A new avatar for Gial!

Hey Gial!

A long while ago on the SIF, I noticed that one of your posts was so math intensive, lol. Knowing this, when you posted here at DarkMatters that you had a degree in Mathematics, I started looking for something having to do with numbers that could work very nicely as an avatar. One day this image popped up and Bingo...it just seemed right.

How to make it look good though? I'm horrible at drawing and most image programs befuddle me. The idea was in the head but just couldn't seem to make itself appear.

And for that we have Indy to thank for. He's a math genius as well, and I think his calling to the numbers was finally what got this little gift made. Indy did a lot of rough drafts of the initial idea with a lot of scraps and we think we finally have something which we want to offer you if you think it's your style and wish to use it.

We will absolutely not be offended if you don't like it, heck...avatar's are so personal, lol.

If you do, then have fun with it as an avatar, and again, thank you for all the great energy here at DarkMatters.

Cheers!

gialavatar.gif

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/gog.../gialavatar.gif

:)

gogo

It's wonderful. I'm gonna havta spam a bunch of stuff today, to get it spread around . . . Wait, it'll be on all my old posts, too. Nevermind the spam.

I've been wrestling with the concept of an avatar, too, and have absolutely zero skill at images, graphics or anything remotely artistic. I thank you both, gogo and Indy, for the truly remarkable work you've done here.

I was tempted to just build a little sudoku type picture, but this is much better. I am once again taken aback by the community at FDM. Wow!

It's always fantastic when you get to give something to someone that won't just make them happy but also have a bit of serendipity in it as well. I keep looking at that avatar and think of numbers, math, codes, decryption, quantum, chaos, infinity, davinci code :(

Avatars are so personal and finding a great fit is always rewarding.

I'm really glad you like it Gial.

:)

gogo

Wow guys,t hat's a nice job you did there, it's Gial encrypted ^^

Once you see it (took me longer than usual) you won't forget it, if this was a commercial this would be a good advertisement since people think about it and it stays in their heads.

Very good thinking work :( Indy too!

Sylph