The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Description of this quest says: 1 - 3 - 6 Enemies, not more.

But there are several scripts around this quest, so perhaps (my guess) enemies are respawning until you kill the "Master of the group".

CU Marcus

Hmm, that 1-3-6 sounds right, but when I've done the quest before, it's ONLY that amount of demons, and there have never been respawning monsters.

This time, even at the first stage, there was the "1" strong ass demon and then 5 or so other smaller demons. At the second stage I was overwhelmed...I'll try to do this again and take a screenshot if possible. When I was at the second stage, the "3" quest demons were virtually unbeatable, they hardly took any damage from my attacks.

Edit: I guess I can't do this anymore :D

Since I saved and exited while I was in the arena, to continue the quest, I have to go back to that little island arena, and the person that gives the quest is not on Seraphim Island, oh well.

Edited by cloudblade70
Hmm, that 1-3-6 sounds right, but when I've done the quest before, it's ONLY that amount of demons, and there have never been respawning monsters.

This time, even at the first stage, there was the "1" strong ass demon and then 5 or so other smaller demons. At the second stage I was overwhelmed...I'll try to do this again and take a screenshot if possible. When I was at the second stage, the "3" quest demons were virtually unbeatable, they hardly took any damage from my attacks.

Edit: I guess I can't do this anymore :thumpsup:

Since I saved and exited while I was in the arena, to continue the quest, I have to go back to that little island arena, and the person that gives the quest is not on Seraphim Island, oh well.

Can you describe how the demons look that are spawned? I think this might be related to the new quest we implemented...marcus, please crosscheck the cids of the killtargets...ohh nevermind...I'll just type an report about this.

EDIT: Problem is found and will be fixed in the next release. Thank you for reporting this.

Edited by czevak

Just ran this this Quest on niobium. I must say it was at the least very exciting. I read this post proir to trying it out so I was a bit ready but OH my. What a wrecking crew. I did survive all three waves, but I sure took a break in between each of them to let my heart rate come back to normal.

One of the Demons I have never seen before... had like a Gun Metal blue color and was much bigger than the others.

One of the Demons I have never seen before... had like a Gun Metal blue color and was much bigger than the others.

Yes he is the big bad chief boss of the Dark Rituals Quest we recently unlocked. I pimped him a bit to make it a challenge. Now we found out he is used in every wave of this quest as killtarget, which was of course never intended. We found and fixed it already. With the next release everything is back peachy. :bounce:

Try to find the nice Dark Rituals Quest, which is located somewhere in the orc Region...questreward is a wonderful new item, nowhere else to be found ingame. :)

Very nice... got me almost to not go to bed and pull an all nighter, Then I remembered my partner at work won't be there. Bahhh real life . Any ways I've been grinding this CM patch all weekend and have found/suspect a few things. Please keep in mind that this is the first Single Player campaign I've done on PC. I usually play HC Closed - Net.

1) Are there supposed to be Harpies in the Orc lands near the Octogamus area? Never seen them before on Xbox or PC.

2)Are there supposed to be Harpies and Elementals in the Octogamus Lair?

3)I have found an unique amulet and a ring that have no stats. Just the name and the level. Denvera's Talisman and Urtak's Sparkle.

4)Here is a good one. When I was in the Human Outpost in the dragon tunnels I had activated the monolith there. Shut game off and when I came back in I appeared at the latest Monolith as is supposed to happen but my mounts are there with me. I was able to hop on my Hound and run about the Human Settlement. Scared the residents and nocking all the beer over. That cost me a few gold pieces to replace. Imported beer is expensive. But I'm forgiven, Gulden Draak will always help calm them down.

Furian, the mount thing always happens in single player. so that is nothing special, if you save in a cave and then restart the game you have your mount in the cave, until you leave the cave and call for him somewhere else, that is.

2)Are there supposed to be Harpies and Elementals in the Octogamus Lair?

I've seen some elementals already, but never any harpies.

Harpies seems here for the Dark Rituals quest. :)

I'm testing it myself, and I've nothing in questbook & no quest-marker on map.

I've finished the quest. Good one :bounce:

Edited by Woody

So there were no dialogs for the entire Quest? This would mean the german global.res has a different version state (missing some pieces of translation) than the english one. Damn...

The Harpies and Elementals are there for the Dark Rituals quest, yes. Sometimes they slip over to octo, we may have to tweak the sector spawns a little bit...

Edited by czevak

So there were no dialogs for the entire Quest? This would mean the german global.res has a different version state (missing some pieces of translation) than the english one. Damn...

Yup, I've nothing in the questbook of the french-version, expect the next step to go of the quest (like talking to : xxx, etc...)

NPCs don't say anything : I click on them and the quest continue without displaying any text-box.

I got the legendary reward, a good one. :)

Edited by Woody

I've been searching the orclands high and low and have not found a new quest marker yet. I've started doing and have almost all of the quests I can find in the orc region completed, thinking that it might be an add-on to an existing quests but still no luck finding anything like what Woody is describing.

Edited by Furian67
I've been searching the orclands high and low and have not found a new quest marker yet. I've started doing and have almost all of the quests I can find in the orc region completed, thinking that it might be an add-on to an existing quests but still no luck finding anything like what Woody is describing.

You can find the NPC in a graveyard nearby Black Oaks :)

http://www.maplib.net/static.php?id=6936&a...&height=500

http://www.maplib.net/static.php?id=6936&a...&height=500

Edited by Woody

Well, that was an interesting quest :) Takes you all over the map. Like woody, I couldnt see any text boxes when clicking on the questgivers. Was a bit freaky at the end just before the quest finished because I thought I was gonna have to fight the boss thing with my low level TG, but then it disappeared so I guess the whole aim of the quest was to summon it. Nice legendary you get too. Great work on the quest, if you can get the dialogue up and running it would be awesome!

PS. Is there any way to see the dialogue I missed while running the quest? Ie from the files you stored it in Marcus/Czevak?

Edited by Dragon Brother
Well, that was an interesting quest :) Takes you all over the map. Like woody, I couldnt see any text boxes when clicking on the questgivers. Was a bit freaky at the end just before the quest finished because I thought I was gonna have to fight the boss thing with my low level TG, but then it disappeared so I guess the whole aim of the quest was to summon it. Nice legendary you get too. Great work on the quest, if you can get the dialogue up and running it would be awesome!

PS. Is there any way to see the dialogue I missed while running the quest? Ie from the files you stored it in Marcus/Czevak?

Until we figured out the global.res there is no way to edit the dialogs into the int. versions. The dialogs we have for the german global.res seem to be missing in yours. (This was a unfinished quest we unlocked and made doable.)

The plot is as follows:

The first questgiver is afraid they may have accidentally summoned a terrible demon (its called "Succubus" in case that one did not make it into translation either), insert the standard wipe-out-the-world-ploy here.

You try to defeat it, but you were not able to, since in the last second of fighting him it teleports away.

You are then sent out on quests to collect eremites and the ingredients they need to "tame" the demon in a dark ritual.

The finale, after you collected the "Basket of demonic Sweets" is the ritual marcus scripted from scratch. As reward for helping, you recieve the legendary and are made honorary member of the "Order of Sakkara". (You character figures Sakkara must be a very high level Demon unknowing that he might have helped creating/harnessing him in this very quest...)

Edited by czevak

I think I did see someone new when I came out of the cave in that grave yard. I clicked on him then he didn't talk to me and I didn't notice any marks anywhere. Hmm wonder if there is a way to go back and "continue" somehow.

Due to various reasons (like having to start the game all over twice), I haven't delved deep into the secrets of Ancaria yet, but after having read all the replies to this thread, it appears that while fixing many issues with the game, the CM patch has also introduced others. So what I am asking here is, when we will have a new version of the patch available for downloading? No hurry, though. Take your time. I am just wondering when/where exactly I will encounter more problems caused by the CM patch? The first one was "Tutorial: Hirelings", and marcuswob mentioned that there are three other quests that might suffer from the same issues...

Until we figured out the global.res there is no way to edit the dialogs into the int. versions. The dialogs we have for the german global.res seem to be missing in yours. (This was a unfinished quest we unlocked and made doable.)

The plot is as follows:

The first questgiver is afraid they may have accidentally summoned a terrible demon (its called "Succubus" in case that one did not make it into translation either), insert the standard wipe-out-the-world-ploy here.

You try to defeat it, but you were not able to, since in the last second of fighting him it teleports away.

You are then sent out on quests to collect eremites and the ingredients they need to "tame" the demon in a dark ritual.

The finale, after you collected the "Basket of demonic Sweets" is the ritual marcus scripted from scratch. As reward for helping, you recieve the legendary and are made honorary member of the "Order of Sakkara". (You character figures Sakkara must be a very high level Demon unknowing that he might have helped creating/harnessing him in this very quest...)

I wondered why the succubus didnt drop anything when I killed him. I did think that I was going to have to fight the sakkara demon at the end so I was rather surprised when he just disappeared. So it was a good Sakkara demon was it?

Nice work on the script for the summoning, that looked very flashy :4rofl:

So what I am asking here is, when we will have a new version of the patch available for downloading? No hurry, though. Take your time. I am just wondering when/where exactly I will encounter more problems caused by the CM patch? The first one was "Tutorial: Hirelings", and marcuswob mentioned that there are three other quests that might suffer from the same issues...

Right, with the 0070 we had some errors wich were not found due to limited testing capacity. All known ones are fixed since 0074, and 0076 is available for the testers. The plan is to release the new CM-patch with version 0080, but now in 0076 there are several quests unlocked to review. In 0078 I'll try to fix most of then, so we can make a decision for the coming 0080.

To make myself clear:

I won't send anybody outside the testing staff these versions. My at-work-version 0077 beta 1 now will be available for nobody, because it's pure trial-and-error.

Nice work on the script for the summoning, that looked very flashy :4rofl:

It took me about one week of repositioning and scripting on that one.

I wondered why the succubus didnt drop anything when I killed him. I did think that I was going to have to fight the sakkara demon at the end so I was rather surprised when he just disappeared. So it was a good Sakkara demon was it?

Let me say it this way... perhaps you remember this:

CU Marcus

CU Marcus

lol So the sakkara demon was definitely not good, just summoned well and couldnt break free? That makes sense.

CU Marcus

lol So the sakkara demon was definitely not good, just summoned well and couldnt break free? That makes sense.

Totally awesome video brings back memories inspires myself to considering installing Sacred again .. still a great intro vid in many ways like it better. And 'marcuswob' thanks for the stuff that's going on with the CM patch.

Me I love what's been done with this CM-Patch despite the inconvenient mishaps in the game.

My question surrounds the New unlocked quests and the future builds will these be a go for Eng localized language versions ? I now regret not learning another language at school, particularly German at this moment in time.

I am not sure if I have said it, but this is awesome.

Great effort to all involved.

That said, the link for the 'Sacred 2 Launcher' is not working :S

Edited by dreeft
That said, the link for the 'Sacred 2 Launcher' is not working :S

Just keep in mind that we usually work and discuss in the german forum, so for downloads always look at http://forum.sacred-game.com/showpost.php?...amp;postcount=1 for the latest versions (behind the spoiler buttons). I think you can imagine what "Download Sacred2 Launcher", "Download ScriptCleaner-Tool" and "http://xmas.ancaria.net/cm-patch.zip" could mean without studying german language :gun2:

My question surrounds the New unlocked quests and the future builds will these be a go for Eng localized language versions ? I now regret not learning another language at school, particularly German at this moment in time.

Errr, yes and no. To unlock the quests and items is not language-dependent, that's why the cm-patch works with other versions than the german one in the first place. But when it comes to the questbook, dialogs and descriptions, we're stuck. There's the "locale"-folder inside the Sacred2-installation with a few descriptions in plain text, but the main database global.res is kind of encrypted. That's where our possibilities end.

CU Marcus