The Related Word Game - 2017!

Don't have it. Last pirate game I played was Ascaron Port Royale, with the pirate DLC.

sea of thieves -> school

Piratenspiel (pirate game): A non computer(!!!) game played in elementaty school classes to train the body. Some kids have ribbons and are the pirates. The others have to catch them. But the floor of the training hall is defined as shark water, who touches it is out. So the floor is covered with mats as small islands, ropes from the ceiling, ...

family ->

brother -> xylotheque

Being born into a family of woodworkers each family member had to add a 'book' for the family xylotheque. The writermaker of the book writes on a paper where he is in the family tree and places it in the book.

The book is in reality a box made from the wood of a tree. The back of the book is traditional from the bark. When you open the book/box it has dried leaves, blossoms, fruits, charcoal from it, insects feeding on it, a painting from the whole tree, a map where it was found  .... and the paper with the data from the family member who made it.

My cousin has the family xylotheque, it is about 1300 different trees by now. My brother was late, he added his book when his kids made books in this summers summercamp too.

180419_Xylotheken-Ganzer-Baum-Buch-heade

• Like! 1

archipelago -> Saint Marcellus flood

An immense storm tide of the North Sea swept far inland from England and the Netherlands to Denmark and the German coast, breaking up islands, making parts of the mainland into islands, and wiping out entire towns and districts such as: Rungholt, said to have been located on the island of Strand in North Frisia; Ravenser Odd in East Yorkshire; and, the harbour of Dunwich.

The German Bay 1240 and red lines to show what was left after the Grote Mandrenke (old german for ' great drowning of people'). More or less now an archipelago. The remaining islands have an inner hill with houses and stall because the rest is below water at storm and high tide together. The islands are tried to keep intact as wave breakers.

800px-Nordfriesland_um_1240.jpg

20190108_04380.jpg

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

archipelago -> Saint Marcellus flood

An immense storm tide of the North Sea swept far inland from England and the Netherlands to Denmark and the German coast, breaking up islands, making parts of the mainland into islands, and wiping out entire towns and districts such as: Rungholt, said to have been located on the island of Strand in North Frisia; Ravenser Odd in East Yorkshire; and, the harbour of Dunwich.

The German Bay 1240 and red lines to show what was left after the Grote Mandrenke (old german for ' great drowning of people'). More or less now an archipelago. The remaining islands have an inner hill with houses and stall because the rest is below water at storm and high tide together. The islands are tried to keep intact as wave breakers.

800px-Nordfriesland_um_1240.jpg

20190108_04380.jpg

Always love to see the different ways we inhabit our earth. That last picture is striking and I can imagine seeing that water and land together mixed daily.

Saint Marcellus flood -> The Nile River

:)

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Always love to see the different ways we inhabit our earth. That last picture is striking and I can imagine seeing that water and land together mixed daily.

Saint Marcellus flood -> The Nile River

:)

gogo

Before reunion I was responsible for the weapons of a subhunter plane. We flew a lot over these little islands. Sometimes we did pictures for archaelogists and we learned about the flood, the destroyed towns and land, ... After reunion several air wings were dismantled, so was mine and I landed in a leading position in air base firefighting, mainly because I was volunteer firefighter before being drafted and learned about weapons, fuel and explosives while at the flying side.

So when hearing island I often think about the islands I was so used to see.

Nile River -> Rhine River

Guide on a tourist ship on the Rhine: To the left you see a castle on a hill, to the right a castle on a hill, on the left another hill with another castle,...

6f8188b6-d64a-3495-b22f-5d5a97e4126c

RRT_BurgenSchloesser_korr.jpg?w=640

Rhine River -> Sanitary 

The pronunciation of Rhine is the same as the Afrikaans word Rein, which means clean/sanitized/pure