The Related Word Game - 2017!

guild wars 2 -> Silent Night, Holy Night

1816 a vulcano eruption resulted in a year without summer. Misharvests caused starving and the only income from a village at the german/austrian border was the monopol right to transport salt with boats done by members of the shipper guild.

To lower the transport costs the salt owners planed on creating a transport on land supported by the merchant guild using waggons (later trains) which would have made the shippers without income and work. So both guids fought each other to have income at the time of misharvests. The x-mas song dates back into this time and village.

There is a movie about the happenings, called 'Das ewige Lied' / 'The eternal song'.

A Romeo and Julia like love between the two guilds, a boy with curly golden hair getting lost in the high alpes  and being rescued by high mountain farmers who had strange music in the eyes of the people down in valley (yodeling).... All together gave the song.

There is an english trailer,but I know only a subtitle version.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138427/

Andy Panda -> Fanta4

Always thought Andy Panda would be a Russian Rapper. Fanta4 short for Die Fantasischen Vier/The Fantastic Four made HipHop and Rap popular. They did it in German, because Rap is protest, and to knew what the protest is against it should be localized, in language, location and lyrics.

Fanta4 -> Wannabe (Rapper)

oh dear Chattius... I feel so sorry for German youth... I am not a fan of rap in general, mostly because of the bravado attitude that they have, but that seemed extra bad.

2 hours ago, Delta! said:

Fanta4 -> Wannabe (Rapper)

oh dear Chattius... I feel so sorry for German youth... I am not a fan of rap in general, mostly because of the bravado attitude that they have, but that seemed extra bad.

Actually it is a very funny song. But as I said, rap and hiphop live a lot from their lyrics. 2 boys talking about their new girl friends they dated recently, about paying the restaurant bills and such. Driving through the city they look for their girls and find it strange that they never have time on fridays. Then it turns out that the girls are the same one and that a rich third boy is the friday date.

For me this is a more real video than the new Gangsta Rap videos showing super cars and yachts. What is the relation to the old rap done by suppressed black youth. German young people had different problems than black ghetto kids. But they had their problems too and it is sung in the language of these kids. The re-union was not too long ago and eastern german girls wanted rich west german boys...

Wannabe -> American

Tu vuò fà l’americano, You are a wannabe american

• Like! 1

awesome -> quadcopter

Fitting in the pocket of a jacket I can use them to fly high into trees to check for nests to mark trees which have to be protected, or after a car/boar collision to search for a dangerous wounded boar with less risk than with a dog in brushlands, or searching for hornet nests, or after a car crash with number of people unknown and the possibility of people catapulted out of the car, ...

The only problem was: blue ones are rarely sold and even more rarely second hand

Blue is the best colour for in forest use, leaves may be yellow, red, orange, green in autumn, but never blue.

Future -> fortune teller.

In my opinion, a lot of mumbo jumbo and acting all mysterious in a hocusy pocusy kinda way...:nono:

Fortune teller -> burger

We all end as a burger, one way or the other. Big Crunch, Big Freeze or Big Rip are the three possible endings of the universum, depending how much energy it holds.

But it is also fast food.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjd6EdZ9LyMH51IGbPBNy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSX8cMhUEbQo_tHuvIb7oG

• Haha 1