Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows II

http://www.youtube.com/embed/5NYt1qirBWg

I have been waiting for this movie to come with great expectation. it's looks like it will be epic.

I picked up Deathly Hallows part 1 when it came out on dvd this spring. I had seen all the movies 1-6 but I guess I never paid very close attention to the details. Having not read the book yet, it seemed to lose me a little. So I went back and watched them all 1-7 back to back over the course of a week. I was hooked, so I watched them again. Still having so many unanswered questions I went out and bought the whole set of books on paperback from Amazon for $50. And began reading with intensity. A month later, with books 1-6 done I was half way through book 7 and caught up to the movies. I must say, as is true with almost every movie/book, the books are better. Although with the visuals of the movies in my head (characters faces, Hogwarts, Quiditch, etc) I enjoyed the books way more.
  • Like! 1

I've still not seen part 1 yet.

I bought the dvd, lent it to my parents to watch first, as I was very busy at the time................only to find that my dad sold it on ebay ! Can you believe it ?! I'm still waiting for him to buy me one back.............but I'm not holding my breath.

At this rate, I may as well buy it again.

I don't think I'll be in any rush to lend them a dvd again, lol !

I saw the first six at the theater. For me, #'s 5 and 6 were such stinkers, I waited for 7-1 to make it to video and rented it. They did a great job on that one. It was nowhere near the overly long, painful ordeal the book was. I immediately checked the release date for part 2 and will most likely see it at the theater.

I saw the first six at the theater. For me, #'s 5 and 6 were such stinkers, I waited for 7-1 to make it to video and rented it. They did a great job on that one. It was nowhere near the overly long, painful ordeal the book was. I immediately checked the release date for part 2 and will most likely see it at the theater.

books 5,6 and 7 definitely take a dark and sort of sad turn.( But I couldn't put them down until the end) 1-4 were the fun ones for me.

My problem with books 5 & 6 was that Harry turned into a whiny little brat, reminded me of the new Star Wars films.

I put book 7 back on the shelf, unfinished, several times. It was just that so many pages were devoted to nothing. If you put book 7 beside book 1 and ripped enough pages out of the center of book 7 to make it the size of book 1, it would have been great.

I can say that having grown up with Harry Potter I am looking to the last movie with much relish. Me and some mates are actually going out to dinner the night before it comes out and then watching the midnight session when it comes out. Its not something I would normally, but since someone organized it I decided why not :)

I guess it is kind of the end of an era, from 1997 for book 1 through 2011 for 7-2 movie.

It was not that long for me, since I got in between books 4 & 5.

the first book, made a huge impact on me when I read it. My cousin had just picked it up (he loves taking all his lunches at the book store near his office). It was a small, thickish, square book, unusual shape, pleasantly heavy. It looked so childy, I really didn't want to read it, but he was insistent. After the first few pages, I was hooked completely. The book's imaginative creations reminded me so much of Frank L. Baum's series, The Wizard of Oz, where Dorothy and her friends used to travel around the country side, saving people, and deposing evil kings. That land that Baum created years back was full of nice little surprises that showcased magic as craft,

(lunch pail tree, filled with slices of steaming roast beef and gravy, buttered toast, and chilled gooseberry pie!)

Return_to_Oz___Lunch_Pail_Tree_by_dan_arbro.jpg

As a kid, I could never get enough of it.

I think I tried to keep up with the books after that, was devout to the second and third, but something happened along the way after that, and I found myself passing my copy over to my mom, e'en whilst I was halfway through it, just because she had wanted to read it. And with that, the passing of that book, my reading stopped, but I kept on watching the movies, though in DVD not theatre. 7 -1 and 2 are special though, I'm making as much effort as possible to see them in big screen, I did enjoy the magical battles in the last Potter movie, hoping it keeps momentum for the finale.

:)

gogo

I'm a big Harry Potter fan, mostly the books, not so fond of the movies. I usually go and watch them at the big screen. so far no one wants to go and see another one with me, because I know the books of by heart, I can't help but comment on every change the films make to the story. Deathly hallows part 1 was pretty accurate and I only had one or two complaints. In the 6th book where Dumbledore dies, that was the closest I've come to crying while reading a book.

Delta!

I tried to jump onto the Harry Potter bandwagon when book 4 came out. (Long before the movies). My roommate's boyfriend's kids were loaning the books to my roommate... and she LOVED the books (and the kids).

I tried reading book 1... but the child abuse hit a bit too close to home (my Mom's childhood was much fun, my was fine.)

When the first movie came out, I got caught up in the excitement and ending up going to a midnight showing. Midnight! We all enjoyed the movie (I had to grit my teeth for the first bit...but once they got to Hogwarts I was ok).

I like the books, especially the early ones. My favourite 2 things about them was the magic, and the realistic children's voices. It really helped the author to be around children of the correct age.

Looking forward to the conclusion in film form. :)

Number six's magical battle is probably the best ever filmed in movies. ooooh, I hope this last installment does it justice

gogo

Number six's magical battle is probably the best ever filmed in movies. ooooh, I hope this last installment does it justice

gogo

I agree, the end of Order of the Phoenix is by far the best battle scene yet.

I've replayed that scene countless times. The way the camera moves along the side of Dumbledore as he's engaged in magical combat with robes a flutter and brickery exploding all about them, captivates me.

I especially love Voldemart's sinister laugh as his fiery snake is born and cast out towards DumbleDore.

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

lol

u had me so excited when you posted this, I was off and running thinking I had forgotten to plan for HP, then remembered we're only getting it on the 15th!

:4rofl:

Was it fun?

gogo

Can't wait! I thought part 1 was really good, stayed to the book better than any of the other movies.

Delta!

Yes, it was good :) It was really emotive, stayed close enough to the book like part 1, although was perhaps a little less true as there were alot of explanations cut out that had to be dealt with in other ways. All in all though, good fun :)

Yes, it was good :) It was really emotive, stayed close enough to the book like part 1, although was perhaps a little less true as there were alot of explanations cut out that had to be dealt with in other ways. All in all though, good fun :)

Will a HARDCORE book fanatic (I can quote the books) be satisfied? or should I take along my axe and tear down the cinema? :butcher:

Will a HARDCORE book fanatic (I can quote the books) be satisfied? or should I take along my axe and tear down the cinema? :butcher:

I'd say so, I've read all the books a time or few too many and didn't have any issues with what was changed. For me, it seemed to hit all the correct checkpoints at the times with the right emotions and stuff. It had people clapping every now and again when some things happened...little over the top in my opinion, its only a movie, but its peoples right to express themselves...

watched it in 3D this morning, wasn't dissapointed, it is my 2cnd favourite one of the HP series, Part 1 being my favourite.

*spoiler* the part where Neville blows up the bridge and he hangs on the ledge, climbing back up,*spoiler* I was hoping he will say "fly you fools!"

Delta!

Originally my sister had donated the books (at that time maybe 3 were out) for my daughter to read. I ended up reading them first and buying all the subsequent ones. At first they were a bit childish though still a good read but the last few books took a darker turn. Same with the movies. Have loved all the books and movies so far and will probably see Part II today. Shame this is it as far as the series goes.

Me, friends, family, we're all gonna see it tomorrow...cheapie day... PACKED... we're even having to split ourselves up so we all get into one sitting, but we've made sure we're in popcorn throwing distance from each other.

I haven't seen a movie in a packed theatre in a while, this is gonna be grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

gogo