The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

The quest with the bad guys on the bridge is called "Bandits" in the en_UK version...

I have seen some odditites there as well. Last time I went through the area, I wound up having to fight - and kill the baddies - without so much as having a chat with them first. Then again, my save game seems to have serious issues.

Yes, there are several quests named nearly the same, sepecially in german... quite confusing.

I guess the quest you're referring to is "Holdup" = "Ограбление" (222), north-west of Thylysium, where you have to save a woman from three robbers and take her to Thylysium.

The one on the bridge is called "Bandits" = "Разбойники" (224).

Red rings do not necassarily result from failing quests, they can be a result of your decisions.

Example: the little bear north of Sloeford (a tutorial)

If you take him in the cove, you've got two options. 1) take him to the girl immidiately (he'll stay there) or 2) take him with you into the humans area (he'll stay with you even if you visit the girl later on). So one of these paths will lead to a green ring on the map, the other will lead to a red one, depending on your decision.

This goes for more than this one quest. East of Thylysium there are four red rings. These result from four hidden killquests: On the way back to Thylysium together with the trader from the nearby farm, you encounter 4 robberies. If you kill all the attackers, the ring will go green, if you ignore them and let them live, the ring will go red as soon as you say goodbye to the trader in Thylysium.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Beware of the long reply!

Well, I understood about decision markers. Actually I supposed something like that but still wanted to note you. Especially because they appear only after installing community patch. They are hidden in original 2.65.1. And I supposed that they may unpleasantly surprise some people who suddenly see them. There is no common explanation for this rings in game, so their appearance may lead to misunderstanding. After all you can't explain this fact to every player personally, like you did to me.

But there are really some issues with quests besides that. And sadly one of them is a bug of the community patch. That is the one about the 'Bandits' ('Разбойники') quest. After patch installation this quest is marked as successfully completed to all characters that never tried to take this quest.

For example e325c3dfcca1t.jpg and map is explored only so far bc9b6e971ff6t.jpg

I hope it's clear that the character never was in the area.

I tried this character before installing the patch and his quest log was normal. After patch installation this record appeared.

By the way, that quest was bugged in the original 2.65.1 too but in different way. Strangely in 2.43 it was completely OK. But anyway in 2.65.1 there are 2 entries in the quest log. One called 'Разбойники' and the other one called 'Бандиты' (yes, this is exactly the word that means 'Bandits' in russian). The second one is marked failed and its text is empty. It also shows your current location as the map fragment.

Like this 08ce3843b782t.jpg

I suppose it's the entry for the second solution of this quest (kill bandits). But why did it appear all of sudden?

And the second noticed bugged quest (in both original and community-patched versions) is already mentioned 'Plentiful Harvest' ('Обильный урожай'). The trouble is that if you didn't kill the robbers this quest would be considered failed even if the trader is alive and happy. By the way this thing was also normal in 2.43 when I tried it last time.

And the quest log is just strange 1872a7b40bcdt.jpg

I doubt you can understand it, but though the quest is failed its text on the right page says it was completed successfully.

Actually I always completed this quest without fighting robbers. Just because I immediately decided that a small passage behind the Inquisition Temple would be much faster and safer way to lead the trader to the city.

Terribly sorry for the long comment. I'm still not sure where I should report such things.

P.S. Just wanted to say that if you provide me with texts to translate, I would complete it before the new year starts. I think I would be offline right after the New Year Day. So if you need this translation in January, I'd better do it now.

Edited by Silver_fox

Sorry for being such an annoying self-proclaimed beta-tester again. Just wanted to show you some things.

First of all, I got a lightsaber that made me laugh. Here it is

5dd05fdce4eb.jpg

In other words its bonus list is:

Regeneration Time: Malevolent Champion -xx%

Chance to disregard armor +x%

Aspect: Capricious Hunter +x

Gruesome Inquisition Focus +x

And the character who was rewarded with that item is High Elf. Am I the only one who found it ridiculous? Allmighty random number generator is allmighty! But seriously, looks like lightsabers encounter the same problem that appeared before with seraphim's shields. Maybe random bonus should be made a bit less random.

And two little things about texts.

a6a3576ab350.jpg

Wasn't it supposed to be 'As if these few guards could stop me!'? Or is my imperfect english failing me?

And one about russian version.

c56e2d7de82bt.jpg

For some reason the title of this quest ('Mawino Barimak') is in english. Just naming it 'Мавино Баримак' would fix the problem.

I'm really sorry for my endless posts. Don't kill me, please... But looks like you (patch-developers) are our (players) only hope to get this game to work properly.

By the way, does anyone know the way to return to 2.64 from 2.65.1 other then reinstalling? Those lasy creatures still haven't applied 2.65.1 to russian closed net servers. I suppose they never would.

Sorry for being such an annoying self-proclaimed beta-tester again. Just wanted to show you some things.

That is really what we expect you guys to do. :)

Marcus will have a close look at those oddities.

By the way, does anyone know the way to return to 2.64 from 2.65.1 other then reinstalling? Those lasy creatures still haven't applied 2.65.1 to russian closed net servers. I suppose they never would.

Sorry, no. I think it is possible to have another paralell installation somehow, but I am a bit unsure about the specifics that would entail...

Well, I understood about decision markers. Actually I supposed something like that but still wanted to note you. Especially because they appear only after installing community patch. They are hidden in original 2.65.1. And I supposed that they may unpleasantly surprise some people who suddenly see them. There is no common explanation for this rings in game, so their appearance may lead to misunderstanding. After all you can't explain this fact to every player personally, like you did to me.

Remember: The last version is 2.65.2, not 2.65.1!

This behaviour was changed inside the binaries. There's few we can do about these.

But there are really some issues with quests besides that. And sadly one of them is a bug of the community patch. That is the one about the 'Bandits' ('Разбойники') quest. After patch installation this quest is marked as successfully completed to all characters that never tried to take this quest.

I tried this character before installing the patch and his quest log was normal. After patch installation this record appeared.

By the way, that quest was bugged in the original 2.65.1 too but in different way. Strangely in 2.43 it was completely OK. But anyway in 2.65.1 there are 2 entries in the quest log. One called 'Разбойники' and the other one called 'Бандиты' (yes, this is exactly the word that means 'Bandits' in russian). The second one is marked failed and its text is empty. It also shows your current location as the map fragment.

I suppose it's the entry for the second solution of this quest (kill bandits). But why did it appear all of sudden

A little history:

Originally this quest had three possible endings:

- ignore the bandits and they will go after you

- talk to them and pay

- talk to them and fight

Due to the changed behaviour in 2.65.1 I took out the last two possibilities, because whatever I did, the quest came up solved and lost at the same time in the logbook.

For 0090 (I think) I've rewritten that quest with two new (!) preconditional quests, so you can take two of three paths now. Everything works fine until you load/play/save the savegame with an unpatched game. The unpatched game don't know about those two preconditional quests, and what should have been hidden now appears. If you save the game now (what happens at the time you leave the game) the lost quest will reappear in the patched game as well, because it was saved that way.

So don't use one char with a patched and an unpatched game. The original developers prevented people from doing so by increasing the build and patch number, so you got an "incompatible savegame" if you tried to play your char with an older version.

And the second noticed bugged quest (in both original and community-patched versions) is already mentioned 'Plentiful Harvest' ('Обильный урожай'). The trouble is that if you didn't kill the robbers this quest would be considered failed even if the trader is alive and happy. By the way this thing was also normal in 2.43 when I tried it last time.

I doubt you can understand it, but though the quest is failed its text on the right page says it was completed successfully. Actually I always completed this quest without fighting robbers. Just because I immediately decided that a small passage behind the Inquisition Temple would be much faster and safer way to lead the trader to the city.

Yes, this is also one of my "most-worked-on" quests. Your job is to take the trader to Thylysium. Well, easiest way is to teleport there. Trader saved, one job done. If you do so, the original game will mark this quest as lost.

If you run back on the streets you'll encounter those 4 robberies. These hidden quests are solved if you kill all the robbers. If you let one live, the quest will be failed. Before 2.65.x hidden quests were not shown on the map, but now they are. But those quests have no text to write into the logbook and aren't allowed to show their symbols there, so you see nothing of them except those red rings.

In the actual version this quest will lead you to one robbery to the other, so all attacks should be triggered. Nevertheless: If you miss one of the robbers, you'll get a red ring.

I'm still not sure where I should report such things.

Please enter bug reports to our bugtracker. Discussions like this, how a quest should go and what can happen, are perfect for the forum.

And two little things about texts.

a6a3576ab350.jpg

Wasn't it supposed to be 'As if these few guards could stop me!'? Or is my imperfect english failing me?

No, you're right. I'll correct this.

And one about russian version.

c56e2d7de82bt.jpg

For some reason the title of this quest ('Mawino Barimak') is in english. Just naming it 'Мавино Баримак' would fix the problem.

English text in an non-english game means: A translation is still missing. I decided to do so to avoid empty logbook pages or cryptical <Tag 0123456789> lines where they can be filled with correct content of our base language.

Edit:

This time the line "Mawino Barimak" came from the original russian global.res. For some reason it wasn't translated there.

No. And on the other hand you'll get technical issues with 2.64.0 if you use Windows 7.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Remember: The last version is 2.65.2, not 2.65.1!

I would be happy if somebody reminded it to russian publishers... As I mentioned before, they are VERY lasy creatures. They never adapted 2.65.2 to russian version. And european version patch can't be installed. It claims to be incompatible. I wonder what changes were in 2.65.2 and if they could somehow made their way to russian version without our publishers.

EDIT

After searching the web for some time, I finally found the 2.65.2 patch compatible with russian version. It was released without our publishers, but I hope its content is official. Hope it would work fine.

/EDIT

This behaviour was changed inside the binaries. There's few we can do about these.

OK. That was just a suggestion. Probably it won't hurt to make a comment about it in the patch changes list. But it's fine anyway.

So don't use one char with a patched and an unpatched game. The original developers prevented people from doing so by increasing the build and patch number, so you got an "incompatible savegame" if you tried to play your char with an older version.

Thank you for explaining. It's a bit sad that I couldn't continue playing old charas without getting oddities. But I've already did such a restart when 2.34 was released. So it's not so bad. Thank you for fixing this quest for at least new charas. The only question is how to talk my open-net partners into restart. But that's my problem, not yours.

In the actual version this quest will lead you to one robbery to the other, so all attacks should be triggered.

That totally wasn't so before addon. So I didn't even suppose such an oddity. Thank you for working on it. Wish I could help you someway.

This time the line "Mawino Barimak" came from the original russian global.res. For some reason it wasn't translated there.

That's quite common. Russian version has a lot of bugs with translation. That's not the only untranslated line I saw. I just don't remember what the others was. When nothing could be done with bugs I didn't bother myself with remembering them. Hope minor translation fixes can be done.

No. And on the other hand you'll get technical issues with 2.64.0 if you use Windows 7.

Just wanted to export my closed-net characters. And I can't create a closed-net game with 2.65.1. The server doesn't accept it. That's definitely not your problem though.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you! I'm not sure when I should say it. GMT+5 has its issues. But better in a wrong time than never.

Edited by Silver_fox

Back again guys.

Could you edit this page: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Community_Patch

Because it still says the current version is 0094:)

Merry Xmas to you all, and hopefully nobody plays Sacred 2 on Christmas:D

Done. I also reformatted and added the Patchnotes to the entry. :)

@Silver_fox: Minor translation fixes are also a part of our (and I guess in the future also your) To-Do-List. :)

The versions 2.65.1 and 2.65.2 are both able to connect to an 2.65.1 Closed Net server. Seems to me like your russian servers are still running on 2.64.

The versions 2.65.1 and 2.65.2 are both able to connect to an 2.65.1 Closed Net server. Seems to me like your russian servers are still running on 2.64.

Yes. That's exactly how it is. I remember myself writing about it some posts ago. Though it doesn't really matter. Russian closed net servers are almost empty anyway. It won't bother me to move to the open net.

By the way, are closed net servers in the other countries still up and running? I hope so. They are invisible in russian version for some unknown reason. I tried various filters but server list is either empty or lists only russian ones.

Sorry for going off topic.

The actual reason behind this post is that I wanted to ask you whether or not you encountered one problem. Minimap settings (at least its size) are reset to default when you quit to the main menu. In 2.43 all settings vere reset. In 2.65.2 with community patch the scale seems to be saved, yet its size still resets every time you enter the game. That fact is definitely true to the russian version since all the people I know encountered this problem. I'm not sure about other versions though. It is proven that due to the bad localisation russian version has more bugs than all the others. Well, russian version was issued long before the european one. In fact our publishers translated a half-baked version. It still echoes sometimes.

They are invisible in russian version for some unknown reason. I tried various filters but server list is either empty or lists only russian ones.

That is because you probably use the east-european lobby for connection to closed net. You can change it to the european one with a optionsCustom.txt entry, but then you have to create a new account there of course. You can play with all the dudes from this forum there then. :)

The actual reason behind this post is that I wanted to ask you whether or not you encountered one problem. Minimap settings (at least its size) are reset to default when you quit to the main menu. In 2.43 all settings vere reset. In 2.65.2 with community patch the scale seems to be saved, yet its size still resets every time you enter the game. That fact is definitely true to the russian version since all the people I know encountered this problem. I'm not sure about other versions though. It is proven that due to the bad localisation russian version has more bugs than all the others. Well, russian version was issued long before the european one. In fact our publishers translated a half-baked version. It still echoes sometimes.

The minimap settings somehow do not get saved in the optionsCustom.txt. Put these in there and set the numbers to your liking:

options.map_mini_curv = 3.33333

options.map_mini_icon = 0.8

options.map_mini_rot = 1

options.map_mini_size = 8

options.map_mini_transp = 1

options.map_mini_zoom = 0.2

Edited by czevak

Back again guys.

Could you edit this page: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Community_Patch

Because it still says the current version is 0094:)

Merry Xmas to you all, and hopefully nobody plays Sacred 2 on Christmas:D

Done. I also reformatted and added the Patchnotes to the entry. :)

@Silver_fox: Minor translation fixes are also a part of our (and I guess in the future also your) To-Do-List. :)

Well, the DOWNLOAD link on the page above does not work, it says "Object not found".

That is because you probably use the east-european lobby for connection to closed net. You can change it to the european one with a optionsCustom.txt entry, but then you have to create a new account there of course. You can play with all the dudes from this forum there then. :)

Than you very much. That seems to be a good thing to do. Especially if you remember that russian servers are still running at 2.64. European ones must be at 2.65.2. I just hope I could create a new account with the same licence codes. Or probably it is the way to deactivate my old account. I should try it anyway.

Well, the DOWNLOAD link on the page above does not work, it says "Object not found".

Yes, the download link in the wiki seems to be mistyped. It should be '0100' not just '100'.

Edited by Silver_fox

Depends directly on what you want to do.

I.e. if you want to report found bugs, you may signup at the bugtracker: http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt

This is possible for everyone and a lot of people from darmatters have already reported there.

If you want to do something else - I don't know, graphics, translations, animations, programming tools, whatever - you should tell us and we'll see.

CU Marcus

Could you please tell me which version cm-disable reverts to. The installer tells that the result would be 2.65.1, yet it was installed on 2.65.2 and the game thinks it's 2.65.2 now. Which one is correct?

Its a kind of spelling mistake in the current patcher. It reverts back to whatever version you had before. It reads "2.65.x" in the coming releases. ;)

I spoke with the Easter Hare and nothing happened. No quest log entry. No eggs spawned. Nothing.

Is this intended?

If you have the CM-Patch 0100 installed, then it appears to be a known issue for SOME classes. I was able to duplicate it with a fresh (created with the CM-Patch 0100 installed) Temple Guardian as well as one that was created long before. But my Dragon Mage was able to find the egg without issue.

The only solution at the moment - temporarily uninstall the CM-Patch, load the game, go to the temple and get the egg, save the game, exit, reinstall the patch and continue with the game.

Talking to the rabbit doesn't actually spawn the egg. It should already be there. The rabbit is merely there to inform you of it's existance.

Are you sure it would work, Wolfie? After uninstalling the CM-patch quest logs of all my characters created or saved with CM-patch installed were cleaned.

None of my character logs have been affected. I have enabled/disabled several times, including running the sacred reset trying resolve another issue. I was even in the middle of the office quest.

Playing a char sometimes with and sometimes without the cm-patch will give you some irritations.

You may loose items (the newly added ones of course), quests (they may flip back to the original states or simply disappear) and other things that have been changed.

The easter-quest will be ok with the next cm-patch version, so simply keep that one for easter ;)

CU Marcus