Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

Hey Gogo, after all that stress over the server issue, I think we should knock back a few cold ones. I wonder, can you think of something to eat that would go well with a few brews? :dntknw:

:drunkards:

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Super hot week...and some nights you gotta go full wino:

IMG_4815.jpg

gogo

I LOVE Grand Marnier... one of my favourite liquers. It makes a particularly good orange souffle.

1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

Hey Gogo, after all that stress over the server issue, I think we should knock back a few cold ones. I wonder, can you think of something to eat that would go well with a few brews? :dntknw:

The food will depend on the kind of beer. 

I Honestly do not know enough about beers to give a very educated lesson, but the general feeling is something meaty, burgers and sliders are a favourite of restaurants that serve a "double tasting portion" of a beer that has been paired with each slider, deep fried foods are also very common to be paired with beer. According to our chef lecturer that we had in High school, the bitterness in the beer breaks through the oil that remains on your palate...

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Our place sucks... no balcony! lol, I always have to make sure I stay friendly with friends and family that have one.  

My suggestion is full BBQ and beers... these are the moments that are awesome!

:dance:

gogo

29 minutes ago, Delta! said:

I LOVE Grand Marnier... one of my favourite liquers. It makes a particularly good orange souffle.

I used to drink GM years ago...but somehow forgot about it...  but at my cousin's place for the long weekend two weeks ago, did some research and found this killer cocktail with GM... using Ginger beer, limes, lime juice and Angostura Bitters!

https://www.thespruceeats.com/perfect-storm-cocktail-recipe-759768

IMG_4560.jpg

We were unfortunately only able to get some JagerMeister bitters...but the spirit of the drink were there!

Man, Ginger Beer is so spicy!!

:oooo:

gogo

I used the orange angosturo bitters to make an chocolate & orange marbled marshmallow that gets used for turn down snacks every now and then... usually when the whole hotel has turned over.

I am fortunate enough now to have access to 2 electric mixers, so I can make the 2 marshmallows at the same time, have them ready at the same time, and then marble them in the tray once they have whisked down to a cool temperature. 

so far I have made Chocolate and Orange (the orange was plain white with the milk chocolate coloured (even though it was dark chocolate) colour.

Rose and Vanilla (I used rose water for the rose and added some pink food colouring) and a plain white. 

Today I made a Spearmint and more normal/garden mint marbled marshmallow. I kept the spearmint white, to show off against the green (food colouring, very soft green) garden mint colour. I made this for the student that is training at the hotel at the moment. She is not to secure in pastry section, so I had her watching me the entire time while I made it, so that she can at least tell her lecturer how it was made. She has to prepare a 7 course meal for 9pax, and obviously show what she has learned there, She was very committed to every other section, but her passion is not in the sweet section, So I helped her a bit, since she has been as committed as you can get, and she has been trying very hard... 

• Like! 1
On 7/13/2019 at 6:01 PM, Delta! said:

I used the orange angosturo bitters to make an chocolate & orange marbled marshmallow that gets used for turn down snacks every now and then... usually when the whole hotel has turned over.

I am fortunate enough now to have access to 2 electric mixers, so I can make the 2 marshmallows at the same time, have them ready at the same time, and then marble them in the tray once they have whisked down to a cool temperature. 

so far I have made Chocolate and Orange (the orange was plain white with the milk chocolate coloured (even though it was dark chocolate) colour.

Rose and Vanilla (I used rose water for the rose and added some pink food colouring) and a plain white. 

Today I made a Spearmint and more normal/garden mint marbled marshmallow. I kept the spearmint white, to show off against the green (food colouring, very soft green) garden mint colour. I made this for the student that is training at the hotel at the moment. She is not to secure in pastry section, so I had her watching me the entire time while I made it, so that she can at least tell her lecturer how it was made. She has to prepare a 7 course meal for 9pax, and obviously show what she has learned there, She was very committed to every other section, but her passion is not in the sweet section, So I helped her a bit, since she has been as committed as you can get, and she has been trying very hard... 

lol... if we'd had you as a neighbor we'd never leave! :4rofl: I also believe that you have a way with teaching that that student who was watching has gained... confidence is the start of everything! :bounce:

I never knew there was any range on the bitters... only that my parents had an old creaky bottle of the Angostura's in their cupboard... and now years later when we actually put some effort into finding them, they are hard to find.

:blink:

gogo

In South Africa, they are readily available in most liquor stores, usually behind the counter because they are small bottles. I have seen the orange bitters, and the normal one...

• Like! 1

The bottle of bitters that we got for my cousins birthday was pretty tiny, and.. plastic! kind of took away from the nostalgia I was feeling...but it added great depth to the flavor ...ive never actually seen a product like that before, though yours looks quite premium Chattius

:)

gogo

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello beautiful folks! Sorry I want able to post earlier but there’s hardly any data down here and only some wifi sometimes... here with the family for vacay in Varadero... sorry for not spamming more ... Will be back this weekend !!

😍🥳😇

gogo

264F719A-DE3C-43A5-B694-3292EDBDE412.jpeg

7 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Hello beautiful folks! Sorry I want able to post earlier but there’s hardly any data down here and only some wifi sometimes... here with the family for vacay in Varadero... sorry for not spamming more ... Will be back this weekend !!

😍🥳😇

gogo

264F719A-DE3C-43A5-B694-3292EDBDE412.jpeg

Looks like a beautiful place gogo. Hope you have a great and relaxing holiday

• Thanks! 1
On 10/22/2019 at 5:28 AM, Delta! said:

Looks like a beautiful place gogo. Hope you have a great and relaxing holiday

First time in Cuba... yah the food can be challenging .... but those beaches 🥰🥰🥰

I do miss data though and posting... all these new members🤓

We’re coming back and should be hike tonight ... gonna see my ammamma and then Moms getting home .. this is her saying hi 😀 ....

can hardly wait to get stable wifi  connection 

😎

gogo

EEE37745-5672-47B9-8F32-9B8E1D5A267A.jpeg

• Haha 1

Mom was at eye hospital at nearby Dillenburg. I was searching for some lunch which wouldn't be pizza or Döner Kebab in the old town parts. Shot while on the walk to the castle. First parts of the castle wall are in front. Looking down there the the old wooden patchwork houses and the church.

Dillenburg.jpg

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, chattius said:

Mom was at eye hospital at nearby Dillenburg. I was searching for some lunch which wouldn't be pizza or Döner Kebab in the old town parts. Shot while on the walk to the castle. First parts of the castle wall are in front. Looking down there the the old wooden patchwork houses and the church.

Dillenburg.jpg

Hoping your moms eye is better 😊 .. and an excellent capture!!

🏄🏻‍♂️

gogo

Loosened retina. Eye liquid was removed, retina fixed in one day. Now she is at home and has to wear an eye-clap for a week. The oldest from my sister studies at her place and will look for her. I did her garden at monday. I know her, if she hasn't something to do she searches for something to do.

But she should not do hard work with her eye like using a spade and fighting crop so the garden looks nice for winter ;)

The photo: I had a fixed lens on my camera. So I had to use my feet and not a zoom. It looked best when the round window of the church was one third from the top and one third from the left and the roof's building a triangle to lead the view towards it. Then making the picture monochrom and adding a negative vignette to focus even more into the point.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Was a bit shocked when reading the newspaper at afternoon. Even I am at another flightclub now: the sailplane I used to fly till some years back crashed yesterday because the towing rope got damage at heavy winds. Rope was released at 70 metres instead 240metres and speed was not yet full. The emergency maneuvre ended in a crash with only light injuries.

I liked the old beast (ASK13, photo). Quite robust and could be flown at relative low speeds which was probably the reason why nothing real bad happened. The winch would tow the plane uphill. If the cable has to be reeased to early normal procedure (as it was trained to me) was to do a 360 turn and do a landing uphill. The problem are the trees in the background. If you have not enough height you will hit them.

21294459_1981804452099580_78178218615672

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/230521

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dragon Brother said:

Yay, christmas baking!! Best part of the year :)

Bakings a bit part of my Christmas as well.  I can hardly wait to see what my Cousin's wife and her Mom do this year...they're accomplished christmas cookie makers... goodies be coming

:D

gogo

• Like! 1