The Related Word Game - 2017!

posting -> painting

for some reason the two words post and paint made me think of Tom Sawyer and how he got others to pay him for them to paint the fence

masterful writing

:)

gigi

• Like! 1

painting => nonobjective

Nonobjective is probably my favorite style in which to paint. My last one was 4' x 8.' However, I also love making ceramic sculptures, drawing, and lettering. :agreed:

• Like! 1

Georges Pierre Seurat -> Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Goethe lived at his aunt while he worked at the court in Wetzlar. I lived my first years in the birth house of my mom: less than 150m to both places. It was a pest at school. We moved a lot in my youth. But as soon as Goethe was taught I was considered the expert even it were only my first 4 years in life.  So I had to read a lot about him and  from him.

He was not only a great writer. He did also a science book about the Theory of Colours. Nowadays pointillism is often done at school with marker pens of 24+ different colours. Early pointillismus was named chromoluminarism by Seurat. In German it is named Farblichtmalerei (painting where the colours need light to do the effects). It is a way of painting where neighbour points looked from a distance gave another colour.

Details of the girl in the mid of the picture below. The face is in the shadow and looks brighter if you watch from a distance.

Detail_Seurat_Grande_Jatte.jpg

Georges_Seurat_-_Un_dimanche_apr%C3%A8s-

• Like! 1

Bach -> Gödel, Escher, Bach

My army book. A class mate was studying already while I was drafted. She gave me the book and I was reading it a lot at readiness weakends. I have the book in three languages. The english one has a lot of word plays and Hofstadter wrote that he had a lot of work with the translators to keep them intact as much as possible.

Gödel: mathematician

Escher: painter

Bach: composer

and all woven together by an endless braid

41d2Kdh0qWL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like! 1