The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

We can never be 100% sure on the queststates, since they are sometimes troublesome and marcus changed a lot with this release (most of which is tested). However Marcus will happily fix anything that gets broken. Isn't that so marcus? :P

You can make a backup of your savegames to be on the absolute safe side. (Then you can try the cm patch and remove it again if any gamebreaker Questissue shows up. Copy'n'Paste back your backup and you can play like nothing happened. But I doubt you will need it.)

I try... most issues were broken quest from the original game, wich could be fixed with the cm patch. Nevertheless, there is no guarantee that everything will work fine, so a backup of your chars is highly recommended.

As long as I work on the cm-patch I had several issues with my early betas, not knowing what goes on. Meanwhile with the help of several tools and syntax checkers running while generating each new step I never had this problem again.

Sometimes I use disabled quest or simple tests to solve an issue. Well, Sacred2 saves all the states of the quests, accepted or not. So it may happen that a redesigned quest misbehaves - especially to the early "explorers" (you also may call them cheaters) who went to the testareas and played some of the quite simple quests there. Because Sacred2 remembers this, you may get into problems with the cm-patch now. By the way, we've cleaned the testing areas completely. No quests, no backdoors, no spawns, no enemies, nothing.

In the following versions I'll get rid of even more stuff thats implemented, but not used. I'm not disabling anymore, I'm cutting out. That keeps files smaller. Also functions with different names but nearly the same functionality are reduced to only one. So at least the script-code gets smaller and with this more maintainable. But I still have several unsolved issues, especially with timed killquest and in-between-saves. As Sacred was designed only to save at the stones or with solving/losing quests the F7-savegames sometimes don't continue where they've been saved. So that's another reason to have one backup more...

CU Marcus

Fixed mysterious One-Hits in Crystal Planes between 2nd and 4th Soulstone.

Just curious, what was the reason behind these 1-hits, reflect or some bugged Leech Life damage?

And secondly, was it only the boars that caused the bug to trigger?

Just curious, what was the reason behind these 1-hits, reflect or some bugged Leech Life damage?

Great Question :P If we have some insight to how it was fixed, we may be able to play there in closed net and avoid the pitfalls if we know what to look for.

Many Thanks very appreciated by myself for this update.

I did have an installation hiccup occur with the balance.txt file 7 iteminfo.txt files, these had been modified by me. Run the disable function and same thing. Put original files back and run it and it works. :pitcher:

Ok I had to then manually edit in the changes I wanted ; Character Speeds, Drop Rates, No "Bard" and Item Inventory Space ".

I believe that if you've done some minor changes to some files then you could have problems with install as I believe this install needs clean install files to work with. Please correct myself if this is wrong also I believe the brilliant other two mods on offer could now have issues if applied after this or could cause issues can this be confirmed by anyone.

Finally would the SP and MP version of ciSacred Mod be still compatible with Community Mod version 0080. ?

A big AND ... Both This Community Mod and CiSacred Mod are brilliant work that totally enhances the play of Sacred IB any possibility of being combined into one patch install for SP and MP LAN and then sent too DeepSilver for Hardcore.

Edited by Groosum
Version 0080 is up!

As always look for it in the first post of this Thread.

Changelog (besides Quests):

• Scarabs have correct attack and defense values now.
  • Elite-Coboldhunters give correct amount of experience.
  • Pandamoniums Pride: fixed wrong bonus of helmet, switched setboni for 3 and 8 pieces.
  • White Griffon and Facetteleon got reset to orginial state (One-Hits).
  • Middle and Large Healing-Potion can be bought at the traders; they heal and stack now properly.
  • Reduced the number and improved the quality of shields at traders.
  • Removed stray Enemies in unaccessible regions.
  • Weakened the Envoy of Death Boss of the Quest "The Lost Crypt".
  • Defense Bonus of Endijians Wings is now correctly based on Shieldlore.
  • Adornments of the Ancestors (HE) now has LL%.
  • Problem of paralyzed toons with Gar'Colossus, Scorpion, Khral, Carnach, Octagolamus and some others has been fixed.
  • HE: Duration of "Raging Nimbus" now extends with Level.
  • Dryad: "Tangled Vine" got slightly hinger Basedamage. Life reg of "Goldenglade Touch" has been slightly reduced.
  • Reactivated death animation of all Bosses.
  • Amended wrong dropchances of some Set Items.
  • Complete makeover of Gar'Colossus. His CAs now work properly for the first time ever. Added a little gimmick. Have Fun. :agreed:
  • Fixed an animationproblem of the DM when wielding a 2H Sword and casting Morph-Spells.
  • Fixed mysterious One-Hits in Crystal Planes between 2nd and 4th Soulstone.
  • Fixed an exploit with Drayd and Dragonmage.
  • With the implementation of the new Boss "Failitia", all shrinkheads can finally drop ingame.
  • Traps at the Big Machine and in the Crystal Planes now give experience.
  • Accidentally buffed Enemies in 0070 have been reverted to original state.

Great work from you two. Awesome stuff you and Marcus have been doing. Any chance you can let us know what/where the new boss Failitia is and also what was the exploit the Dryad and Dragonmage had?

Great Question :pitcher: If we have some insight to how it was fixed, we may be able to play there in closed net and avoid the pitfalls if we know what to look for.

PS...Im wondering about this too. What was the reason for this and was it easy to fix?

I believe that if you've done some minor changes to some files then you could have problems with install as I believe this install needs clean install files to work with.

Exactly.

Finally would the SP and MP version of ciSacred Mod be still compatible with Community Mod version 0080. ?

Good question... I don't pay attention to the mods. Most of them are eyecandy, some are "language xyz only" and some others do not match our intentions, e.g. editing balance.txt to get more xp etc. Who uses this stuff has to get along with problems resulting from this on his own. In general the cm patch and the mods should co-exists. Best rule is: deactivate the mods, uninstall the old cm, install the new cm, re-activate the mods.

Both This Community Mod and CiSacred Mod are brilliant work that totally enhances the play of Sacred IB any possibility of being combined into one patch install for SP and MP LAN and then sent too DeepSilver for Hardcore.

No, never. This means to have a professional QA to have a look on our work. That won't happen.

CU Marcus

Thank you for the new version, the 1st thing I did was go to crystal plains so I hope you have fixed that 1 shot, or I may regret my going there. Next I might revisit the earth lord, last time I was there my attacks just bounced off. :sick:

Good question... I don't pay attention to the mods. Most of them are eyecandy, some are "language xyz only" and some others do not match our intentions, e.g. editing balance.txt to get more xp etc. Who uses this stuff has to get along with problems resulting from this on his own. In general the cm patch and the mods should co-exists. Best rule is: deactivate the mods, uninstall the old cm, install the new cm, re-activate the mods.

ciSacred is pure eye-candy. It jazzes up a couple of the item set graphics, makes the High Elf slightly less horse-faced, changes the looks of the interface. It does also change the hated Ancient Bark graphic though.

Many Thanks very appreciated by myself for this update.

I did have an installation hiccup occur with the balance.txt file 7 iteminfo.txt files, these had been modified by me. Run the disable function and same thing. Put original files back and run it and it works. :sick:

Ok I had to then manually edit in the changes I wanted ; Character Speeds, Drop Rates, No "Bard" and Item Inventory Space ".

I believe that if you've done some minor changes to some files then you could have problems with install as I believe this install needs clean install files to work with. Please correct myself if this is wrong also I believe the brilliant other two mods on offer could now have issues if applied after this or could cause issues can this be confirmed by anyone.

A big AND ... Both This Community Mod and CiSacred Mod are brilliant work that totally enhances the play of Sacred IB any possibility of being combined into one patch install for SP and MP LAN and then sent too DeepSilver for Hardcore.

LazyTomcat has posted an update to make the ciSacred Mod compatible with the CM-patch. teh topic is here: ciSacred Mod

@Spunky,loco and DB: The issue with the One-Hits in the crystal plains, emerged from the crystal boars. There was one out of three types of crystal boars that had a way too high reflection bonus (modifier value = 1000 instead of 100!). I cannot tell how this boartype looks exactly, I just fixed it.

There may still be a cryptic death problem in the area with toons just "falling" to the ground like dead, even when just standing around and no attacking monsters. I don't know what causes this, and I have never experienced it myself. I just heard of it happening.

@gogo: To find Failitias Dungeon on the Map, you have to pay visit or have visited the Grunwald Dragon. Then look around on your Worldmap. :sick:

@neuromantik: With resetting to "original state" I meant reverting him to his state he had when playing with a unchanged Ice&Blood Installation.

Edited by czevak

Brilliant patch, thanks guys. It's a pity though that Enhanced Perception can't be redone so that it works a bit better than it does, and not have to be taken as second choice in the general skills tab.

Brilliant patch, thanks guys. It's a pity though that Enhanced Perception can't be redone so that it works a bit better than it does, and not have to be taken as second choice in the general skills tab.

What is exactly the problem with Enhanced Perception?

On different news: Has anyone encountered Failitia and lived to tell the tale yet? :)

Well, I tested the patch to see if I could find Failitia, but when installing the patch said a couple of files could not be found (surface.txt and spells.txt) and skipped those two. However it did finish the install of the patch. So I went to kill the grunwald dragon and have a look at my world map and didnt notice anything. Is it meant to be obvious?

Edit: And trying the scriptcleaner to fix this it gives the following error: "S2Scriptcleaner could not be located on the system or is the wrong version. Please install again and try this patch again" or something like that.

Edited by Dragon Brother
Well, I tested the patch to see if I could find Failitia, but when installing the patch said a couple of files could not be found (surface.txt and spells.txt) and skipped those two. However it did finish the install of the patch. So I went to kill the grunwald dragon and have a look at my world map and didnt notice anything. Is it meant to be obvious?

Edit: And trying the scriptcleaner to fix this it gives the following error: "S2Scriptcleaner could not be located on the system or is the wrong version. Please install again and try this patch again" or something like that.

Well if it skipped spells.txt Failitia wouldn't work properly anyway, since she got a load of new spells. The Mapicon for Failitia it is more or less obvious, since it is a small boss pictogram, like the ones for Gar'Colossus, Octogolamus and the other main bosses... :)

On the scriptcleaner error: Did you by any chance delete or rename the keymap.jpg from your Sacred 2 Fallen Angel folder? I used this file as keyfile for the versioning, since it never changed during Ice & Blood history.

I dont remember seeing that file at all. And when I search in the S2FA folder the only .jpg's are the loading screen images (background_0 to _9), sacred2.jpg and drache.jpg. I havent dont anything at all to any picture files...is it in one of the zip files?

I dont remember seeing that file at all. And when I search in the S2FA folder the only .jpg's are the loading screen images (background_0 to _9), sacred2.jpg and drache.jpg. I havent dont anything at all to any picture files...is it in one of the zip files?

It should be present in the root folder of Sacred 2, not in any sub-folder. (eg. Programs\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2\)

Please give a list of the files you have in that folder. Maybe it is different in differently localized distributions...

EDIT: Just checked, there are german annotation on the keymap.jpg, so it is lilely it might be different on int. versions. *doh*

Do you have any files at all in that folder, that I could use for an updated int. scriptcleaner?

Edited by czevak

There are two pictures, drache.jpg and sacred2.jpg, the readme (readme.txt and readme.html) and some auto updater files, Sacred2Updater.exe and Sacred2Updater.dat. I'm pretty sure that the two pictures have been there unchanged since the intial release of the game if thats what you're looking for. And the rest is just the folders with everything else to do with the game.

There are two pictures, drache.jpg and sacred2.jpg, the readme (readme.txt and readme.html) and some auto updater files, Sacred2Updater.exe and Sacred2Updater.dat. I'm pretty sure that the two pictures have been there unchanged since the intial release of the game if thats what you're looking for. And the rest is just the folders with everything else to do with the game.

Hmm..guess I will have to change the scriptcleaner keyfile to drache.jpg then. Oh well..back to the drawing board. :)

Sorry I haven't been able to post here, got a bit busy. Anyway I tryed running the Blood Forest Quest with the new release and the quest still drops at the Derelict Estates after killing the 3 waves. Also I ran into the issue with the Poison Lord where my keyboard froze up but I was able to manually (with mouse) select combat arts and weapons but the hot keys on the keyboard wouldn't work until I killed him.

Loving the new release. Haven't made it to Failitia yet.

On different news: Has anyone encountered Failitia and lived to tell the tale yet? :D

I guess I was under the impression that it didn't work all that well, seeing as no-one but no-one was taking it in their builds, and they were all saying that it was no good taking it. But no the less it would be good if it could be taken as a first general skill and not have to pump points into anther skill just to get it.

On different news: Has anyone encountered Failitia and lived to tell the tale yet? :D

I guess I was under the impression that it didn't work all that well, seeing as no-one but no-one was taking it in their builds, and they were all saying that it was no good taking it. But no the less it would be good if it could be taken as a first general skill and not have to pump points into anther skill just to get it.

Enhanced perception can be chosen as a first tier general skill by some characters although I cant tell you what they are off the top of my head except for the dryad. And EP does work, however if youve been reading through the legendary hunting focused threads, the general consensus seems to be that it doesnt help find them. For general grinding/mob killing EP does work fine, however players choose to neglect it for various means, some of which could be that sets are pretty common anyway, they already have a large stash of them, they have a bargaining network to outfit them and just dont see the point of putting points into a skill that wont benefit them. It really comes down to how you want to play, but EP itself is not broken if thats what you were wondering about, it does work as intended.

And just let us know when you get it fixed up czevak :) Looks like my files could do with some fixing if they wont cm-patch properly.

Edited by Dragon Brother