Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Great Catch!

Kovu, would you be able to make the edit? all members here on DarkMatters can edit SacredWiki. You just have to log in using the same password and login as you use here at DarkMatters, and then press Edit... you'll then be able to make any changes to any page, add more info add space too ^^

We're always needing proof readers, and if you're ever on the Wiki and see something not spelled write or problems in punctuation, it can help with the community doing a five second edit like that.

cheers, and hope to see you on the Wiki!

:)

gogo

Sorry that I wasn't all that active during the recent time (my first weeks on the wiki definitely were more productive). I just have more work to do in real life now. And I understood that I'm solwly losing my interest. I decided to stop editing for some time to actually play the game. Of course, it'd result in taking pics for quests and NPCs again (wiki is addictive). So you would probably see less of me during the next few days, but then I'll be back to my usual wiki activities. Sadly, all my characters are in the beginning of the campaign now (on different difficulties), and I hate rushing through it, so all I can do now is to improve some old pages.

Don't worry, I didn't forget about the CA listings. I'll try the new formatting a bit later. By the way, what about the general Spell Damage Based Combat Arts and Weapon Damage Based Combat Arts pages? Do I need to change their formatting too, or it is OK now?

EDIT: Made a new formatting for the Area of Effect listing. I'll wait with the others since I need to hear your opinion. And still, I think that I do better with other pages...

Edited by Silver_fox

Sorry that I wasn't all that active during the recent time (my first weeks on the wiki definitely were more productive). I just have more work to do in real life now. And I understood that I'm solwly losing my interest. I decided to stop editing for some time to actually play the game. Of course, it'd result in taking pics for quests and NPCs again (wiki is addictive). So you would probably see less of me during the next few days, but then I'll be back to my usual wiki activities. Sadly, all my characters are in the beginning of the campaign now (on different difficulties), and I hate rushing through it, so all I can do now is to improve some old pages.

Don't worry, I didn't forget about the CA listings. I'll try the new formatting a bit later. By the way, what about the general Spell Damage Based Combat Arts and Weapon Damage Based Combat Arts pages? Do I need to change their formatting too, or it is OK now?

EDIT: Made a new formatting for the Area of Effect listing. I'll wait with the others since I need to hear your opinion. And still, I think that I do better with other pages...

You do have to watch out for burn out. Real life can take up major time as well.

Great Catch!

Kovu, would you be able to make the edit? all members here on DarkMatters can edit SacredWiki. You just have to log in using the same password and login as you use here at DarkMatters, and then press Edit... you'll then be able to make any changes to any page, add more info add space too ^^

We're always needing proof readers, and if you're ever on the Wiki and see something not spelled write or problems in punctuation, it can help with the community doing a five second edit like that.

cheers, and hope to see you on the Wiki!

gogo

I think proof reading was what got me started on helping out with the Wiki back in 2009 or whenever that was. I find it is lots easier to just make the correction than wait for someone else to do it. New content would never get added if Gogo and Schot and Silver and Munera and Knuckles and Wolfie and everyone else were having to deal with my knit picking all the time.

I'd rather see the new goodies that get added all the time. It's really nice to see the Wiki grow.

Jace has been really going on that Portuguese translation too I see.

I'm still working with the CA type pages. Most of them are more or less ready - I still need to work with the healing CAs page and maybe buffs. Probably would finish this work tomorrow.

Also, I gathered a lot of pics for different quests (the previously written ones, since my character is still in Tyr Lysia). But I still have to spent some time on post-processing before uploading all this lot to the wiki.

I'm back to my usual wiki activities - I'm working with the quests and NPCs again, trying to improve the old pages. During the last two days I went through the ones from Noriath Temple - Whoops, Purification of the Temple, Impure Hands and Protecting Noriath's Corner chain.

I also have the pictures collected for some quests from the Golden Coast. Maybe I'll work with their pages next.

I'm back to my usual wiki activities - I'm working with the quests and NPCs again, trying to improve the old pages. During the last two days I went through the ones from Noriath Temple - Whoops, Purification of the Temple, Impure Hands and Protecting Noriath's Corner chain.

I also have the pictures collected for some quests from the Golden Coast. Maybe I'll work with their pages next.

Most of those pages do need work and could use your caring attention.

I spent some time with Broken Lance Tavern. Brutus Plutocratio is quest giver for two quests. He is a mixed NPC -- he does appear in the Beastiary but his name is mispelled Platocratio in the title. Also the quest titled "The Escaped Slaves" still has (S) for the shadow version in its title and still has (L) in its title for the light version.

I wonder if we should put options.txt and optionsCustom.txt on an extra page: it is more doing game settings than actually modding. Changes still allow you to play closed, in difference to most mods.

options.txt optionsCustom.txt are discussed in this thread, a skeleton for a wiki page would be in post 10 in below thread.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18393

I think you should go ahead and do that Chattius and maybe add an explantion of how just changing those two files works as opposed to overall modding of the game as well.

I wonder if we should put options.txt and optionsCustom.txt on an extra page: it is more doing game settings than actually modding. Changes still allow you to play closed, in difference to most mods.

options.txt optionsCustom.txt are discussed in this thread, a skeleton for a wiki page would be in post 10 in below thread.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18393

I guess this is more configuration than modding. If you are willing to write the page, maybe gogo can create you a link off the main page.

The last of the Chapter 3 Side Quests is now complete.

Well done Lujate! You've been machining through the wiki ever since you've found us. I want to keep you hidden from any and all friends and family you have at home! :hugs:

http://darkmatters.o...showtopic=18393

There is excellent information being amassed on DB's topic, you're right Chattius, with all the info being put together it's going to be very useful in the Wiki

http://darkmatters.o...showtopic=18393

I guess this is more configuration than modding. If you are willing to write the page, maybe gogo can create you a link off the main page.

As afar as I see it now, we can reconcile what DB has ammassed from his topic into a new page on the Wiki. We just need an idea for where to stem the page from and what to call it, and we can put it in play on the Wiki

gogo

Silver, I was looking through the rework of the old pages, the freshen up process you are investing into the quests is bringing them up to date nicely.

Most of those pages do need work and could use your caring attention.

I spent some time with Broken Lance Tavern. Brutus Plutocratio is quest giver for two quests. He is a mixed NPC -- he does appear in the Beastiary but his name is mispelled Platocratio in the title. Also the quest titled "The Escaped Slaves" still has (S) for the shadow version in its title and still has (L) in its title for the light version.

Cathy, nice work on this area of the Wiki. I got your pms regarding the pages as well for the names

gogo

The last of the Chapter 3 Side Quests is now complete.

That's amazing! Really amazing. You do these quests so fast that you'd definitely complete them all before I leave Tyr Lysia. It's good that you're working on them, because you're the one who makes the quest section grow. Now all the players who want to find solutions to their quest problems would be able to do so.

As for me, I'm still working with CM items and also Quests and NPCs from the beginning of the game. The recent ones:

General page about the Mutation Sets (because they have a lot of common features and distinctions from other sets) and info about one more of them - this time it's HE's one: Glimborin's Garments of Mutation.

Also, I separated God quests from the common ones on the Side Quests page. I hope that nobody minds. This list is by no means complete - there should be four or five quests for each Deity. It is also possible that some quests that are listed in common section now are actually dedicated to Forens (I often choose her for my characters) because I just don't know how to distinct them. Also made the page for one Lumen's quest.

Sadly, I have significantly less free time now (I have some tasks assigned to me at work, and I come home quite late) and I spend this time playing. I collect pictures for the quests and NPCs as I play the game, but I don't know when I'd put them all on the wiki. Though the character I play now is still in the beginning, so my plans can't confront with the projects that others have.

I just did the "Flame Lord" quest. I had to change the name of the quest on the Side Quests and Places pages, since the quest and the miniboss have the same name. I changed the quest to be "The Flame Lord", which fits the pattern of the other miniboss quests on the Side Quests page.

Beautiful, I just saw this! Quests with bosses and mini bosses are specially useful to players as bosses/boss runs are key drivers. Thanks Lujate

gogo

I have printed the list of bosses off the Bestiary page. I am on a personal quest to kill all them available in the Light side, and I am going to take the wiki along for the ride. :biggrin:

I have printed the list of bosses off the Bestiary page. I am on a personal quest to kill all them available in the Light side, and I am going to take the wiki along for the ride. :biggrin:

Sounds like a plan to me Lujate. And you are right about naming. If the quest and NPC/Boss/enemy have the same name the quest gets the name and the boss gets the name - name in the title. So Ortlewyn the quest would be Ortlewyn|Ortlewyn and the mixed-NPC is Ortlewyn - Ortlewyn|Ortlewyn when you put them inside the links and titles. You will find some pages done that don't follow that but those were all created before we finally figured out what those should look like. At some point those pages will all get fixed.

They're awesome Chattius, nice work!. And...lol I got a surprise from your info for Unyielding Wall...that was great history. I've added the link as well to the interview with Lars Hammer we did here at FDM..bit by bit Wiki's puzzle pieces are getting filled in.

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates