Call me Rumpelstiltskin

Yes, that's right - Rumpelstiltskin from the story - who tore himself in half when the maiden guessed his name. That's what I need to do now.

Every time I meet up with gogo, schot, et al, I get ready to make the jump to apply for full FDM clan membership, then Rotluchs or Thorin come along and intrigue me with clan DA. A one hit dragon kill by a level 1 char -- man what a crazy idea.

ahh Gial....you know as I am sure DA would also say...we would love to have you here with us but....you can only go with your heart :)

btw...I always loved that story of ole Rumplestiltskin hehe Throw down yer golden hair...poor Rumple :devil:

:)

Hehe I know tough choice there gial. But rest assure that DM and DA is like brothers (or sisters if you ask gogo :) ).

We got regular DA members around, and I lurk in DA's forum quite frequently too (even though I have yet to post there). :)

Rumplestiltskin...

dont' you mean Rommelstiltskin?

lol, sorry I just couldn't help teasing all my teachers with putting my own name "Rommel" everywhere the word rumplestiltskin had to be used. In fact I even made my own

" Scary Tales of Gorror!

starring

Rommelstiltskin "

hahah see Gial?

your home already

lol, no need to start ripping yourself, specially as carpet cleaning costs are so expensive

:devil:

gogo

p.s. On a serious not, DA rocks too man, I"ve been friends with them for years now and they're an awesome part of our family as well.

:hugs:

Yeah, but . . .

the first time gogo invited me here, he said he had BEER. Besides, I try to turn cookies off in my browser whenever possible.

I think the quantity (and quality) of response this generated has sealed my fate. I had no understanding of . . .the . . . power . . . of . . . the . . . Dark . . . Side . . . :P

Luke can take his path, but I've been lured beyond my ability to resist. Application will be forthcoming shortly.

Ah well, DARK is a great clan, and my 2nd clan (not for sacred or GW though :P )

So good choice

:butcher:

~Doom

I'm going to pop my 2 cents in here, but want to make it very very clear that these are my personal views and not meant to represent Ascaron's views in any way shape or form.

And sorry FDMers and DAers if this inadvertantly upsets you - if you think about it, it's actually very flattering :)

Why join either? Both are awesome and their people are even awesomer, and both are known for treating people very courteously whether they're in the clan or not (which is key to them being so awesome IMO). Because of that, even if I was currently in a position to join a clan right now, I wouldn't - it would be like having to choose between 2 of my children (ok, this is a really bad analogy/metaphor <I never could keep those straight>, Outside of the fact that I actually only have 1 child, I don't mean to imply that I'm "mother" to either clan, just that I love them both so much it would be impossible to choose one over the other).

Now, to be fair I'll present the flip side - I've never been in either, so I also can't say if membership confers special privileges or anything. But I can say that I've never felt that I was missing anything by not being in one.

Perhaps now that the clans are well established and do have so many members and also now that these members reputations for their gaming behavior is well known, it does become less important for any one individual to join a clan.

But, if that had been the attitude from the start, the reputations would not have been forged (in Gnarrstadt?) so strongly. The existance of clans allows all players the ability to recognize other players most likely to be helpful or friendly, and to act accordingly. Responsable players, while not owing it to the community, can certainly contribute to the general welfare by joining a clan and by doing so, publishing that fact to the world.

A difficult choice, but I felt that having a (DA) or {D.a.r.k.} next to my name would be helpful for others to recognize me. Kind of like why court judges wear robes -- it adds to the aura and makes them visible.

Lets see Carolyn..

1. If you have the tag of a well known trusted clan, people know you are trustworthy, (because otherwise you wouldn't be let in)

2. You can join in clan events...

3. Clan's rock!

~Doom

• 2 weeks later...

uuuhh... theres clans? if there are clans, ther must be wars, clan wars ^^ (if your character dies in HC PVP is it deleted than too? would be a bummer to the PVP in those wars)

Conflict sells good to the media (bush knows it all, and yes I dislike america's government).

so smoke me a goblin!

Sylph

(any usefullness? no but I did ask a question)

EDIT

What clan events do clans have in sacred? a lottery?

(that'd be cewl:P)

Edited by Sylph
  • 3 months later...

Gial you and a few others ( Not to forget my old friend Gogo ya crazy pantless guy and Llama my old guilde mate ) are why I decided to join this clan you are one of the people on here even though we rarely sit in the same server together but when we do you always are encouraging. and I would like to say Thank You for that

Edited by EvilMale

Hey

Too bad Sacred doesn't manage Clan alliances as we had in D.a.r.k Age of Camelot (D.a.r.k version of DAOC). We could create a [(DA).r.k] Alliance lol (D.a.r.k version of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance maybe :))

Anyway this was a good feature in DAOC, each guild remaining its own entity, with its own rules but allied all together to face the adversity in pvp/rvr (realm versus realm) sessions, to share goods, experience, and to help each other.

My 2 cents