Hey people,

I wanted to ask a quistion about the Dwarf

I want to make a dwarf toon so I decided wich Combat Arts to get

That wil be Flametrower for the biggest part.

Now is my Question

- Is it beter to add point in Dex (more fire damage) or is it better to upgrade Dex with jewerly?

- And is Flametrower a reliable skill or is it better to have some mellee skills too ?

- Is Weapon Technology(Faster use and 3% less regen) better or is Dwarven Lore(5% less regen) beter ?

Ooh and another quistion just pops up...

If you look at the stats for Weapon Technology it says it adds Attack speed.

- So does that mean that a higher attack speed shortens casting times ?

Cause my thought would be

Low Regen for Flametrower and just keep flaming those Orcs out!

I hope some of you can help :)

Edit by Myles: Moved to General Discussion. Wiki subforums are for wiki related discussion.

Hey Sinister

Did you read through the dwarf guides here on site as well?

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showforum=252

The sum up on dwarf capabilities is pretty comprehensive, and I know that Csaszar did a fantastic build on a dwarf with OOmph, somewhere on site as well... But course, after all that you've got Masteff, Sil, and Schot to name just a few who've managed to wrangle some interesting powers out of them as well ^^

:o

gogo

I have a Platinum level Dwarf who has taken Flamethrower as well as other CAs. In my minor opinion, Dwarven Lore is a better skill choice then Weapon Tech but opinions on skills here always vary. Flamethrower gets plenty of damage just from CA and skill boosts, so it's really up to you on whether you want to boost Dexterity or not. I for one enjoyed Cannon Blast as a CA, and I even can Forge items for others that reach Gold or higher difficulties. As gogo stated, there should be some Dwarf guides around that you can use for reference.

- Is it beter to add point in Dex (more fire damage) or is it better to upgrade Dex with jewerly?

No, any boost from Dex is minor. My opinion is the points are better spent in Phys Regen. Oh, and jewelry (for wearing and for sockets) should focus on items with "+% fire damage". This directly boosts the fire damage of flamethrower. Several good rings can nearly double your damage. This gives a far bigger boost than dex would ever provide.

- And is Flametrower a reliable skill or is it better to have some mellee skills too ?

Flame is reliable; no enemy is immune to it. But it never hurts to have decent weapon on you. A few enemies cast webs on you that lock you in place and make it harder to get away. Also cerebropods have a power drain that can keep you from being able to use a CA for a period of time, so need a back up for those times. But melee will be 2nd to flamethrower. Flame rocks.

- Is Weapon Technology(Faster use and 3% less regen) better or is Dwarven Lore(5% less regen) beter ?

I take both and put 2 points in Dwarven Lore for every 1 point in Weapon Tech. By dropping the regen, I can use more runes and do more damage. Also see my next answer.

If you look at the stats for Weapon Technology it says it adds Attack speed.

- So does that mean that a higher attack speed shortens casting times ?

Right, the total time to execute Flamethrower from start to finish is faster (not just the time to start it, but also the speed at which the dwarf waves the flame back and forth is faster). So instead of taking 5 seconds to execute a single burn, it might only take 3-4 seconds. Since it executes faster, you need a faster regen to keep your regen below your execution time.

Other notes:

- Weapon lore increases FT damage so you'll want points in it.

- Concentration does nothing for FT regen, so don't take it unless you want to add in a melee CA.

- FT works with leech, so socket some good leech. This makes up for having to take a few extra hits while standing still.

- Socket plenty of rings with "+% fire damage". This gives a big boost to FT. It's worth 20-30 minutes of shopping at bravemart for these rings.

- A tip on fighting w/ FT.... run in small circles to get enemies in to a cluster, stand to one side of the group and hit them all at once with FT. If they don't all die, take a small step away to keep them all in the blast radius and flame again.

- Ghosts are very vulnerable to flame. Ghost cave is one of the best places to powerlevel an FT dwarf.

may I suggest you start using the Search option on this forum and on the SIF :) lots of questions you have will be answered, just know how to search... the search button is in the top right.

• 2 weeks later...

Minor thread hi-jack, but still on-topic:

I've read that in many instances the game considers all the Dwarf "technological" skills (the right side of the tree) "spells". (They are boosted by +all spells mods for example), but does this mean that +Fire Spell Damage would boost Flamethrower?

Actually the +spell damage only helps for seraphim, Battle Mage, Wood Elf, Daemon. So it doesnt help for dwarf.

I never tried to use +spell ammys, but I think it doesnt work for dwarf.

Interesting question. I've never actually looked that closely at the Dwarf CAs. You're absolutely right tomi. :)

I just went in the game and did a bit of testing. In one weapon slot I had:

• a shield with + to all Combat Arts and RSM

The other weapon slot had

• a sword with + to all Spells and Blacksmith spell damage +84%

The shield was able to increase CA levels for all of the left side CAs as well as the 3 bottom CAs from the right side. MG, CB and FT. The only affect the shield had on the 5 other CAs was that the RSM on the shield would reduce regeneration time for those CAs.

The sword had absolutely no effect on any of the Dwarf CAs. + to all Spells and + Spell damage will have no affect on the Dwarf.

In regards to Dwarven Steel, Dwarven Armor, Greed, Entrench and Landmine the only the way in which they were affected in this test was the reduction in regeneration from the RSM on the shield.

Cheers!

thnx for the warning.. glad I have CB as secondary any idea on what the damage cap is:) I'm hovering around 50-55k right now and I get the feeling it is allready slowing down .. and not killing all enemies anymore

thnx for the warning.. glad I have CB as secondary any idea on what the damage cap is:) I'm hovering around 50-55k right now and I get the feeling it is allready slowing down .. and not killing all enemies anymore

It's between 100k and 250k. It depands on the level of weapon lore. Bedder not skill weapon lore to high. The delevoper put the damage cap in the game after players reported a damage overflow (damage drops back to 0).

Edited by Thorium

my dwarf level 148 does 110-110k per hit and with a crit its easily over 200k with cannon blast. sometimes it takes 2 hits but if the cb is direct and only hits the one mob im aiming at , usually just one hit. but cb can also hit multiple mobs at the same time if they are close to each other and the damage for each hit is less than if it only hit one mob. This is what I've observed when playing my dwarf.

The damage cap for Dwarves is 93K per elemental damage type

Flame Thrower (Fire) 93k x 6 sec duration (at level 100) = 558k total per enemy

Cannon Blast (Phys) = 93k total (not including 'double' shots)

Mortar Grenade (phys/Fire) 93k + 93k = 186k total

Landmine (Phys/Fire) 93k + 93k = 186k per mine

No skills/Combat Arts/attributes will help with damage cap. Crit will increase damage and I believe WIDD might though I haven't checked it