said it Tornado!!! Always room here for the gang, no matter how old we or this game here... Thanks for the wishes and a Happy Christmas to you and all your family!!

gogo

2 hours ago, Dax said:

Merry Christmas, guys! Whish you the best, where ever you are! Be well!

Happy Christmas Dax!! Greetz and sweetz to you and your family for the glorious year coming up... ! 

:hugs::cow: :hugs: 

gogo

And some last minute christmas shopping yesterday... and were feeling the gen gap... pretty store...but...wth is it selling? :4rofl: 

IMG_9214.MOV.jpgIMG_9216.jpg

they had a number of highly detailed *meme walls* that kids were doing the correct type of action along while getting snapped so show off on instagram., thats Schot trying out one of them .. what ever happened to Chess :lol:

IMG_9218.jpg

My daughter and I just finished watching The Polar Express on DVD. It's a yearly tradition. The first year it was released, we all went together. My parents treated us... her, me, and my wife. We have loved the movie and it has been a family tradition ever since that day. :wub:

:ded_snegurochka:

:christmastree: Merry Christmas, every one!

• Appreciation 1
  • The title was changed to Happy New Year and a Glorious Wintertyde from DarkMatters!
On 12/26/2023 at 9:37 AM, Delta! said:

I forgot to take pictures of the food yesterday. but my boyfriend set and decorated the table. Some freshly picked pennygum leaves from the garden, Christmas baubles and corks from wine bottles that we have opened over time.

His Parents are visiting us from 17 December - 27 December (so flying back tomorrow) and I invited a friend and her mom to join us, did not want them to be alone on Christmas day and she Joined us last year as well when her mom was in Belgium visiting her sister.

only 6pax this year, so I kept the menu smaller.

Only Main Course and Dessert

Mains:

Ox Tongue, Sweet Soya, & Peanut Butter Glaze, Spiced Gammon, Reduction Sauce, Roasted Chicken Thighs

Oven Roasted Mixed Vegetables, Biltong Dusted Sweetcorn, Fresh Parsley & Thyme Potatoes,

Dessert:

Malva Pudding, Spiced Creme Anglaise.

1831476071_WhatsAppImage2023-12-26at16_23.48_c0593f8e.thumb.jpg.d14b4a30fe57b525eb957d7482845388.jpg

My Cat, Lord Piper Purrington in the background

724066376_WhatsAppImage2023-12-26at16_23.48_c27b3572.thumb.jpg.34e60487955ef1996851a25451ff55da.jpg

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas day!

I lurve the menu, clean and adventurous... is Gamon a kind of bacon or ham? and I adore the table setting! I was captivated by *setting our table* over and over at home when i was a kid, just the way you cold design on a table by placing items and delicious food that you created in the kitchen is thrilling.

Wishing you, your bf, your lovely invitees and your very dear family the best of Christmas Wishes... and hoowah... its here... Happy New almost, my old friend... break out the champers!

:)

gogo

• Appreciation 1
On 12/25/2023 at 7:16 AM, chattius said:

Merry Christmas

A bit busy, dispatcher duty.

I know having to work on the holidays is always such a chore, but at the end of it, getting it under your belt and then getting on home as quickly asap to the family is kind of like it makes it worth it ?  :gogo:  I worked years in restos when a kid and i remember it being always like that ... just *knowing * id have to at least to half a day, but the rest, and feeling good after having made some moolah during an always cash-strapped season some how gave a christmas glow to the day!

Happy Christmas MIke! 

gogo

On 12/25/2023 at 12:25 AM, Hooyaah said:

My daughter and I just finished watching The Polar Express on DVD. It's a yearly tradition. The first year it was released, we all went together. My parents treated us... her, me, and my wife. We have loved the movie and it has been a family tradition ever since that day. :wub:

:ded_snegurochka:

:christmastree: Merry Christmas, every one!

Ah haaaaa... polar express!  I have constantly missed this movie, and ...dang I could have gotten it under our belt this year, but the little guy (13 yrs old) vetoed our ideas and...just kept coming back to Home Alone!
:lol:

next year were gonna give him a nice hand -written letter/certificate...

*you sir have joined the family democracy...u get a vote, but ONE for for and ONE vote against!

rawr!!

:viking:

gogo

Have to do a drive to Frankfurt airport to pickup some people for the new year party. Hope no delays so I will be back 9pm and can still help with preparing. Won't lock in for a day, so happy new year to all who already have it and to all who still have to wait.

Don#t know which traditions you have, we do a 1500 person tent on top of the hill between 5 villages, drive our firefighter trucks to the place and do a big party with friends and family, Short after new year we sing beethoven's 9th (ode to joy). But not as in opera , more focus on the word joy.

• Appreciation 1
14 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Ah haaaaa... polar express!  I have constantly missed this movie, and ...dang I could have gotten it under our belt this year, but the little guy (13 yrs old) vetoed our ideas and...just kept coming back to Home Alone!
:lol:

next year were gonna give him a nice hand -written letter/certificate...

*you sir have joined the family democracy...u get a vote, but ONE for for and ONE vote against!

rawr!!

:viking:

gogo

That sounds very democratic, Rommel, my friend. Perhaps, at the ripe old age of 14, he will be sufficiently privileged to stay up late enough to watch both movies. :agreed:

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, chattius said:

Have to do a drive to Frankfurt airport to pickup some people for the new year party. Hope no delays so I will be back 9pm and can still help with preparing. Won't lock in for a day, so happy new year to all who already have it and to all who still have to wait.

Don#t know which traditions you have, we do a 1500 person tent on top of the hill between 5 villages, drive our firefighter trucks to the place and do a big party with friends and family, Short after new year we sing beethoven's 9th (ode to joy). But not as in opera , more focus on the word joy.

Happy New year Chattius!! best of the best to you and your beloveds!

gogo

12 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

That sounds very democratic, Rommel, my friend. Perhaps, at the ripe old age of 14, he will be sufficiently privileged to stay up late enough to watch both movies. :agreed:

A glorious Happy New year mah fwend steve... its Champagne breafkasts and steak and bbq for you this morning with a double helping of friends!

gogo

• Appreciation 1
7 hours ago, TornadoX1 said:

Happy new year to all:almirena_01:

Happy New Year Tornado X1...just wouldnt be a holiday with our world adventurer coming to share tidings and grant wishes

errr...yer here to grant wishes right? and this year...inflation... lets say... 9? 

:4rofl:

gogo