A reason to download Sacred 2 CM Patch?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this implemented already, or it will come with the next version of the CM patch?

I'm asking because every char has a mutation set, and it will be fun seeing them all. I really like how you made it - very few modifiers, low armor, but great options for customization.

That looks sweet. Great work silver!

The set...is maybe to customisable...28 sockets:) And the modifiers present are all fairly useful...and seeing as this set can be tailored to any build...but hey, who cares when it looks sooo good ;)

Why not? :P

The new mutation sets are really beautiful. I really like the idea of having a customizable set for each character. To answer my own question - I assume they're not implemented yet. I used the MD-SGM tool Wolfie noted in one of his posts in the downloads section and some chars' mutation sets don't have modifiers yet.

In any case, I commend the CM patch developers on the idea to make a customizable set.

This pic is one of the best renders done in this game. If anything can breathe life and energy into this game for a while, it's work like this.

:)

gogo

p.s. Yeah...let's storm the halls of Deep Silver.... free the patch into closed... free the patch, free the patch! :viking:

All the mutation sets are implemented with v110. They all are completed now, and they all are this way - very customizable sets with few modifiers on the items and few set bonuses. But the certain items that were found before it would remain incomplete. And maybe the ones from cheat databases too (I'm not all that sure that none of the blueprint numbers changed with CM).

By the way, Munera, are you in process with one of the sets? I was going to make a page for seraphim's mutation set too, since it lies in the chest now, but if you're working on them, I can find other things to do.

And thank you for all the praise, gogo. Though there is only one of 7 new sets described now.

Edited by Silver_fox

This pic is one of the best renders done in this game. If anything can breathe life and energy into this game for a while, it's work like this.

gogo

p.s. Yeah...let's storm the halls of Deep Silver.... free the patch into closed... free the patch, free the patch! :viking:

Well.. As much as I'd like to see something like that happen, I just don't see it happening. The CM Patch is an independent project that has nothing to do with Deep Silver. For Deep Silver to use the patch on their closed-net servers, that could open up a large number of problems for them - namely in support, liability and the like. They'd have to take responsibility for it...

Don't get me wrong - I think it would be GREAT to see Marcus and Czevak and the rest of the crew get their due props. And maybe even a small stipend for their efforts. They've done an amazing job fixing many of the niggling little bugs Ascaron left in the code as they breathed their last and went belly up. Not to mention all the goodies they've finished off that Ascaron started work on but never quite got around to finishing off - like throwing potions (aka molotov cocktails), the lightsabers that were pretty much impossible to find previously unless you went through some pretty exacting steps, the new armor sets, the quests that never got finished, the new quests and bosses and other goodies they've included...

At any rate, Open-Net is still an option...

I remember Marcus explaining that sort of stuff some time ago. The only way to ask Deep Silver to apply CM requires to officially register the patch and to get a proper licence. And this procedure would most probably encounter some major troubles. Some things that are allowed to the noncommercial fan-made patch aren't allowed to the registered software. After all, the CM team never got any official agreement that allows them to alter the game files and so on.

I remember Marcus explaining that sort of stuff some time ago. The only way to ask Deep Silver to apply CM requires to officially register the patch and to get a proper licence. And this procedure would most probably encounter some major troubles. Some things that are allowed to the noncommercial fan-made patch aren't allowed to the registered software. After all, the CM team never got any official agreement that allows them to alter the game files and so on.

Add in that Deep Silver would likely not be giving them that license out of the goodness of their hearts. They'd likely be asking an arm, leg and dibs on Marcus and Czevak's first born... There's also the question of licensing other properties - I.e. the lightsabers, the Vaderesque helmet, and so on. I'm likewise guessing Lucas isn't likely to give 'em a free pass either. And his lawyers all worship at the altar of the Dark Side...

Probably best to leave sleeping dogs lie...

Well, what you postulated here is certain and pretty much obvious :) Still, it's free to dream, isn't it? ;)

Silver, I stand corrected. I wrote that before checking up for newer CM patch version. I can see that all set items have their boni. I only saw one very small mistake though - shadow warrior's torso armor is considered a unique item rather than a set item and as such, is out of the set. No problem really, and my guess is that it can be corrected by changing a single value for the type of the item :)

I agree that it'd be better to make a torso item a part of the set. This one is only for SW anyway and I never saw it drop, so it won't change any builds if it'd be made a part of this set. But I'm not the one who deals with the items - I think you should ask czevak to look at it. At the same time there are unique rings which, according to their names, were supposed to be parts of Dryad's and HE's sets - but since they are for everybody at the moment, it won't be good to include them to the sets.

Edited by Silver_fox

Wowwie! Looks goodah!

I was wonderin' what all those Mutation rags in the wiki were.

Deffo makes me go tweak with my Dryad once again. ^^

Too bad, atm, it looks like my other gaming hd is busted.... That where Sacred 2 was. :(

Well.. As much as I'd like to see something like that happen, I just don't see it happening.

Quick everyone, while Wolfie's gone out to buy breakfast...who's with me ... storm the halls ...

STORM THE HALLS OF DEEP SILVER ...YAWGH!

aoc_siege_4.jpg

FREE SACRED 2 FOR CLOSED ... FREE SACRED 2!

:viking:

gogo

I think you have a snowball's chance in hell, but I guess it could not hurt to try. Maybe you can talk a disgruntled, soon to be ex, employee who will hook us up.

BTW, can we get some more tidbits about these mutation sets? For example - what tier are they, are there any special rules that govern their drop, what's the level increment?

Quite honestly, these mutation sets really got me hyped up... I just love making my own equipment the way I see it - so I'm sorry if I'm going too far ahead of myself or sound overly pushy :)

ple - what tier are they, are there any special rules that govern their drop, what's the level increment?

Quite honestly, these mutation sets really got me hyped up... I just love making my own equipment the way

Me too!

This idea is amazing. It's almost like CM Patch Dev team uses this set to transform all sacred 2 gamers into modders

gogo

The only technical info I managed to find about the mutation sets - is that the level increment for all the items seems to be 10. And I'm interested about the condition of their normal drop either. Initially these sets were meant to be special - something like wrappings of mutation. I wonder if they just drop freely now.

Edited by Silver_fox

The only technical info I managed to find about the mutation sets - is that the level increment for all the items seems to be 10. And I'm interested about the condition of their normal drop either. Initially these sets were meant to be special - something like wrappings of mutation. I wonder if they just drop freely now.

I played my CM dryad for about 20 levels last night with a balance file set to drop sets/uniques with just about every kill, and didn't see a single mutation set piece. I wonder as Dobri does what tier they may be. Perhaps lower than sets.

I will try tonight with a normal balance file and do some bosses over and over and see if I can get a piece to drop.

@ silver

Well, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the exams (have philosophy tomorrow and literature the day after tomorrow). Damn I don't know why do I have to learn those things! I'm in the scientific side! lol This means I won't be free until Thursday. Since the only differences between these mutation sets are the names and the appearance, they will be faster to do than normal sets. But I don't know if I'll be able to equal your quality ^^

There's also another legendary item from Cm patch that isnt in the wiki yet. I can send it to you so that all the pictures look the same or just do it myself, whatever you want. It's called "Gruma's [something]" and it gives damage mitigation. Btw did you see that pm I sent to you?