Ice & Blood: Legendary, Unique and Set weapons

Hmmm, I wonder. If I make a pvp server and password it for my protection. Bring in a toon from each account then just stand face to face if the SB would increase or would you have to be in active combat. Like the Sloeford wolves are actively attacking me and my SB increases.

Ooooo, does that work? That would definitely help get SB on my casters (ie, those that don't have insane resists/HP/regen/etc) up...

Hi everyone and thanks for all the precious informations I got from here ;)

As there are tons of topics about loots it's not easy to find in which one to post, so I'll choose this one to bring me luck about Legendaries.

I'm playing a Queen of Blade in SP. She's level 98 in Gold. Yes, I kinda abused at Orc Cave I think, but that's not really a problem. I camped Orc Cave for a looong time and enjoyed it, not too difficult (even if I flashed red from time to time, as those boyzs can hit for really hard) and after looking at many topics I decided to try the Guardians as they seemed to be the best chance to get Legendaries. I rushed to them and I gave them some tries. First it's definitly harder than orc as those things (the 4th Guardian in fact) was able to remove more than half of my HP in a single blow (10.5K hP) while I use the right relics for each Guardian (Arcane, then fire then frost and finally poison) and died once because he did hit me twice in a row without me having the time to press the space bar for a pot. I lost my survival bonus (yes I'm playing Softcore hopefully for me) so they are at my level +2 now instead of my level +12 like they were.

But after some runs I'm thinking about going back to Orc as I'm getting more xp at orcs (2 or 3 time more) and more fun as there is no need to restart a server again and again, no need to run to the boss for 3-4 minutes killing the annoying trashs mobs on the way, etc. In terms of drops the Orcs give me around 10 uniques/sets per hour while it's something like 1 per hour at max for the guardian (before losing my survival bonus to be precise). So in term of fun, survivabilty and drops Orcs are far above Guardians for me. But the question is about the Legendaries : can they drop them ? I think so as I saw someone saying he had a Kal'Dur Legacy from a normal orc (damn that's THE thing I'm looking for for doing seriously the Guardians, as I got to use a rare two handed sword at the moment and that's awfull) so I guess they can do Legendaries. Of course they got less chances than a Quest boss, but if the difference in Legendaries/unique is the same, as Orc give me ten more Uniques/sets than Guardians should I guess I could get more Lengendaries from Orcs in the end ? Or the Lengendaries' drop rate is so low at non-quest bosses that Guardians will still be the best chance even if they drop less uniques per hour ?

Sorry for the pretty long story and hoping that my wall of text was understandable, being French doesn't help about that ;)

Legendaries are in a drop tier all of their own and Im pretty sure that orcs are unable to drop them. Kal Dur's is a unique weapon and so it can drop from mostly anything I believe.

Thanks fellas. I was real happy to see that orange text that wasnt a DM rune!

Hmmm, I wonder. If I make a pvp server and password it for my protection. Bring in a toon from each account then just stand face to face if the SB would increase or would you have to be in active combat. Like the Sloeford wolves are actively attacking me and my SB increases.

Ooooo, does that work? That would definitely help get SB on my casters (ie, those that don't have insane resists/HP/regen/etc) up...

Yeah, I noticed when I was testing the nimbus mod that my two HE's had an increasing SB which is why I suggested it ;)

Edited by Dragon Brother

We need this spilt to it's own thread.

But yes it does work. I took a shadow warrior from each of my accounts and had them face off in pvp.

To make it work have grim resiliance on(at least for SW) or a buff that boosts your htp regen. Just in case. I made sure all gear that said reflect melée or close combat of not on. Started the server with the higher level toon and had to actually get outside of town. The wolves is the area were scared of him. I brought the other toon in and did the same prep on gear. Equiped them both with an officer saber and a stalworth shield for sb bonus. Not really needed. I then set the younger toon to melée attacking only. Find something heavy enough to lean against the right mouse button. I then sat back and watched the show. Sb on both increased. Wolves in the area stayed away from the two battleing becuase of the higher toons level.

Do they have to be fighting or can they just stand next to each other?

Edit: Another Legendary ;) Aarnum's Prevalence. Well...thats 2 in four runs...means I'm gonna be waiting a while for the next one. Still, as soon as I jumped to gold Ive gotten these 2 and Braggis' Law in ~15 runs... ;)

Aarnumsprevalence.jpg

Edited by Dragon Brother

Good Job DB! And yes they have to be fighting or at least one of them need to be swinging at the other.

Well thats easy then, just gotta remove all hit chance increasing gear (or all gear full stop) from the low one, up the big ones HP regen and evade, remove reflect like you said and its good to go.

Great to hear you're finally getting legendaries DB :)

Is the chance to drop that significantly reduced in Silver? Is it even possible to get them?

Edited by dreeft

Thanks for the correction on Kal'Dur being an Unique and not a Legendary item. I guess that's part because the pic of it on the wiki show it a little orange (due to the user's screen settings) and because that weapon should have been a Legendary seen its stats. Anyway I'll stick to the Guardian for some times then, untill I got bored and rush my way to the Platinium version of them (I'll prolly be level 120 at that time and Plat shouldn't be too hard :))

Gratz for the lucky moment DB, enjoy it as usually those moments are paid heavily later :)

Hoping to get some screens to put here, even if I guess that there are nearly no Legendaries missing to the wiki by now.

Whattheheyholyheck.

Wowza.

45.3 seconds Regeneration per Hit?

Noooooo wonder they limited the runes to 200 for Ice and Blood.

Those moles must be tough, to need a level 12,000 Dedicated Blow :)

**** me! I didn't notice that the first time round! Spunky have you tried exporting that & trying it on a level 200 char (with ~60s or so of CA regen time)?

:) I think I just peed myself! That's a ridiculous amount of regen per hit! That'd be amazing for a divine protection or dashing alacrity 24/7

:) I think I just peed myself! That's a ridiculous amount of regen per hit! That'd be amazing for a divine protection or dashing alacrity 24/7

Still the cooldowns to deal with... with enough runes to get them to 0, yes... but I'm not sure that's possible on PC anymore.

Howz about a left-hand weapon for staff shooting? Could maintain a Darting Assault or Ruthless Mutilation at 200s regen time.

Deathly spears comes to mind as well, as one of the highest regen-time Combat Arts.

regen per hit doesn't work with the cool downs? Bummer, that woulda been really nifty to have something like Acute Mind on whenever you needed it. Obviously you can get the duration to equal the cooldown using the mods and focuses, but having one swing of a hammer recharge the entire CA? Eh, in effort of not blowing the game difficulty out of the water, I guess it's pretty reasonable.

First off, DB... GRATz! :D heya hooyah...another? Someone's on a string... you got any build secrets you want to lay out? :bye:

And I have never seen that kind of RPH.... lol and that was the Legendary I got as well... Furian, great notice! I'm wondering if there are really cool projects that something like this could bring to life...

hmmm

:)

gogo

First off, DB... GRATz! :) heya hooyah...another? Someone's on a string... you got any build secrets you want to lay out? :P

And I have never seen that kind of RPH.... lol and that was the Legendary I got as well... Furian, great notice! I'm wondering if there are really cool projects that something like this could bring to life...

hmmm

:D

gogo

Lol...secrets to legendary hunting..I wish. Only thing I had done different since finding nothing was moving to Gold. Although maybe the EP is working...who knows? Its at ~90-100 on my level 59 dryad.

Hello good players,

I am playing (and really enjoying) Community Patch with Mechanix Omega-TX and look how amazing jewel I found in chest during Diaanja´s Refuge quest in Blood Forest. This one is not on Wiki:-)

gomilsgoldpouch.jpg