The Related Word Game - 2017!

Gathering -> Bach

Bach was not only a composer but is also German for a creek. We have the kids from my brother at our place since the lockdown. When their parents visit they do it from the other side of the creek, speaking from there. So the creek is a natural barrier. They avoid driving through our narrow village and parking at our house.

So unfair these c-times.

4 hours ago, chattius said:

Gathering -> Bach

Bach was not only a composer but is also German for a creek. We have the kids from my brother at our place since the lockdown. When their parents visit they do it from the other side of the creek, speaking from there. So the creek is a natural barrier. They avoid driving through our narrow village and parking at our house.

So unfair these c-times.

creel calls ^^

bach -> beethoven

:music:

gogo

Blue Meanies -> Leuchtturm

Lighttower, old song from Nena about a couple in love traveling to a lonely place with a light tower and hoping that a submarine picks them up...

• Like! 1

Leuchtturm -> leprochaun 

terrific well-written movie... yah horror movie about a leprochaun that loves to jason style people...but boy it is entertaining..specially the one in out space

:)

gogo

34 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

donuts => police

:3lmao:

I used to work at a cheesecake shop for a few years... shift finished late, but cops would always be there to drive us home

Police -> nostalgia

:hugs:

gogo

nostalgia -> house name

Centuries ago people were named by their house and not their family names (if they had one already). The oldest fundament of our house dates back at least 400 years. Even my grandgrandgrandpa, grandgrandpa, grandpa and me were living there for more than hundred years: old people don't use your family name but the house name: Kiehlersch from Köhler.

For centuries it was used by Köhler (charcoal burners). Mid in forest so the places where charcoal was burned was easy reachable.

So even my family name is totally different, old people who lived in the village from birth on still call me Kiehlersch Michael, house name than prename.

I ordered a name sign with the house name from our local blacksmith who is running out of orders. Kids can watch him forging it,

• Respect! 1
2 hours ago, chattius said:

nostalgia -> house name

Centuries ago people were named by their house and not their family names (if they had one already). The oldest fundament of our house dates back at least 400 years. Even my grandgrandgrandpa, grandgrandpa, grandpa and me were living there for more than hundred years: old people don't use your family name but the house name: Kiehlersch from Köhler.

For centuries it was used by Köhler (charcoal burners). Mid in forest so the places where charcoal was burned was easy reachable.

So even my family name is totally different, old people who lived in the village from birth on still call me Kiehlersch Michael, house name than prename.

I ordered a name sign with the house name from our local blacksmith who is running out of orders. Kids can watch him forging it,

This is a great explanation!! My parents grew up with "houses" when they were growing up in school, but I never made the connection to the the actual "house" in olden days ... good info Chattius :thumbsup:

house name -> Griffindor

rawr!

:viking:

gogo

Griffindor -> Greifenstein

Greifenstein (stone with birds of prey) is the name of a big former castle 5 hills away:

Greifenstein_De_Merian_Hassiae.jpg

I was planing our iron house name at the end of road at our house and a sign like this at the house. Sign reads: Former house name 'Wasserer(=water man) since 1622.  After the Lords water inspector for the creek. Our sign would be just about a charcoal burner ;)

s

• Like! 1