Early weekend wake-ups

This has to take the cake...waking up at six thirty on a Sunday morning...sigh... my new work schedule has finally evened out and I've got nine to five weekdays...but waking up so early for weekdays is now taking a toll on my daily lazy regimen and I can now hear birds in the morning :4rofl: What to do! Thankfully there's a few of you guys here on the forum, lol...I never knew how many of us were earlybirds, and seeing a few names on the boards here reading threads made me feel like I wasn't so alone because of the cold dark outside ^^

Good thing is... I've never in my life ever woken up while a Mcdonalds was open...

Sausage eggmuckmuffin with cheese anyone?

:)

gogo

I feel your pain Gogo :4rofl:

Was up at 430am this morning. Wanted to sleep till at least 9am but once I woke up I was up for the day. Still better then when I worked rotating shifts. Would work 2 days, 2 evenings and 2 overnights in a 10 day period. Never did sleep right then.

heh, I got stuck on the forum during the wee hours, lol. I'm wondering how you fall asleep, Knuckles. Do you just get sleepy then hit the sack? I've been used to going to bed not later than three in the morning forever now... and to fool myself into thinking that I'm sleepy I sometimes do fake yawns.

:D

And waking up like an hour BEFORE you have to wake up is like the worst. It's like some evil sort of twillight. You feel robbed and just getting that feeling is enough to not have you fall asleep again

noooooooo

:)

gogo

deprimetriste294230fr.gifMy sad tale. As some of you know I semi-retired last year. Work only 2 days a week and live on a tropical islandInvision-Board-France-406.gif So I should be living the perfect live right? Sleep in, go to the beach etc. NOPE The two days a week I work I have to get up at 5:45am and the other 5 I get to really sleep in until 6:15 am urrrrghhh. I have to get up to drive the wife to work and by the time I get back home, check ogame, I'm not heading back to sleep . AAAAhhhh my poor said life *lol*

whenever I wake up early yonder mornin's, I try to make it a point to do something to make myself relax. I'll try to go out to find some homemade food in someone else's kitchen, or go for a ride with the top down on the convertible, or watch the wildlife in the backyard. anything to just help me unwind. if any of these appeal to you/are available to you, I suggest them. it feels good inside to just chillax.

-Total

Oh I'm on the other end of the spectrum I think. I tend to sleep in easily and if I wake to early I just roll over and get back to dreaming. I do love getting up early though. I feel so much better about the day when I wake early. Feels like I have a lot more time somehow. Strange I know, heh.

Isn't that the thing though? When we're all used to waking up early, those few days respite we have are all clogged up by our bodies getting us up too early.

Go back to sleep body!

And Borg, that's sad about your two days off ruining it for the others, we be all in the almost same kinda boat huh

:hugs:

gogo

What better way when you wake up early than to get a run in, nothing like a good run and fresh air to fill the lungs and get you moving for the day.

I still want to know how those in the running group (up the front mind you) can carry on a full conversation without a huff or puff.

So Gogo, get the blood circulating your body will thank you :hugs:

Oh my favorite thing to do for early morning wakeups (in the summer at least) is to grab my coffee and go out and sit in my garden.. Nice and quiet! Though those times are rare.. if I stay up way too late... I do like to sleep in a little bit :hugs: