Browser games I can play sneakily at work?

muhahahh

:)

Anyone got a list of games they're getting to in a most surreptitious manner? One of my friends asked me about this today...and I realized I how out of touch I was with browser games these days.

Anyone got some good skinny on this inny?

;)

gogo

I've played torpia for a while, pretty fun, you can keep playing as well, it's not done after 10-15 minutes.

http://torpia.com/

Think of it as Age of Empires, you start with one town, you can make a few more villages.

Good side can only produce resources, where Evil can only produce fighters, but Good needs fighters for protection and Evil needs resources to make fighters.

You can also attack other players' towns.

Goal is to collect amulets with your tempel, with these amulets you can make scrolls. These scrolls carry benefits for all the people in your Guild (so there are alliances). Once all scrolls have been made, the game resets for all the players in that world.

Edited by Timotheus

Sweet! This is awesome Timo, Thank you. There are billions of Browser games out there, and I really didn't want to get stuck in one that would have turned out to be a total dead end... I'll give this one a do and try with registering here at home before trying it out at work.

:cry:

gogo

I am playing this one now.

Trenton Made

It has a lot of stuff to do in it. To the point when you can play hangman for cash. Very fun low time needed to play. Building your character is fun and there is a war and peace time game aspect to play.

Astro Empires? Like Ogame, but a bit more complex. Each sector has a number of stars & they can have a number of colonisable planets/moons/asteroids. You need free Energy & population to build more buildings, the economy/prices are based on cash, rather than metal/crystal/deut & you get an amount of cash based on the economy of your empire each hour (rather than your cash increasing every second or however Ogame did it). Each galaxy seems to be structured in a 2d manner & combat sounds like it's as/more complex than Ogame (in terms of what ships are more effective against each other, and you can get carriers & larger ships that have hangers & can carry fighters/bombers).

It's free, but there are some major benefits of "upgrading" your account (anywhere from 4Euros for 1 month to 20 for a year).

Go on Gogo, you know you want to (I'm in the relatively new Helion server).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmm, haven't tried out many browsergames yet..

although I find some of them quite interesting,

so far I found out that in many of them you can't really make much progress and compete if you don't really log on 'hundreds' of times during a day, so this scares me off..

(I dont have much time for gaming atm, so I hate games that 'want' you to login+play frequently enough,

or else you get the feeling you 'miss' too much and can't make progress enough at a competitive level)

Travians caught my attention some months ago, and is the only one I play/logon to an almost frequent/regular basis=two day interval..

this lil browsergame is the more RPG oriented version of....:

...Travian (without the 's' :bounce: , the more strategic variant..

oh, and

Shakes & Fidget looks funny, but this and that it's in german only(?) is all I can tell about it

(uhh, well u see I'm not much into browsergames.. yet..^^)

so, basically I'd be interested in 'em too, just couldn't find and pick the 'right' ones out of this nearly endless and quite unmanageable mass of titles/genres

Edited by Rotluchs
  • 1 month later...

heh, was thinking about that scrappy. But this entire forum and community was built from Ogame...check out our almost now retired section here:

DarkMatters Presents : Ogame!

I think I remembered that some members from the clan were playing it at work... could still be possible...cept that Ogame STOLE MY SOUL FOR TWO YEARS

whew... heh, just had to get that out

:P

gogo