How do you kill dragons

Hey I was wondering

what class do you like to play and what is your strategy when killing higher level monsters like Dragons

For myself:

I play Ranged/Combat wood elf.

My strategy is to cast a Unicorn to keep the dragon busy for several seconds.

While the unicorn is busy I keep casting Penetration arrow over and over again.

When the unicorn dies I go in a Hit and Run stategy where my life leech keeps me alive.

It depens on class, but Mortar granade or Cannon Blast when playing whit dwarf, Wall of flames or Hell Sphere when playing Daemon, Celestial light when playing seraphim, Call of Ancestors and thorn bush or Multiple shot whit PA when playing on Wood-elf, allmost any spell when playing on BM.. and tactics is allways the same. Cast and dodge fire/meteors.

Hardly ever fight against dragons whit melee fighters. It just takes too much time and it's just too boring to do.. it doesn't need any real tactics.. just stand still and keep beating and dodge fire breath and drink heath potion when on low hp

With a ranged toon, the trick is to work a circular pattern around the dragon. First make a wide circle around to kill any stray monsters (nothing worse when fighting D'Cay than a skele mage hitting you with stone feet in the middle of a dragon breath). Then make a circle just out of claw range around the dragon. Eventually you'll find the rhythm where the dragon breathes fire, you run around to its side and shoot arrows, it turns to breath again while you run to side again and shoot, repeat, repeat, repeat.

With a melee toon, it's all about big damage, like hard hit. A 4xHH combo is great (with concentration pots to reload quickly). My personal best against a dragon is a three hard hit kill. (Requires making a combo suit of armor that has lots of HH socketed so you can make a combo that's really high level.)

Edited by masteff
Very carefully .... ;-)

:P

4x PA combo is dragon killer. Know that you can case MS then the combo, the dragon won't be doing much moving afterward. Do watch out for the fire though.

It does create quite a bit of lag in MP, however (the reason y I don't play such a toon in HC).

My vamp(in vamp form) would rip through dragons in seconds without using any Combat Arts. Of course she was holding a Fad axe.

My glads would do it with stomping jump.

Beat them to death with my barefisted dwarf boxer! Takes a while, but works great with Assault/Entrench and the dragons don't stand a chance (unless they are helped by the Lag Monster).

I prefer to use Aarnum's Regalia full set sword. That's always fun for taking dragons down. The full set, sword and 3 rings socketed into it, can bind dragons to the ground which prevents them from moving and sometimes stops them from attacking as well. The binding effect has a duration so once the dragon has been affected it's important to attack right away. The duration of the bind "should" be long enough to kill a dragon. The full set bonus of bind has a % chance to work so you may have to click several times to get it to work. The way to make it work is to left click on the dragon. Naturally when you do this your character will run towards the dragon. A better way is to hold down the ctrl key so you don't run while left clicking on the dragon. You can do this at a safe distance and without being seen by the dragon.

I tend to do that when playing a BattleMage for kicks. Binding dragons just feels so evil, hehe. :oooo: Only catch seems to be that you have to keep the Aarnum's sword equiped during battle. Otherwise the bind effect will end. As a melee BattleMage this isn't a problem of course. There are also some Combat Arts that may negate the bind like Ring of Ice in my experience.

As Genenut said: Very carefully! :P

I love playing Daemons and Blazing Disc (Magic) Daemons are just ridiculously powerful in my opinion :oooo:

Have a combo of 4x Blazinc Discs... And cast all 4 or maybe even have 8 - 16 discs up at the same time (yellow pots are your friends).

Then cast Call Of Death and Infernal Power and circle the dragon to kill all random minions and to build up damage - then just head staright for the dragon and right before getting too close hit the breaks and run back - the discs will keep flying towards it...

..and it takes about 1 - 3 seconds to kill a dragon this way ^ ^;;

You have to be careful with the meteors though and the fire, so learning how to control your character and mastering dodging things while she's flying will be really useful - and rather fun :P

My way is the easiest....I get masteff to kill them :oooo:

Along time ago I stopped going after dragons. Used to be the #1 reason I started new toons

Edited by Knuckles
  • 4 weeks later...

My daemon uses blazing disc and hell sphere. My battlemage uses purgatory and fire spiral. My seraphim uses rotating blades of light and celestial light. My gladiator and dark elf use melee attacks. It's really easy for my casters, since they can cast and run away while their spells leech for them.

With the daemon Blazing Disk. With the De a filed of Poison Mist and then I invite the dragon to walk in it. It takes it around one second to die that way. :)