A reason to download Sacred 2 CM Patch?

The mutation sets really would be fast to do. Now when I made one of them I have a psd-file with a template, so doing more of them would be quite fast. So I'll do the seraphim's set, since this disussion started already. By the way, I simply looked at your pics while preparing the ones for this set - so it's not all that outstanding.

And I wonder about this legendary - I don't remember this one being listed in the CM changelogs. It's an amulet and it couldn't drop normally in game. I wonder if it really can drop freely now. There is also a staff of Gruma's name - and this one was bugged and couldn't drop too. I can get it using the blueprint number, but I wonder if it's possible to get it normally.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that with these values in balance.txt:

tier13: 1000

tier14: 750

tier15: 500

I'm not getting any of the mutation set items. However, I am yet to do any bosses yet - just fooling around with a caster Seraphim, trying to discover how quickly I can get her to invulno-status. Maybe they drop like legendaries or tier 12 items? I'll do some boss hunting as well and check it out.

Phenominal work indeed by the CM Team. They're really putting their all into this project. it's amazing to see it grow. And Silver Fox, such a very nice render cutout. You do us proud! :resp:

As for officializing the CM Patch... You'll have to get through the biggest baddest boss ever made. Blizzard, haha.

Blizzard boss, you say? Sounds icy. Must be weak to fire damage then. Time to make a bunch of Pyro HE's and we'll kick that boss to oblivion in no time!

I also think that the CM patch crew are doing phenomenal job. All chars have new stuff, it's worth questing, worth hunting everywhere and everything. This makes the continuous exploration of the map much more fun.

Sheesh, I even got hyped up about a Dryad - and that's the char I never thought I would touch anymore. I really liked the intro and loved the way they drew her and her equipment. I started one and what do I see - nothing of the sort in this game. In my opinion, the dryad is the worst character when it comes to her looks. A Dryad must look sexy forest spirit-like (nothing of the sort), with long legs and slim figure (she has those), items that bring out the best she can offer - like they made the Seraphim and the High Elf. But the Dryad... All her set items are so weird... Detheya's set makes her look like a Roman Centurio, Daerwain's set makes her look like a gypsy, Leaves and Twigs, Call of the Forest and Meho'Sun make her look like an Elven scout - not to mention that those few sets look very much alike. Tendrils of Time makes her look as if she's put a brown full bathing suit with weird shoulders, and eternal flame looks really poor on her - nothing to show that she's a true forest-loving Dryad... And Glyphs of torment... as if I'm meeting a gypsy market seller.

The new mutation set brings the best out of the Dryad. Let's hope I'll get to equip a Dryad with a real one soon :)

Edited by Dobri

I can confirm loco's results - I haven't gotten one of the new set items in-game, and that's assuming I put at least 5 hours today :)

As for officializing the CM Patch... You'll have to get through the biggest baddest boss ever made. Blizzard, haha.

Yah.. Especially with the latest shadow warrior set that was included in the 110 patch.

Looks like these sets need some special conditions to drop. I wonder if they really have something to do with T-energy, since they are the mutation sets. They don't seem to be a quest reward, but something special may be needed.

And by the way, there is nothing wrong with this new SW set. Its creators didn't use any original Blizzard models and I don't remember any laws that prohibit creating a fanart.

Edited by Silver_fox

Looks like these sets need some special conditions to drop. I wonder if they really have something to do with T-energy, since they are the mutation sets. They don't seem to be a quest reward, but something special may be needed.

And by the way, there is nothing wrong with this new SW set. Its creators didn't use any original Blizzard models and I don't remember any laws that prohibit creating a fanart.

True... Though the set, last I checked is still called "Scourge of Lordaeron" and last I checked that was still part of the Warcraft universe.

No special condition, but to make them extra rare (they are tier 14 btw.), I only put them into two out of 4 droplists. So they should be able to get.

But depending on the findings here I think I will include them in the others as well in the next release. :/

And Nyarlathotep is still a part of Lovecraft Mythos. Some item names in Sacred 2 are direct references and nobody minds.

True as well. But Lovecraft's heirs don't have a multi-million dollar, global enterprise to protect. Blizzard, on the other hand, does.

Btw... Shouldn't that bit about Nyarlathotep rate a mention on the misc easter egg page?

No special condition, but to make them extra rare (they are tier 14 btw.), I only put them into two out of 4 droplists. So they should be able to get.

But depending on the findings here I think I will include them in the others as well in the next release. :/

Well, maybe they should stay in those 2 droplists - however, would you tell us which mobs those two droplists cover? I personally like the idea of specific mobs dropping specific items, but it would be nice to know what and where to look for :)

Wouldn't it be a better idea to tone down the other mods on the set and make the sockets the main selling point of the mutation sets instead of leaving them overpowered but extremely rare?

Hell, you could probably remove all mods other than the sockets and the set bonuses and they would probably still be an excellent choice. Would be quite "thematic" as well. The ultimate DIY set.

Seconded!

Also, about those names, it's always good thing to be on the safer side, but I doubt that one thing would rouse anything big. And just remembered that few Shin Megami Tensei games have Nyarlathotep as one of the demons.

So, lots of cross-references here and there. :)

For all I saw, Mutation sets have only 1 modifier per item combined with lots of sockets. Technically, there are no modifiers to tone down - unless you want a 4-socket item with no modifiers whatsoever - however, that will make them underpowered compared to other set items. Let's take Holy Protection vs Mutation armor with low defense, no mods and 4 sockets - Holy Protection always wins, or how about Armantin's Belt vs Mutation belt with 4 sockets and no mods?

It's much better to have a good set that drops rarely and takes a while to get. I also like the idea that it should only drop from certain monsters or bosses. The question is which ones?

I think that the sets are better the way they are. There are a lot of common sets in game and now it lacks some really rare items that would make you look for them. Set items weren't hard to get in the original game, and in CM, when the number of sets increased, they drop quite frequently. More to come, I don't consider them overpowered - the set items are weaker than the unique Officer's Saber (the modifiers aren't golden and not all the sockets are golden either).

And I like the idea of the sets dropping from some specific monsters. They are 'mutation' sets after all, so it would be more logical to get them near t-energy bogs from the mutants, not from some stupid kobold in the middle of Tyr Lysia.

Btw... Shouldn't that bit about Nyarlathotep rate a mention on the misc easter egg page?

yes

Is it the only love craft reference in the game, any more for us t make a love craft Easter Egg? lol there's actually a few new Easter Egg pages we can put up now, like the LOTR which is going to be a lot of fun, I have a long weekend coming up, think I''ll just dig into the goodies this weekend.

:)

gogo

I completely agree with Silver_fox. I'll also check out the T-Energy creatures spawn areas... Hopefully the basic logic behind the set's name is right :)

Oh and... Do we have T-Energy bosses?

Speaking of the seraphim's set, which got its respective page - that was the first time when I paid attention to the set bonus. According to the blueprint settings, all the mutation sets were supposed to have a similar set bonuses. The third and fourth bonuses are quite good, but seraphim is the only character who would see them, since all the others have only 7 items in the set. Maybe it won't be bad to make the third bonus for the 7 items instead of 8?

I completely agree with Silver_fox. I'll also check out the T-Energy creatures spawn areas... Hopefully the basic logic behind the set's name is right :)

Oh and... Do we have T-Energy bosses?

Yah.. There's a few of 'em... One I can think of off the top of my head is the guy in the cave about 1/2 way up the T-Energy swamp area on the way to the Ascaron Offices. His name is Daloriel the Depraved... And if you really wanna challenge, there's 4 more bosses just like him in a cave north of Bluestonbury - provided you're playing the main quest line through Seraphim Island and visit a certain rather perverted librarian and have the latest CM Patch installed.

As I remember, in v110 Marcus allowed the Ancient Secrets quest for the freeplay too. Later I told him that the certain librarian doesn't even show up in freeplay, and it'd be changed in the next versions of CM. But I believe that in v110 the quest is available not only while playing through the main campaign, but in the other game mods too.

Speaking of T-energy bosses, is Gar'Colossus considered one of them, or his race is 'monster'?