Currently Reading...

It is. Excellent book. Amazing life this man has had. Today I just started Hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy by Douglas Addams. I'm worried: its so funny I'm affraid of leaving Papillon unfinished /rofl

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gogoblender

heh, I never read the book

Something about brit humour...dunno....I find it so long to read sometimes, lol

saw the movie though

not too bad, with some spiffy effex

:D

gogo

The scariest King book I've ever read was The Stand. Imagine 90% of the world's population dying within weeks of each other because of a "devil aided" spread of a virus leak from a top secret government research facility. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the lord of the flies was a good read Therion

A good book also was Congo ..it blew the movie out of the water

recent readings are more sci fi

Im currently on 7th book of Robert Jordan's - (Wheel of time)

other greats are

L.E. Modesitt Jr - (sagas of recluce)

Christopher Stasheff - (chronicle of Magnus D'Armand)

ROBERT ASPRIN - (myth series) I have him in caps for a reason...if you are a reader...you HAVE to read 1 book by him....

William R Forstchen - (lost regiment series)

anybody read any of these:)

OMFG SURFSIDE, im reading THAT series too, GREAT books, 4-8go little slow, but I finnished the last one about a year ago, cant wait for the 12th book /lmao

wow cant believe we reading same books /beers

lol, I guess you can guess were my password comes from?

also Avithor comes from Aviendha and Al'thor :)

reading Kite Runner right now, great book

about a boy in Afganistan culture

EDIT: wow, wow, wow, you reading the recluce books too? LOL, I've read the first 9, the 2nd one, about creslin, was my favorite. Stoped after the two about the white ordermaster, havent gotten into the two about the chaos prince yet.

haha, funny how we keep sticking togather and I just now find we reading same books :D

Wow that is totally crazy!.....yer ahead of me on both though so dont spill anything!

if you like those authors you really need to find an asprin book like I said ..... I promise he will be yer new fav!

I have books 7 to 9 of the Wheel of Time series but didn't buy the next books because it was already kind of dragging already. But I really like Rand's power!! /thumbsup

btw am re-reading Da Vinci Code again and I found a difference between the movie and the book after reading only 5 pages. /devil

Though I'm generally a sci-fi/fantasy reader, I'm currently reading Darwin's The Origin of Species. Nothing in it is new to me, but it's interesting to see the sociological differences faced by biologists then and now.

I have books 7 to 9 of the Wheel of Time series but didn't buy the next books because it was already kind of dragging already. But I really like Rand's power!! /thumbsup

yeah, the first 3 are my favorite out of the series, than it slows down for next 6 books and kind of picks back up at 10, ton of twists at end of 10 and 11, but first is deffinatly my fav.

• 3 months later...

Im currently reading an excellent series by Katharine Kerr

It's called the deverry series

and I've just finished book 3 dawnspell

loL now I have 9 more to go

its got a bit of this a bit of that

battles , sword fighting and dweomer

very interesting series

I would give it a 10/10

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome series Seb :sick: I own them all and they would have to be one of my all time favourites!

In fact its been a few years I would mind reading them again....if I had the time :sigh:

:)

Ooh somebody mentioned Terry Prachette! His diskworld books are just hilariously awesome.. one of my favorite creations of his is the Silver Horde. Its a group of super old barbarians that are too good at not-dying to die from old age, they just go around rampaging and acting damn hilarous. I love it when they pop up in the various stories..

I'm currently re-reading the Forgotten Realms "Avatar Series"; these books were my intro to FR (after Dragonlance was my intro to Fantasy) and re-reading them is nice; I'm almost through book 2 now.

• 5 months later...

Im currently reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of time book 5, have all 11 and been reading one a week.

Im waiting for the next installments in the Game of Thrones, and Sword of truth. :D

lol are we all reading from the same list?

Crunchie I was kidna inta that series for the first four or five books but..dunno..it kept goin on and on and on and on...

:rolleyes:

gogo

wel....

no

but...would you accept this gold A-is-for-effort star lick-sticked to yer forehead

*lick*

*slap*

gogo

;) and here's the "Well done for trying trophy"smiley_789.gif

:P

~Doom

Just finished re-reading the Andromeda Strain and started the Matarese Circle last night.

Read that...Andromeda strain...and really loved it too....

Dija know a ton of his books were made into movies?

I once read somewhere that Crichton writes books that just melt naturally inta movies.

^^

gogo

• 1 month later...

So whatcha' readin people!?

I'm reading Brave New World.. It's a disturbing idea, humans as products with set qualitys, no family, and a sex-based society. :yay:

:yay:

~Doom

I'm currently reading a manual for photoshop and A short story collection of Joyce Carol Oates: "High Lonesome - Selected Stories 1966-2006".

Its huge like an encyclopedia! :D Good thing I read most of the old ones in the past. :P