Sacred 2 AOE Showcase

Who doesn't like Area of Effect. The holy grail of gaming. The effects and results that can shake your screen, bring bolts down from the heavens and set an ocean on fire. Okay well, maybe not anything so dramatic...but good Area of Effect in action is a fantastic challenge, and getting high powered spells to spam quickly while being powerful is always fun.

If you've got great Area of Effect on your toon post it here, and let's see what Sacred 2 has. If you can please put up a pic and then indicate Combat Art and how you modded it. If weapon is important, you can list that as well, and if using a mount makes the Area of Effect better that will help as well.

Class: Dryad

Combat Art: Darting Assault.

Weapons: Blowgun

Mount: Faster Attack Speed unmounted

Modifications: Reload, Throwback, Pierce

Strengths: Almost instant hitting speed, fast CA animation, beautiful effect when combined with Life Leech

Weaknesses: None :P

dry600.jpg

----

Combat Art: Darting Assault

Weapons: Duel Wield Staves

Mount: While mounted can reach more enemies up to a maximum of 16

Modifications: Reload, Wounding, Rotate (Rotate is the important mod...it will give this CA 360 degree attack)

Strengths: When used from Duel Staves and Attributes are put into Intelligence, the damage will output via melee and when amplified by Acute Mind, can be about ten times listed damage if socketed with proper plus to all damage modifiers.

Weaknesses: VERY VERY slow CA animation. Even maximum Attack Speed still results in sluggish hits. The animation is also lack lustre and becomes boring quickly IMO ^^

mh600pic.jpg

This is a very very powerful one hit mass mob kill. What has probably gotten me to keep playing with this CA even though it animates so slowly is how damage is displayed after it takes the computer a half second to calculate all the experience...it flies up to the top of the screen like a receipt from a cash register. This is a pic taken with nine people on the server in gold a few days ago (Actual damage even with this many people in a server is about 35000 to 40000 per hit:

blade600.jpg

----

Combat Art: Tangled Vine

Weapons: Duel Wield Staves

Mount: Mounted

Modifications: Sprawl, Singe, Encroach

Strengths: This Area of Effect was a surprise. It was only offered as a third mod option, and in a kind of hidden way...that it will affect more area per level of of CA ^^ Roots any enemy in game, including bosses and does DOT damage. Is wonderful to see, IMO best looking Combat Art in game.

Weaknesses: I have so far only gotten it to be able to be cast on four enemies max. This breaks my heart, I wish I could make it do more :) But I'm thinking of erasing this build and starting again with more work on her as using Vines as primary ^^ It's regen is hellish, I want to be able to spam it very very quickly, while having it do high damage. Once every 8.5 seconds netting four enemies, even bosses will die...but we wants more :)

vines600.jpg

And I see why everyone's playing a Dryad :D

Great work gogo. Although I was a close part of your mass killing, it's really nice to see it structured and well analyzed :cha (18):

I think it is supposed to be able to help others, but I also think it's kind of bugged right now:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showforum=379

Makes me do the marathon everytime I cast it in a combo

:D

gogo

p.s. And hoping to see some other Area of Effect's of the other classes here... pix and how the Combat Arts are setup can really help other new and even old players ^^

Kat, how was your frame rate at the 4th wave :D

I usually get a serious drop at the 3rd... Even at low details, with 4GB ram and 512 video...

Edited by Dobri

Frame right was Perfect Dorbi. Never had any problem with it. And this was just to take a fast picture. In real fights I have 5 active waves with the 6 being casted and the 1 at the end range.

Great pix kat!

But...I think the fact this can't be cast near water a major weakness?

:D

gogo

p.s. Can you tell damage of it at yer level per enemy? I"m also curious as to how you are modding it... With fire rings? Or Smith arts?

Hehe thats true Gogo cant use it near water. :D

At my level I have a damage of 3000 something on hit and a burn of 5200/sec. Cast time of 1.1sec.

I use 3 + fire rings The full Pyro Set minus the Armor and a lot of + Skills amulets.

• 3 months later...

What in the world does Area of Effect stand for :) I've been trying to wrap my brain around it and I assume that it stands for Annihalation of everything but I'm probaably mistaken?! Please define for me so I can sleep at night lol

Area of Effect.

Meaning any sort of spell that deals area damage rather than to specific targets (although it has also at times been applied to spells that affect multiple targets independently)

Area of Effect.

Meaning any sort of spell that deals area damage rather than to specific targets (although it has also at times been applied to spells that affect multiple targets independently)

Hey thanks a million

• 2 months later...

Wow, missed this one Slevin!

And...is this the Area of Effect that took yer toon all the way to the top in Niob?

If so...oooh, friend you got me thinking ^^

:)

gogo

I can't give you a picture unfortunately. but maybe one of the Inquisitor guys can post the awesome affect of the Clustering Maelstorm: Levin Array: Raving thrust triple combo. the bigger you can get the mob the better it works. frame rate goes to almost zero for a second though. trees shacking, ground moving, grass blowing and every thing dies in an instant, I've seen experience grabs of 100,000 points in 1 shot on level 100 in platinum.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd do a little video capture. was my first attempt. Grapics setting were on max. about 40 to 45 FPS. I had to reduce the Res to 640 X 480 to get the files sizes down where they would upload in a resonable amount of time.

Here's me spankin the Fog Monster

th_SpankingtheFog.jpg

And spankin the Fog monster

th_expulsinthegoonies.jpg

And Shadow steppin

th_shadowsteppin.jpg

Edited by locolagarto
Coudn't find Gogo's original post-- started another

You're talking about this ? : <a href="http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/showthread.php?t=58701&highlight=Area of Effect+showcase" target="_blank">http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ht=Area of Effect+showcase</a>

I guess I am. thought is was a FDM post but now that explains why I couldn't find it

ahahahh, heh, it was me who merged the threads. We were so busy at work yesterday I only had time for a few hit and runs on the forum before hitting the servers last night completely exhausted and then saying hi to the sandman till now.

Andy, I merged your thread with earlier one... Nice case you make for a Dispell HE!

Why don't you make it into a build and publish? I think it will have some merit, it's certainly interesting, different...and you're going to make fans all over the world very very happy with being able to take out mister fog so easily... even while drinking a beer?

gogo

Well this is about as good as I can get on a Shadow Warrior so far:

Sorry for the crap quality, I'm still figuring out how to push my hardware to get better. Recording from consoles has proven to be quite challenging for me.

This was taken on Xbox 360.

Weapon: Dragonbone Swiftbow

Combat Arts: Skeletal Fortification

Frenzied Rampage/Scything Sweep combo

Augmenting Guidon/Rousing Command/Killing Spree combo

All mods are explained here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13178

I don't have KS modified yet but when I do I will go with Control, Burst, Sear.

Strengths: The longer the fight the stronger it gets.

Weaknesses: Requires some time setting it up, rather weak at the beginning of the fight.

Edited by Numerii
  • 2 months later...

Class: Inquisitor

Combat Art: Clustering Maelstrom + Raving Thrust (Combo)

Weapons: Shadow Weaver (with Dual Wield: 2 one handed Staffs are also possible --> e.g. Nlovae's Mystery)

Mount: Astute Supremacy mount for lower reg times and faster enemy pulling

Modifications: Clustering Maelstrom: Chaos (very important) - Vortex - Vortex; Raving Thrust: Lash Out - Vehemence - Lesion

Strengths: higher damage when pulling more enemies togehter (Chaos mod)

Weaknesses: only physical damage; very low damage to few enemies

big0025.jpg

big0036.jpg