How is your Sacred 2 running?

I was wondering what kind of experiences you guys were having with your copies of Sacred 2 combined with your PC's?

FYI my specs:

Intel e6420 @ 2.13

2gb PC4200 ram

MSI 3870 OC

Mine runs pretty OK on medium. But that isn't a real diff compared to the 7900GS I had before, which totally sucks.

Ram is not the problem for my experiences so far, at least I think. I did a check while playing: Sacred 2 was pushing my RAM use to about 75% but the CPU load is immense, it fully used my first core and about 60% of the second. This Sunday will be the true test of my system, with the Kami and all the players there.

Makes me think I spent my money wrong, since my new motherboard doesn't do 1333fsb out of the box, so I can't just get a new processor like the e8400. ;)

Guess I'll need some new PC5300/PC6400 RAM and some time to OC my gear a bit...

Edited by Timotheus

My specs :

Intel Centrino Duo T2050@1.60Ghz

2 GB 667Mhz RAM

256MB GeForce Go 7600

Windows XP SP3

Getting 15-50 fps on 1024*768 (windowed mode) with low settings. I've been experiencing a few crashes recently, but it's OK.

Max

AMD Athalon 64 X2 5000+ (2.6Ghz)

3gigs DDR2 800mhz Ram

7900GTO 512 Oc'd 650/990

Vista 64bit

I know the card's old school, but without paying an arm and a leg I cant find another that has anything close to the same clockspeeds~

I usually keep everything on high except for the shadows..<1280/1024 res> for some reason those are hell on my card and make it lagg every once in awhile.

Other than that it plays the game really well.. beautiful at max res on a 21" LCD.

e6600 OC'd to 3.0ghz (2.4 stock)

8800 gtx 768mb

4gb Corsair DDR2 800 Ram (different timings on the two pairs of 1gb sticks but shouldn't matter)

Vista x64

OS on a 320gb Barracuda

Game on 2x 320gb Barracudas in Raid 0

I've got the game at max in 1440x900, haven't reinstalled the elite textures though. I think I have vsync on etc... only time I get slowdowns is when there's a lot of particle effects... like on island at one of the merchants and the fountain zooms in in the foreground. Or occasionally with a lot of crits etc on screen, however not always (I've had Fiery Ember do it, then not do it a bit later with a bigger mob of enemies).

Probably at ~45+fps most of the time, I'd have to go and get fraps to know for sure.

specs are

AMD 64 X2 5200+

1GB DDR2 800MHz / 2GB DDR2 333MHz (brought it cheap from hong kong and didnt realise it was 333MHz till it arrived ;) )

GeForce 8500 512MB

the game runs "ok" with things on medium. cant handle AA at all really so thats always off. if I turn anything else up too high it lags like crazy.

im happy with the FPS I get from medium, so im content for now.

planning (dreaming) of getting a new MOBO and CPU soon. switching to intel I think . . .

mmm . . . E8400 . . .

:)

8800 gtx 768mb

4gb Corsair DDR2 800 Ram (different timings on the two pairs of 1gb sticks but shouldn't matter)

Vista x64

OS on a 320gb Barracuda

I've got the game at max in 1440x900, haven't reinstalled the elite textures though. I think I have vsync on etc... only time I get slowdowns is when there's a lot of particle effects... like on island at one of the merchants and the fountain zooms in in the foreground. Or occasionally with a lot of crits etc on screen, however not always (I've had Fiery Ember do it, then not do it a bit later with a bigger mob of enemies).

Probably at ~45+fps most of the time, I'd have to go and get fraps to know for sure.

Nice to know this

Just got a Phenom II 940 x4 (3.0 GHz)

EVGA 9800 GT / 512Mb

8Gb DDR2 1066 (MoBo doc says it will run @800 with all 4 memory slots full, though)

Vista x64

Looks like Sacred 2 should run OK for me -- as soon as I can find the UK version so I can get on the right servers with you fellow Darkies.

Edited by gial

8800 gtx 768mb

Vista x64

OS on a 320gb Barracuda

Nice to know this

Just got a Phenom II 940 x4 (3.0 GHz)

EVGA 9800 GT / 512Mb

8Gb DDR2 1066 (MoBo doc says it will run @800 with all 4 memory slots full, though)

Vista x64

Looks like Sacred 2 should run OK for me -- as soon as I can find the UK version so I can get on the right servers with you fellow Darkies.

Gial, this is awesome!! Been waiting for you friend, Great news!

;)

gogo

I got

Intel Core? 2 Quad Q8200 2,33GHz, Socket 775, 4MB, 1333MHz, Boxed w/Fan

Kingston ValueR. DDR2 PC6400 8xxxMB CL5, Kit w/four matched ValueRAM 2048MB DDR2

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB SATA2 16 MB 7200RPM

XFX GeForce GTX 260 576M 896MB GDDR3 PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDCP, 448bit

Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI, Retail

and os is Windows VIsta home premiun 64 bit

so I can't complain

Edited by Epox

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz,

Mobo: Gigabyte X48-DS4,

Display:ATI Radeon HD 4870 512meg ,

Audio: SB X-Fi Xtreme,

RAM: 4GB DDR2 800Mhz,

Monitor: LG 22" native 1680x1050.

I had all settings on very high with 2xAA and vert sync.

I was getting 60fps 70% of the time depending on the location.

I have the elite graphics available but wont use them due to bugs and I didn't notice any real difference anyway.

Lately I have been playing with just high settings, as the seraphim islands and the swamp area was slowing the fps down to around 20fps at times.

Now the minimum is around 30fps, though the occasional spell effect (there is a frost one than an enemy does) that will almost put my rig into cardiac arrest. ;)

CPU: E8200 @ 3GHz

GFX: Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB

RAM: 3GB DDR2 @ 750MHz

Audio: SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

1680x1050 pixel, all settings max, but aa, vsync and weather off.

Runs smoothly with 30-40fps all the time.

Motherboard: ASUS P5K Premium

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz

RAM: 6GB Kingston DDR2 677MHz (Dual channeled of course, so it´s about FSB 1333MHz)

Sound Card: SB X-FI ExtremeGamer

Video Card: XFX Geforce 8800 Ultra 768MB DDR3

Runs fine, rain effect at swamp causes a lil bit lag which MAY become permanent until restart of game/ "sys flush" required, not always.

Reolution 1680x1050, AA 2x, all sliders MAXed in graphics options, weather on, UI scaling on, vertical sync....on? I have LCD so it´s no use be it off/on..

5.1 sound, OpenAL, latest drivers

with Nvidia beta drivers 185.20, no crashing/BSOD anymore in middle of gameS.

NO elite textures. Game was crashing all the time with them on version 2.12 UK back then (Nvidia drivers 180.xx beta/WHQL)....dunno if 2.34/ latest NVIDIA drivers are more stable.....anyone knows? AND I have heard there is no great increase with textures.

Oh yeah, when riding quickly where is lots of enemies then, lag, but it´s STILL manageable.

Edited by sydetys

Hello all,

Here are my specs:

i7 Intel 2.67 processor HT

GFORCE GTX 295

3G DDR3 Ram

P6T Deluxe X58 1366 ATX Motherboard

Running max res and max graphic settings. Getting 30-40 fps. Still annoyed that after playing for a couple of hours this game will bring my system to its knees and say "WHO's YOUR DADDY" .......err umm I meant to say the fps will drop to between 1-5 especially when I get around water. Any fixes for this besides re-starting and or running the file clean up? Also had to turn the rain off, man anything to do with water seems to make this game run like a slide show.

Thanks

Hello all,

Here are my specs:

GFORCE GTX 295

3G DDR3 Ram

lucky son of a . . .

but geez even with all that firepower in your system Sacred 2 still can make it chuck a hissy fit when you get near water.

interesting.

PS. could you post a screenshot of something pretty in the game so I can see what full settings arcania looks like.

Hello all,

Here are my specs:

GFORCE GTX 295

3G DDR3 Ram

lucky son of a . . .

but geez even with all that firepower in your system Sacred 2 still can make it chuck a hissy fit when you get near water.

interesting.

PS. could you post a screenshot of something pretty in the game so I can see what full settings arcania looks like.

Ya will try to get ya a shot or 2 tonight and upload it at work. Just did the step up program on my 9800gt to get the 295. Very sweet deal EVGA has for those that just bought a new card before the 295's came out.

As a small update: I've just done a crude OC on my system since I bought some new RAM, my 6420 is now running at 2,67GHz and the RAM is at it's default 667MHz.

All settings on highest, no Vsinc or AA, 1440x900.

I have to say that it felt a bit more smooth than it used to. Guess I'll have to do some partying again to really see the results, but so far I like it. :drunkards:

Edited by Timotheus

| Vista Home Pre 64

| Motherboard: MSI P35 Platinum Combo

| CPU: Intel Core2 Duo 3.00GHz E8400

| RAM: 8GB DDR2

| Video Card: ATI 4850 512MB

| Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 ZS

| Speakers: Altec Lansing 5.1

| Dual Monitors: Viewsonic G90fb and Samsung SyncMaster

Sacred 2 runs absolutely perfectly. I've never had a problem since day one. I can run two instances of Sacred 2 which lets me control two accounts at the same time. Great for transfering! And I can Fraps a video at High settings with 2xAA while playing with ten others on screen. This is definitely a very solid mid-range setup. Runs like a champ and at this point in time the parts to put it together would likely be dirt cheap. :)

Ehh... Yeah, 8GB RAM, if that won't do I don't know what you're doing with your pc :) I did some gaming tonight but had terrible lag the last 5min, could be a server issue though.

So far, I can say I'm very pleased with the modest upgrades (<€100) and the OC I have done. This system I have now (see below) will stay for at least a year now. :o

| Operating System: XP Home SP3

| Motherboard: Jetway 966PDAG

| CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 2,13GHz @ 2,67GHz

| RAM: 2GB DDR2 Corsair Value Select 667MHz

| Video Card: MSI 3870 OC 512MB

| Monitor: HP w19b

Edited by Timotheus

Oh so true Timo. The RAM is by far making the biggest difference. Changing from 2-4GB of RAM made a noticeable difference last year. RAM here is so cheap that I figured I may as well go for 8GB and am I ever glad I did. Since having 8GB I've actually made good use of it. Just photoshoping the Sacred 2 map alone had my RAM usage up over 5GB. :o Running two instances of Sacred 2 can put me over 4GB. That's with virtual memory turned off. Not sure if that makes a difference or not though.

For those looking to upgrade it's probably the best thing to upgrade first. :)

P4 3.4 Gigahertz machine with a ATI X1950 512MB

1 gigabyte of RAM, 20 inch LCD monitor

Runs on low settings only without lag issues, so this (many years) old system is on its last legs

I've been looking over replacement stuff, but I expect it to be reasonable either around the middle to the end of this year. By then, I should have information on whether Windows 7 is worth a try over the Vista 'experience'.

Edited by DaveO
For those looking to upgrade it's probably the best thing to upgrade first. :P

In a lot of cases perhaps an operating system that can actually recognize that much RAM might be first ;)

I thought the game was running fine on my computer but lately I am having issues. I have a laptop with the following (copied from Dxdiag):

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: XPS M1530

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 3582MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8600M GT

Display Memory: 1778 MB

Dedicated Memory: 243 MB

Shared Memory: 1535 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (63Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

When there is a lot of action on the screen, I crawl (guess I had not been busy before :music:) and lately I have been getting "game client has stopped working" errors. Both problems in SP as well as multiplayer. Any ideas out there?

Laptops are very prone to overheating issues, also, we don't know what settings you are running at. :music:

I went into the options screen last night and changed everything from high to medium and disabled the weather. I played with no problems; but there were times when I played for a long time before the problem showed up. Time will tell; I will let you know if that fixed my problems. Have others seen the "game client has stopped working" message? What exactly does that mean?

Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz

Asus M3N-HT deluxe/HDMI motherboard

8Gb OCZ Reaper 1066

EVGA 9800GT 512Mb

Vista Ultimate (oxymoron there?) x64

Fraps indicates anywhere from 50+ - 100 fps depending upon where I am; online HC with 1 player ingame.

All settings on High, AA Off, weather on. Very pleasant visually, and aurally as well.

If only I liked the game better . . .