The first and hopefully the last

Hello and thanks for coming to the funeral... I know you haven't known her all to well yet, but the life she had was a life dedicated to the gods... May she rest in the nearbeing of the greater good and live on in our minds.

ok, thats that for RPG, my seraphim I made yesterday got killed today, I forgot to take any screenshots since I was in quite a panic, (for everything there is a first time, and the first time, we screw up)

the reason she died? well, it was a unbelievable stupid death, but since it was the first (and hopefully the last) I need this pressure *cough* off my chest. She died because the batteries of my mouse got empty and I no longer could do anything.

A mistake I made is that I couldve pressed alt+F4 but soluions always come when it's too late. (you guys should read "Murphy's Law")

A mistake I also will not make again.. never put spare batteries where you can't find them in 2 minutes.

Well, I raise my wine/beer/alcoholic beverage to our lost friend from the heavens and may she.. etc etc.

Sylph

PS

Was this a good thread/post ?:?

I'm sorry to hear about your lost character. I look at my multiple Hardcore character deaths as an opportunity to improve the build. Some times things outside of your control will cause you to die as well. I try not to get discouraged, and look at different ways I can postpone character deaths as long as possible.

P.S. - I definitely believe you just created a good post. Nice job! :4rofl:

Edited by DaveO

Ahh may she RIP Sylph and yeah Murphies law bites us all on the bun from time to time, or the mouse in your case :D

And yeah that was a great post she I'm raising my glass of guiness to you and your fallen yet not forgotten seraphim :)

:4rofl:

I'm sorry to hear that.

On the other hand, I'm so proud that our new candidate learned the hard truth of HC. :P

Ah HC. How cruel it can be! :( May she shine down from the heavens upon your next endeavor in HC Sylph. *carries in ceremonial gift* New batteries! :)

Very appropriate post Sylph. Cheers to your fallen seraphim and to your next. :P

Ah, Sylph, I'm so sorry to hear of the death of your first hc toon. :( If I can offer any consolation, it's that all of us here have lost the work of so much time and when it happens it hurts. I am convinced you will carry the memory of her feats in your heart while shouting her name as battle cry in lasting memory. And as Myles had said, yes it's something we all learned with stepped-up heartbeat and labored breathing, while staring at the corpse of our creation lying there while we just keep looking and waiting for some miracle to bring her back.

Alas

My condolences on the loss, but I feel confident that you will never have low batteries again :)

Come back stronger!

:P

gogo

I made a second one, she died now aswell, but theres a WHOLE different story I'm very (read: totally amazed and stumbled and mouth-opened-wide and ashtonished) eager to tell you guys about... it icludes pics this time aswell. it's on another thread I've yet to make.

Sylph

PS thanks for all your kindness, She wouldve loved to see it.

(and hopefully the last)
Nahhhhhh, if you only kill one you're not doing it right (but I was too late, I see by your last post that you are indeed doing it right) :bye:

It's not whether it happens that matters and makes you a better player, but rather whether you're able to learn something from it when it does. Sounds like you'll definitely never run out of batteries again, so that was IMO a worthwhile loss. I can't wait to hear the tale of your character's 2nd death!

Yay, empty Batteries are so annoying, sorry bout that :trans:

I also lost some Chars because of empty Batteries. But some Days ago I threw my Mouse away and bought a Cable Mouse :)

@Carolyn: There are some Exceptions (like me): I learn from a Rip, but just for the Moment. The next Try is just the same.. but this Time, I'm more stubborn in certain Ways. And it works... :bye:

Yes, each time one dies, you learn something.

My recent problem is I keep re-learning the same thing - "don't do stupid things".

And Sylph, so you know - every HC death is the last. But it never seems to work out that way after all.

Claire may sip a Guiness -- make mine a black and tan.

Could use the booze yeah, but good news, the reincarnation is being the pwnage atm with two prototypes (thank the idea to gogo) one from silver and one from bronze, I'm also currently trying to get my hands on one from gold but that'll just háve to wait till later.

Sylph

PS

thanks for all of your kind words and advice people :tongue: mister here learned something.