The Related Word Game - 2017!

Triester torte -> Opera

I love making Opera torte. They are soooo delicious! But you need good quality chocolate.

The recipe and method from Cooking with Chocolate, a Recipe and instruction manual from Valrhona.

First layer: cocoa Jaconde sponge.

Second layer: white chocolate and coffee whipped ganache

Sponge, ganache, dark chocolate cremeaux

Sponge, dark chocolate cremeaux, shiny glaze

IMG_20191022_181645.jpg

• Like! 1

Musical ->Tanz der Vampire

5559.jpg

The original 'Tanz der Vampire' was the most successful musical ever in German and Austria. The english version (Dance of the Vampires) based on it was troubled by actors wanting too much money, change parts of their rolls, 9.11 disaster making flights impossible for negoations, Roman Polansky wasn't allowed to visit USA, ....

I visited Tanz der Vampire three times now. Steinman wrote Total Eclipse for Meatloaf, having a vampire concept album in mind. Meatloaf didn't do it but Bonnie Tyler was. Steinman did his plan about a Vampire album than as a german Musical first in Vienna.

I watched the english version and it was terrible... took the top actors so much money that there was nothing left for choreography, screenplay, chorus? And money seems to rob the real feelings... If I ever watch an englisg version again than it is probably a travelling group of schoolkids.

penniless -> Notgroschen

It was a tradition for centuries that a student got a Groschen from his fraternity to keep it. A Groschen is a small coin and was put in the belt. It was enough to to buy a beer. If the moneybag was empty there was this small reserve. But using it to buy a beer was a proof that the student was near to be an alcoholic and not welcome by other students. Only in emergencies (Not) it was allowed to be used.

In times of Euro the coin is now often a gold coin, worth enough to make a party.

Now it has the meaning for a money reserve for sudden needs, like car crash, house damage, ...

Notgroschen-G%C3%BCrtel-Goldm%C3%BCnze-2

• Like! 1

Dreams -> La Boum

I know I tried this scene from the movie with success 3 in 5 times. We were living near the french border and I watched the movie in French in France months before it was in German cinemas, So the german girls didn't knew it was from the movie then. Lucky me... Dreams are my Reality