Buy Sacred 3! - Officially Announced for Deep Silver

Llama8

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been having speed lore in my head a lot lately - should I, or shouldn't I:) Well, I think speed lore would fit a whole lot better under General Skills and would also be used a lot more if it were. I don't read many builds that actually include speed lore, but a whole lot that would dump only 5 points into a primary choice purely to unlock the secondary of bargaining or enhanced perception. Now I know S3 will probably be totally different, but I think a beta release might be useful to get the communities input about where skills belong and what their masteries should unlock? (again, if S3 offers masteries at all). I would pick speed lore above riding any day if it was an option as a general skill - even if was purely for the speed boost.

So I've been having speed lore in my head a lot lately - should I, or shouldn't I:) Well, I think speed lore would fit a whole lot better under General Skills and would also be used a lot more if it were. I don't read many builds that actually include speed lore, but a whole lot that would dump only 5 points into a primary choice purely to unlock the secondary of bargaining or enhanced perception. Now I know S3 will probably be totally different, but I think a beta release might be useful to get the communities input about where skills belong and what their masteries should unlock? (again, if S3 offers masteries at all). I would pick speed lore above riding any day if it was an option as a general skill - even if was purely for the speed boost.

Personally I always thought that Speed Lore should have the same speed bonuses as the other speed-boosting skills (ie, the Speed Lore bonus at infinity is +30%, Sword Weapons at infinity gives a bonus of 120%, four times more bonus & the attack speed cap is ~2.4 times greater than the run speed cap), or give an attack speed bonus for all weapons (albeit a much lower one than the weapon-specific lores).

So I've been reading these boards for a bit, but this will be the first post. Took a while to digest the crunchy factor of the mechanics in this game, and that has been superb! Having a much more intricate system than Diablo or many of its clones makes it stand out. But to stay on topic and add my $0.02 I would say the aspect that I wish a sequel to embody would be to dliver a real breathing world.

What has me hooked on Sacred 2 is the fact that the town feels complete with dialogue, songs, varied NPC's etc... The original developers took a lot of time to ensure that the world you travel feels coherent and complete. It's not just a white washed backdrop for a string of grinds for increasingly better loot.... it's actually a joy to explore and find little nooks and crannies with quests and interesting individuals and locales.

So a sequel should also embody this aspect of a rich and interesting world. Honestly most Diablo clones like titan quest, loki, etc have limited replay and staying power since one play through covers most of the content. A direct play through of the main story arc in Sacred 2 is maybe 5% of the game.... and that's great! Those can rush can do so, and those who want the scenic route have that in spades! I'm digressing on a late night post (mea culpa), but it draws many parallels to the Witcher. No other RPG since Ultima 4 has evoked such a breath of fresh air in the genre. The world feels alive, and the NPC's are compelling and engaging. This is what made that game #1 RPG in my books. And Sacred 2, the more I play it, rises in the ranks of it's own genre.

Keep the spirit alive!

• Like! 1

Hi and welcome to the forum shamalamastreetman (that's a mouthful :) )

I have to agree. The sheer size of the world is most impressive. Diablo and Titan Quest, while I loved both games, felt too linear. You really couldn't go far off the beaten path if at all. I really hope S3 has a huge world also.

Welcome to DarkMatters Shammy!

An impressive first post, delightful to read. I will agree on the immersive experience. As a stand up game, Ancaria's "girth" is immense, strangely feeling as if on par with mmorpgs. This immersion ups the perception of value, and with the Closed servers being traditionally payed for by Ascaron we have unique playing experience with thousands (alas, maybe more :cry:) of hours of value.

This kind of detail, however, produces a game size that makes for a day of downloading :lol: I'm not sure if waiting for a download of a game that long is "correct" for any game of today, specially considering that downloads seem to be the way games are going.

If the detailing on this game led to it's costly production, this feature that we love, depth of world, may have been it's swan song.

:blink:

gogo

• 5 weeks later...

Hi people, I have been reading these forums for over a year and decided I would like to add to this particular page since I would love to see a Sacred 3.

Bit about me, im a Baker married some kids I have spent alot of time making and building my "Arcade Room" ;)

Ive built 2 arcade mame cabs. Ive got every system since the nes and still have them all, my games collection is over 1100 Hard copies and thousands of others but the game I play the most is this rediculously addictive game.

I have grind syndrome like just about every person that plays this game longer then the first play through. Even though its missing vital elements like a battlenet style online system, Better PVP, Better skill explanation, Better auto collect, Less rubish dropped as you level, Auto Sort for consoles, Better Trading system and the one I wanted most of all, an online market system similar to wows auction hall.

I play it only on the ps3 although I have the 360 and PC version I dont like the controlls. PSN ID: AckaDacka

I have a Level 125 seraphim, Level 90 and 51 Shadow Warrior, 56 High Elf, 55 Dryad.

Im always looking for people to trade sets with. I must have nearly every item in the game I have most sets and just about all the unique weapons and rings.

BUT ! I have in all my toons over 1000hours logged. I play in niob and can farm guardians and mini boss's like they are going out of fashion and I have NEVER seen a 4star item on PS3. I have all the quest and class quest ones but no drops. Anyone else seen even ONE like as in first hand proof ?

Anyway enough rant, I love this game I cant play it enough my wife hates it and wants to burn the CD heh. I played WOW for 4 years from the start and have played nearly any RPG you can name on any system and this is my NUMBER ONE.

BUT ! I have in all my toons over 1000hours logged. I play in niob and can farm guardians and mini boss's like they are going out of fashion and I have NEVER seen a 4star item on PS3. I have all the quest and class quest ones but no drops. Anyone else seen even ONE like as in first hand proof ?

Anyway enough rant, I love this game I cant play it enough my wife hates it and wants to burn the CD heh. I played WOW for 4 years from the start and have played nearly any RPG you can name on any system and this is my NUMBER ONE.

A hearty welcome to you ackadacka! Another lurker gets sucked into the void... er I mean light. ;)

Rest assured, I have personally witnessed a legendary item drop on the PS3 - from one of the Nameless Guardians. Unfortunately it was a Boneslicer :(.

There have been other reported legendary drops, on Xbox as well, so keep the faith!

A hearty welcome to you ackadacka! Another lurker gets sucked into the void... er I mean light. ;)

Rest assured, I have personally witnessed a legendary item drop on the PS3 - from one of the Nameless Guardians. Unfortunately it was a Boneslicer :(.

There have been other reported legendary drops, on Xbox as well, so keep the faith!

Even the guys on PC have reported that Legendary Items only drop about 1 in every 400 runs on the Guardians. So keep the faith and kill more bosses, lots more bosses.

Hi people, I have been reading these forums for over a year and decided I would like to add to this particular page since I would love to see a Sacred 3.

Bit about me, im a Baker married some kids I have spent alot of time making and building my "Arcade Room" ;)

Ive built 2 arcade mame cabs. Ive got every system since the nes and still have them all, my games collection is over 1100 Hard copies and thousands of others but the game I play the most is this rediculously addictive game.

I have grind syndrome like just about every person that plays this game longer then the first play through. Even though its missing vital elements like a battlenet style online system, Better PVP, Better skill explanation, Better auto collect, Less rubish dropped as you level, Auto Sort for consoles, Better Trading system and the one I wanted most of all, an online market system similar to wows auction hall.

I play it only on the ps3 although I have the 360 and PC version I dont like the controlls. PSN ID: AckaDacka

I have a Level 125 seraphim, Level 90 and 51 Shadow Warrior, 56 High Elf, 55 Dryad.

Im always looking for people to trade sets with. I must have nearly every item in the game I have most sets and just about all the unique weapons and rings.

I logged about 400 hours on my ps3 and my Seraphim never managed to complete all 3 Aspect sets. I was never so audacious as to aspire to a Legendary drop. If it happens for you, post a pic.

Great intro and post! Besides a warm and hearty welcome this sunny day here in Montreal,I will offer only these words...keep trying! I almost didn't believe that this stuff was real until I finally got my own one...but wow what a feeling.

And... hide that CD ! :lol:

:)

gogo

the ability to control and level up and keep 5 heroes instead of 1

you start off with your main hero but you can add more by paying gold like in dungeon siege 2 it was made by microsoft games studios dont dis it

also love the temple gaurdian and shadow warrior spells

what I want in sared 3 is to control keep and level up 5 heroes instead of 1

you start of with your main hero but pay gold to increase the size of your group like in dungeon siege 2 it was a very succesfull game because of that.

also would like to have temple gaurdian spells and shadow warrior spells

the fiery ember spell and skelleton tower spells are my favourite

I would like to have "random encounters".

Meaning special enemies showing on really rare occassions. This could be other heroes or bosses, or even just special quests or happenings.

Just something that gives me the feeling that I can't 100% predict what I'm going to face against when starting Sacred 3 :)

also: switching between spellsets!

I would like to have "random encounters".

Meaning special enemies showing on really rare occassions. This could be other heroes or bosses, or even just special quests or happenings.

Just something that gives me the feeling that I can't 100% predict what I'm going to face against when starting Sacred 3 :)

also: switching between spellsets!

yeah that would be good but only for high level players you dont want to get killed all the time at the begginning do you?

what I want in sared 3 is to control keep and level up 5 heroes instead of 1

you start of with your main hero but pay gold to increase the size of your group like in dungeon siege 2 it was a very succesfull game because of that.

Holee molee...I'd forgotten about this. Really... we could pay out gold...and it constantly be taken out of our gold...like wages over tim?

:blink:

gogo

I don't think having more than one character to control in Sacred would be a good idea. They sort of tried it with S1 (which I've played a bit of lately), but it never worked as you had to spend time trying to keep your NPC alive. Yes, Dungeon Siege does it, but let's leave that to Dungeon Siege to do.

As to the random encounters thing, that was what the mini bosses were meant to be in Sacred 2 only people complained about being ambushed by nasty beasts. If you play the console version you can still get the random encounter feel (except we all know where they are now, so it isn't very randon).

ad S3 in general:

* And a bit faster base movement speed!

* Detailed information about the enemies ingame (their spells, attack, ms, all that good stuff). why not a bestiary in the journal?

... cities changing their look (at least one) in the course of a quest (plague broke out, burnt down, genocide, anything!), UFO suddenly crashing down, leaving a trail of destruction (and dead mobs *g*, maybe even killing a boss!), vulcano eruption(some mobs can withstand magma and transform just like the t-energy lakes), moral decisions(there are some in Sacred 2, but way too few), start location in the very near distance to an area with superior enemies (gives you a goal right at the beginning without it being a quest), secret quests (triggered for instance like the office quest. by clicking on some eye catching prop). ...

I'd just appreciate some BIG moments. Those dragon fights aren't, and they are the best Sacred 2 has to offer sadly ;(

Edited by mr.ioes

That bobble-headed SW makes me giggle like a little girl lol.gif

But as for what I'd like to see in S3... Vampires. I liked the concept of the Vampiress in the original, along with the form change and daylight effectiveness. She was awesome, second only to the dwarf and his big canon wub.gif

As for something new that I'd like to see implemented, is something akin to pets. I'm not talking about some random animal that you get which follows you around, gets in your way, never changes, and is pretty much a nuisance throughout the game, but I mean something with a bit of depth, custom-ability, something that you can see grow and evolve, and more importantly, something you can control. You could get one by completing a character-specific quest (which is also something I'd like to see more of, more character specific quests), something challenging that makes you work for it.

The pet itself could level up along side you as well. It could have varying functions (such as close combat/ranged/magic specialties) to compliment how you play your character (eg, close combat pet to draw in mobs for a range character to pick off, or high-damage pet for your low damage tanking character, etc...), or different types of pets for whatever function you want it for (such as the varying special mounts in Sacred 2)

And as for evolution, at certain level increments (such as level 50, 100, 150), the pet could grow bigger, stronger, more effective, or even take on a different look at each stage.

With nearly everyone using widescreen monitors/TVs these days, you could have a few buttons on one side that would tell your pet what to do, such as attack, retreat, use a specific skill, attack the same thing you're attacking, or change to a different target, etc...

And lets say your pet dies. Instead of losing it and having to have to buy a new one such as you do with the mounts, you could need to go to a certain NPC to have it revived, for a price, keeping its growth, experience, skills, etc. in place.

That, I think, would be more beneficial than hindering to the game in my opinion. Don't want a pet? Don't do the quest. Or dont buy one. Whatever, its up to you :)

That bobble-headed SW makes me giggle like a little girl

I wondered what that was...:devil:

As for something new that I'd like to see implemented, is something akin to pets. I'm not talking about some random animal that you get which follows you around, gets in your way, never changes, and is pretty much a nuisance throughout the game, but I mean something with a bit of depth, custom-ability, something that you can see grow and evolve, and more importantly, something you can control. You could get one by completing a character-specific quest (which is also something I'd like to see more of, more character specific quests), something challenging that makes you work for it.

The pet itself could level up along side you as well. It could have varying functions (such as close combat/ranged/magic specialties) to compliment how you play your character (eg, close combat pet to draw in mobs for a range character to pick off, or high-damage pet for your low damage tanking character, etc...), or different types of pets for whatever function you want it for (such as the varying special mounts in Sacred 2)

And as for evolution, at certain level increments (such as level 50, 100, 150), the pet could grow bigger, stronger, more effective, or even take on a different look at each stage.

With nearly everyone using widescreen monitors/TVs these days, you could have a few buttons on one side that would tell your pet what to do, such as attack, retreat, use a specific skill, attack the same thing you're attacking, or change to a different target, etc...

And lets say your pet dies. Instead of losing it and having to have to buy a new one such as you do with the mounts, you could need to go to a certain NPC to have it revived, for a price, keeping its growth, experience, skills, etc. in place.

That, I think, would be more beneficial than hindering to the game in my opinion. Don't want a pet? Don't do the quest. Or dont buy one. Whatever, its up to you :)

AFAIK, the escorts can be controlled to a certian degree. Sorry I don't remember specifics but I do remember that there are keyboard commands for them...

Yes, that is true, you do have limited control over followers, but nothing in great detail. I don't really want to delve too much into comparisons to other games, however there have been other games that I've played that dealt with pets in detail, even going as far as to have entire classes made to 'power up' the critters, while still having your basic attack/range/spellcasting/etc... character classes as well. Pets weren't the be-all-end-all of the game, but they did add a certain variety, functionality, and fun to the game. And if done right, the main character can sit back and reap the rewards as the pet does all the work...

Also, I thought of this on the spur of the moment in another thread, but also unlocking certain quests at higher difficulty levels. One thing I've always liked about the franchise is that theres an abundance of quests to complete. You can choose to do them, or not to do them at all if you so desire.

What about if upon reaching a new difficulty level, you have access to more harder, challenging quests? Such as new bosses to conquer, more powerful items to unlock, so on and so forth...

But another spur of the moment idea I just had is new areas get unlocked with difficulty levels as well. I mean, I've not once had a character go to niob, let alone past level 100, simply because in the end I get bore with doing the same ol stuff all the time. Go here, kill that, talk to Fred, etc... So, I'd just start again with a new character, new build, and go again. Rinse and repeat.

However, if there were a new location to explore, new quests to do, new items to find, so on and so forth, then that would makes things a lot less repetitive, and a lot more worthwhile getting those levels, unlocking those difficulty levels, and playing the game for longer.

Its worth looking into at least, anyway...

Cheers,

- Smurfed

• 5 months later...

Is it here yet?

:oooo:

gogo

p.s. I want google translate built into the chat system. Google translate in real time is just amazing!

you guys ever used it on msn? Coming soon to games we love!

:bounce: