Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I was wondering if I should go through some of the bigger cities/dungeons and re-do the tab maps on the Places section. Cities like Thylysium, Griffinborough, Khorum and Dyr Laigh require several tab map pix to get entire area. For example, the one I got for Thylysium doesn't really seem to capture the city at all (to me). I've been thinking about this ever since I figured out how to combine pix in Gimp like I did for the Ancestral Chamber.

Just did this one for the Lost Crypt dungeon. (6 pix total)

http://www.sacredwik...e:Lost_tmap.jpg

Just wondering if you want me to do it (I do :) )

• Like! 1

I was wondering if I should go through some of the bigger cities/dungeons and re-do the tab maps on the Places section. Cities like Thylysium, Griffinborough, Khorum and Dyr Laigh require several tab map pix to get entire area. For example, the one I got for Thylysium doesn't really seem to capture the city at all (to me). I've been thinking about this ever since I figured out how to combine pix in Gimp like I did for the Ancestral Chamber.

Just did this one for the Lost Crypt dungeon. (6 pix total)

http://www.sacredwik...e:Lost_tmap.jpg

Just wondering if you want me to do it (I do :) )

I think that picture looks really good Knuckles.

Very nicely done with Gimp Knuckles. :) Can you put together a sample? I'm pretty sure I know what you mean but just in case it would be great to see it in action.

All my savedata got lost when my HDD failed recently, so all I've got is a level 4 Shadow Warrior :P

Screenshots I can do, but it seems Knuckles has got those down. I can also record video/gameplay, but I dont know how that could be applied.

Hello Wade, and welcome to DarkMatters!

Ahhh, someone who wants to help eh...

:devil:

I saw in your post that you can do video work. There is definitely place on the wiki which you could add to with that. For example, you can take mini-vids of of Combat Arts. No more than 5 - 10seconds each. Here's a link to an example made by Schot. It's very informative, and he's careful to get the best angles to "show off" a Combat so when people see it, they immmedietely get a kind of "feel" for whether this Combat Art is for them or not.

Here's an example of a few Combat Videos Schot made of Gar 'Colossus, a boss in the game that Schot wanted to make a video of to show fans this particular enemy's Combat Art in use.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Gar'Colossus_Boss

Ah! It seems I have a job now :) Thank you very much everyone.

Now, will there be specific pages where I should add vids, or just sortof where I feel it's needed? I don't know, Im clearly new at this :blush:

@ wade... I think he's referring to the individual Combat Art pages. For example on the Seraphim's Pelting Strikes page we only have a pic showing the CA. It really doesn't show the CA properly. I think they want to replace those with a short vid. I'l let gogo or Schot confirm but I'm sure they're sleeping right now (wish I still was :))

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Pelting_Strikes

@Schot....If I don't get back too late tonight and I'm not too frozen (working outside all day on some big machinery in a frozen swamp, not supposed to get above 10-15 degrees F) I'll put together a pic for Thylysium so you can compare.

That reminds me that I should replace some foggy maps on the Places pages (I do it only for small places though). I upload a lot of maps for NPCs anyway.

As for Thylisium, it definitely is a right thing to combine several maps to show the city better. You did a wonderful job to show the Lost Crypt dungeon, and it really shows it. I combined maps while doing DM Island too. The place isn't a really important one, but since it's small, I decided to show the whole island on the map... then I understood that such a map can't be captured in game and combined 3 maps in Photoshop. Funny as it seems, but now I frequently combine two maps to get the one without the fog of war (I don't have a Shadow chara with opened map, but a lot of Light 'cartographers'). I know that there must be some cheat that removes the fog, yet still...

OK, I'm back to Sloeford now.

P.S. I noticed that a link to the NPC category appeared on the Quests page. Thank you for attention to this category.

@ wade... I think he's referring to the individual Combat Art pages. For example on the Seraphim's Pelting Strikes page we only have a pic showing the CA. It really doesn't show the CA properly. I think they want to replace those with a short vid. I'l let gogo or Schot confirm but I'm sure they're sleeping right now (wish I still was :))

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Pelting_Strikes

@Schot....If I don't get back too late tonight and I'm not too frozen (working outside all day on some big machinery in a frozen swamp, not supposed to get above 10-15 degrees F) I'll put together a pic for Thylysium so you can compare.

Aha, I understand now :) Our timezones are very different, so I'm going to have to stay up a little late some nights to catch you guys.

I looked through the console GUI page: Console GUI, and I thought that most of the screenshots could be changed, so I made these : Screenshots_PS3.

I'm not quite sure if they're good enough though. I can also add numbers to the initial GUI pic for the key.

After I became a wiki contributor, I usually stay up really late, since the time difference with all the others is somewhat... 10 hours?

Your screens look really neat. I think that they'd look better on the page than the current ones.

Did my first edit to the wiki:

Shadowy_Catacombs grave inscription:

* Welcome to the Potsdam Marketing Department. There are many machines here, although the coffee machine appears to be the only one in use.

- Ascaron, who did Sacred, had a bureau in Potsdam (germany). It was planed to centralize marketing. Early press releases about Sacred2 came from there. If you can interpret some bad feelings from the coders towards this bureau is left to the reader.

Have to get used to wiki editing. So I made something very very small first :)

Edited by chattius
  • Like! 1

It's a good idea to start with something small. And your comments about item names and grave inscriptions are interesting. I think it's a good thing to add them to wiki.

Speaking of grave inscriptions, is C add C++ syntax really well known and doesn't need to be commented, or it is better to explain the '2b||!2b' inscription? (I know that it is not a correct way to use C operators, but when I think of '||' as OR operator and '!' as NOT operator, C is the first programming language to come in mind)

Edited by Silver_fox

I apologise once again for the double post, it's just that the edit button eludes me this time.

My edits to the console GUI page are almost done, just the top large image I want to replace, but my brother is on the Playstation for now, and it may be some time before I get the chance to touch it again :(

Nonetheless, here is my edit: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title=Sacred_2:Console_GUI&oldid=47990

I apologise once again for the double post, it's just that the edit button eludes me this time.

My edits to the console GUI page are almost done, just the top large image I want to replace, but my brother is on the Playstation for now, and it may be some time before I get the chance to touch it again :(

Nonetheless, here is my edit: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title=Sacred_2:Console_GUI&oldid=47990

I haven't played on console, but that page looks pretty informative and well done.

The page looks quite good, but could you please upload the images to the wiki itself, instead of placing them on photobucket or imageshack. This could be done with the 'Upload file' function in the toolbox in the left. There is also a bit strange that the text refers to various control elements using numbers, but there are no numbers in the pictures. You may either put some references into the pictures or edit the text to match new illustrations. Other than that I have nothing to point at. New screenshots really look better and are more understandable than the old ones.

I haven't played on console, but that page looks pretty informative and well done.

Oh, all I did was update some screenshots, but thanks :) All the original text was done by Unaki I think.

The page looks quite good, but could you please upload the images to the wiki itself, instead of placing them on photobucket or imageshack. This could be done with the 'Upload file' function in the toolbox in the left. There is also a bit strange that the text refers to various control elements using numbers, but there are no numbers in the pictures. You may either put some references into the pictures or edit the text to match new illustrations. Other than that I have nothing to point at. New screenshots really look better and are more understandable than the old ones.

Oh, sure I could do that :)

Thank you very much for the help and feedback! :sweating:

It's OK to get a bit confused while editing a page for the first time.

You may also take a look at this topic to find out how to upload and categorize your images.

My, this is overwhelming :Just_Cuz_21:. Now will I have to re-upload my images to the wiki, and add in the summary something like : "[[category:Console Screenshots]]{{PAGENAME}}" ?

Edited by wade-newb

Sorry for the late reply. No, you won't have to re-upload any pics. You may just go to the picture page (by clicking on the pic for example) and then go to the 'edit' tab and insert the text to the window you'd see. Then save the page and it would be put in a category.

The text you could insert may look like : [[Category:Console Screenshots|{{PAGENAME}}]] or [[Category:Console Interface Screenshots|{{PAGENAME}}]] in this case (for that article).

It won't be extremely bad if you left them not-categorised. Using categories is recommended, but it's not a must.

Sorry for the late reply. No, you won't have to re-upload any pics. You may just go to the picture page (by clicking on the pic for example) and then go to the 'edit' tab and insert the text to the window you'd see. Then save the page and it would be put in a category.

The text you could insert may look like : [[Category:Console Screenshots|{{PAGENAME}}]] or [[Category:Console Interface Screenshots|{{PAGENAME}}]] in this case (for that article).

It won't be extremely bad if you left them not-categorised. Using categories is recommended, but it's not a must.

My word you have been extraordinarily helpful :). As for that {{PAGENAME}} part, does it literally say "PAGENAME" or must I add "Sacred 2:Console GUI" within the {{}} parameters?

Btw, sorry for all the bugging questions :sweating:.

It's OK. I hope, it would help you to get started.

As for the {{PAGENAME}} it should be just copied. It is the thing that is used in many templates. When you write {{PAGENAME}} in the edit window, the system automatically replaces this statement with the name of the current page. It may be useful for inserting the text to different pages. For example on the NPC pages there is the phrase '{{PAGENAME}} is the quest giver for...' It looks the same for all the NPCs while in the edit window. But when you save the page or show preview, the system replaces {{PAGENAME}} with the name of a current NPC.

As for the categories, it is just the way they are. The template is: [[Category:<insert category's name here>|{{PAGENAME}}]]. The only thing you should change is the name you want to give this category. You may just copy and paste the text from my previous message, and that would do it.

Took a little break from all the NPC pages and made a page for the CM-only legendary lightsaber, Power of NIF. Since I never had a chance to describe an item before, I'm not sure whether or not it turned out good. But at least all the links are correct and it's listed in the Legendary Database.

Now the link for Legendaries on the CM page is not red anymore.

Just one little extra note as far as saving pics...also include a brief description of the pics in the summary (text box)...nothing fancy, so for what you had it could be "PS3 Console GUI pics". Other than that looking good so far wade :)

And do not hesitate if you have any questions....starting off can be a bit overwhelming, so we're here to give you all the support you need :)

Took a little break from all the NPC pages and made a page for the CM-only legendary lightsaber, Power of NIF. Since I never had a chance to describe an item before, I'm not sure whether or not it turned out good. But at least all the links are correct and it's listed in the Legendary Database.

Now the link for Legendaries on the CM page is not red anymore.

I think that page looks great Silver. I have no problem understanding the content, it is very clear and concise and those pictures are truly awesome.

I was hoping to get through a couple more of the Thylysium quests today. I spent most of the day in the doctor's office so I may not even manage one. Didn't learn much that I didn't already know. Kids are still healthy which is good. I really did not want to know how bad the arthritis in my knees is -- but somethings aren't avoidable.

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates