Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried Pandora Internet Radio? You just type in an artist and it builds a playlist based on that artist. A buddy told me about it a couple of weeks ago. As I am sitting here processing wiki pics from a photo safari I went on last week, I decided to give it a try.

Heard of it, yes. Unfortunately, if I have indeed stumbled to the right site you are talking about, there's no access to the music for those outside of the US. :(

I think that this melody deserves it to be put here:

Our third daughter is playing xylophon at the school orchestra and they are training to perform the above song at school-years end this summer in front of all the kids and parents. So it is not overdoing if I say that I am listening to this melody 4-5 times a day currently. Also all the memories to my childhood come back, because whenever I visited a circus this melody was played: Erinnerungen an Zirkus Renz - Memories of Circus Renz.

Listen to it, it is different to the music normally put here, but it is a great and funny performance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this songs/singer made it ever to the other side of the pond. Got the CD as a birthday gift from my boss (a dutch).

I feel somehow good when I listen to it when driving to work.

I recently started to listen to Dead can dance.

Believe me, their stuff is of utmost musical poetry, and feels like a dark dream upon the listener.

Here's a song that I've been listening alot to lately.

It's from their gloomy 1987 release "Within the realm of a dying sun".

You need to be in a calmed state of mind to fully enjoy this, I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish I could share some music with you. All I have is the hum of pc fans, phones ringing, and backround chatter, as I am at work in my office.

What I wouldn't give for a bit of music.

I was listening to a Simon and Garfunkle cd in the car this morning, on my way into work. Really beautiful music, and amazing to think that it's 40 odd years old !

Steve.

Moscow, Moscow, lalalalalalala, lalalalalalala, hohohohoho, HEY!

Uh... anyways...

Simon and Garfunkle, two artists I haven't heard in a while. Indeed, hard to believe how time flies, but I remembered listening to them on the record player when I was younger. Scarborough Fair, Mrs. Robinson, Sound of Silence, those were truly classics. Thank you for bringing back memories. :D

As for what I'm listening to? Well... >>;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-qW48Ueo0s

I usually listen to Alternative and Hard Rock, but I cannot get enough of this song...the vocals are incredible

I bought the album the other day, I took it out of the bag once I got home and there was a long debate as to who would get to rip it to their systems first.

currently listening to skid row's 1989 debut album... again! I just love that disc :P

yeah well I'm mainly into hard rock an pretty much every subgenre of the so-called "rock music" (I like to think of it more like a category including all those genres) from the '50s straight to the '80s, never really liked the '90s, excepting the second half of the decade when glam/sleaze metal and hard rock in general got revived by swedish and american bands. the only genre I really can't stand is progressive. idk, to me it seems like people trying too hard. the exception being a couple tunes by yes and pink floyd.

as for metal (again, I like to think of it as a category since there are so many genres involved) I enjoy thrash, classic heavy metal (mainly black sabbath and judas priest) death, prog death and a bit of black, excepting of course the aforementioned glam and sleaze.

besides those I'm also into blues, jazz and r'n'b (with artists like little richard and aretha franklin, not the thing that's called r'n'b nowadays... rihanna anyone? x( )

I'm glad to see a fellow metal-fan here, Schniepel.

I love the 70's era Judas Priest, and they are one of my favourites of the genre.

Just can't stand the "Breakin' the law"-period they went through, even though it was with British Steel they got world famous.

I would also say that I'm quite open-minded when it comes to music.

Classical, Opera, 50's - 80's pop, Folk music, Rock/Hard rock, some electronica and trance.

But I don't like what the young kids are into today.

Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and everything including autotuned vocals.

I steer away from that whenever I can.

I also found another old recording of a guy who really creeps me out.

Just imagine walking alone through a dark forest and suddenly hearing a strange noise behind you.

You turn around, only to see this guy coming towards you from a distance with tiny, fast steps while violently playing his ukulele and singing with a weird grin on his face. Dread!

Funny Skid Row is mentioned, because I'm currently listening to '18 and Life'. I don't hear much of Skid Row's stuff, but it was that song that I was hooked on back in the day.

In the risc the young generation is laughing: At my highschool time it was the area of NDW = Neue Deutsche Welle = German new wave. So bands like Nena, Döf, Ideal, ... For a boy who had never english at school, listening to german music allowed to understand what people were singing.

Tastes change with time, but some songs bring the teenage time back to me. I found myself humming a song at the lunch break, which was played in the radio when I travelled to work. So I think I have to share the song:

The german original

The later english version of the same singer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt-R5hj_lWM

@sirius: I don't think "today's kids" are actually "into" that kinda music. the most of them ill just wear anything the TV or whatever (mainly teen 'zines and that stuff) says is fashionable, no matter how ridiculous it is... you have to admit though, that those people are geniuses. I mean, they get rotten rich on stuff like facebook, MTV and whatever. either that, or the people are stupid.

by the way, I also think Judas Priest's Breakin' The Law and British Steel period isn't as good as their '70s spree.

@Aegis: man... 18 and Life is just plain awesome. I remember the first time I listened to it a couple years ago, blew me away. too bad skid row went in another direction after the first 2 albums, and too bad they kicked out Sebastian - he's probably the best '80s hard rock vocalist. I mean who needs Axl Rose when you got that kind of singer?! awesome. just awesome.

@chattius: haha, nice man! never knew about German new wave. seriously. I don't like new wave in general, but small subcultures like that, I find fascinating :)

oh yeah, I'm currently listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival. love them. probably gonna do a CCR-thon soon. :P

Edited by schniepel!

Indeed, Sebastian Bach was amazing as vocals, and really brought those songs to life. It's been said that, of all things, the lead singer is the face of the band, even going so far as the heart and soul. Thus replacing Sebastian with someone else changes things big time, and usually not for the better.