Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

These facts were posted before in this old topic: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17310 It's good to see that chattius finally added them to the wiki too. The item name references started to appear on the wiki. Maybe someday we will collect a lot of them. Though I still wonder about the best way to describe such facts. Item pages aren't visited frequently. Most people look only at the main listing in the unique database, so they would miss these interesting facts. Maybe we can make some listing in the Easter Egg section?

Maybe we can make some listing in the Easter Egg section?

Not a bad idea, but there's so many Uniques and notes like this for all the items.. a page like that could get really long and unwieldy. I'm up for it, if anyone wants to set that page up, and we can actually put info in both areas or "call" info from the uniques page into the conglomeration of notes in the Easter Egg page.

:)

gogo

Good work, gogo. I looked through the item list on the Chance to find valuables page (that's a long one, I guess that you spent quite a lot of time gathering this list) and noticed that one item has two pages on the wiki (it's listed twice). Those are Nishinkus Bracers and Nishinku's Bracers. That's the same item, but the pages are named differently.

Good find! I just moved and renamed the page.. fixed. Thanks Silver!

I would also add that there are a bunch of set items mixed in with the list of unique armour which probably shouldnt be there?

I'll pull out the sets and set them on their own, ah ha, I thought there was a grouping I was missing...been a while since I done the modifiers, but now I'm a warming up ...one more hour to escape work!

:bounce:

gogo

Since Sacred history got me thinking last night, I reinstalled Sacred Underworld and dug up my old save games. I plan to work on the books found in Sacred. I've changed the existing stub page Books to a list of all books my main toon has. It's just a bunch of red links so far (except the Book of the Seraphims which already existed), but I plan to fill those over time. Take note that this might be a long term project, doing a few books at a time so I don't turn crazy. I plan to look at my other toons to see if they have read books I haven't. Once the pages are made we might have to do some ordering, especially in the history section. I divided them in books found in Sacred and those found in Underworld, but we might scratch that. As far as the books about the history of the Underworld go, I tried to put them in chronological order, but I might have made mistakes. Those are the first links. What follows are books about places, races and persons.

Btw, I notice the Sacred 2 side menu on the wiki has a link to the Sacred 2 books. Could such a same link be made for Sacred/Underworld? I don't think I'm able to modify that side menu as a regular user.

Since Sacred history got me thinking last night, I reinstalled Sacred Underworld and dug up my old save games. I plan to work on the books found in Sacred. I've changed the existing stub page Books to a list of all books my main toon has. It's just a bunch of red links so far (except the Book of the Seraphims which already existed), but I plan to fill those over time. Take note that this might be a long term project, doing a few books at a time so I don't turn crazy. I plan to look at my other toons to see if they have read books I haven't. Once the pages are made we might have to do some ordering, especially in the history section. I divided them in books found in Sacred and those found in Underworld, but we might scratch that. As far as the books about the history of the Underworld go, I tried to put them in chronological order, but I might have made mistakes. Those are the first links. What follows are books about places, races and persons.

Nice job Fogeltje. Underworld deserves attention too.

Nice work with the list! I'm with Cathy on this, seeing Underworld still getting some love is wonderful.

Btw, I notice the Sacred 2 side menu on the wiki has a link to the Sacred 2 books. Could such a same link be made for Sacred/Underworld? I don't think I'm able to modify that side menu as a regular user.

Book link was never added because there was nothing in the old page, but we can add one to it today if you're planning to add to the book list.

gogo

That's what I figured gogo :) I've made a start with the articles already. Went through my two other toons (I couldn't get to MP to check my toons there, does Open MP still exist?) and wrote those articles already. Will start on the books from my main toon tomorrow hopefully. Already did the Laws of the Barony's that I have since those are really short ones :)

Dang, lol...that Sacred namespace side bar is being elusive.

We're doing a search now for how we made the different name spaces reflect their own index a few years ago. We're hunting down now through the dabase for where the index is calling info from, lol, and looking through Media Wiki "how to" guides on how to this to jog our memory ^^ Fogeltje, you said you've worked with wiki's, any idea where it's being called from?

gogo

No, I'm sorry gogo. I can work with articles just fine, but when such issues arrive, I'm as clueless as the kobold that just got slaughtered by a sudden Radiant Pillar.

There's been a whole bunch of activity on the Wiki lately.

Lujate you're steamrolling ahead with the quest, this is one of the areas that always seems to need never ending loving... SO many quests in this dang game! I also saw your setup for a pretty big multi quest quest...

Northland Expedition

At the bottom you have listed some notes for the Furies and their champion. You mentioned that is has a leech ability. There are actually two kinds in this game: additive which is the low end one and percentage which is the one that can do massive damage against Bosses... do you know which one it is? When they hit you are they hitting really hard? I or u can put in a link to either one of those two Item modifiers once we know the answer.

Fogeltje, I was looking at how you formatted and put in your new info for the old Fallen Angel Books page, while linking into each book and filling some out, it's looking to be a good project with a lot of content.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred:Books

This is the kind of reading that gives the morning newspaper a run for the money ^^

I did a few more Item modifiers yesterday as well, and I'll continue with a few today too. Was able to do

Chance to fear opponents away

Chance to knock back opponents

gogo

I went to Item Modifiers page and ctrl F'd it for leech and got it

Life leeched per hit

I get a feeling that this item modifier is too hard to find on it's own though, I had had to try finding it in a number of different ways before I pulled it up. I've added disambiguate notes to this page here:

Leech life from opponents

And vice versa to the other leech

so that it's made clear that there are two kinds and now a reader can go back and forth between the two.

gogo

Unrelated to wiki but related to the topic. Is that Northland quest taking place on the Christmas Island? I've read a lot of the Christmas quest but could never find it. However seeing screenshots it appears to be the island the Northland Expedition goes to.

Unrelated to wiki but related to the topic. Is that Northland quest taking place on the Christmas Island? I've read a lot of the Christmas quest but could never find it. However seeing screenshots it appears to be the island the Northland Expedition goes to.

The quest http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Can_Christmas_Still_be_Saved was added and then later replaced. The CM team resurrected the Christmas quest. So Northland and Christmas Island are the same place, and the two quests share some bosses.

Northland quest does take part on Christmas island quest which is only in an older version of game depending on which version of game reader has.

• If a person decides to opt out for CM Patch, they get Christmas Island only.
  • If they use last version of game with no CM Patch, they'll get Northland only.

gogo

Not exactly, gogo. When Christmas Island first appeared in Fallen Angel, it was the only quest here. With the following patches it was replaced - georpaphically by Northland and script-wise by Easter Eggs quest (Easter quest got its quest id). CM patch has all these three quests - Christmas quest was moved to its own id and reacivated. It doesn't affect Northland quest or Easter quest - they all are present in CM and plays OK.

Edited by Silver_fox

Very nice Silver, thanks for the info! Actually, what I can do is add the note about both being available in CM Patch in WIki pages for Christmas Isle.

So with Patch... there are actually two different NPC's always available all the time that we have to talk to to get to the different isles? How would a map reflect this... would a new map then have two different islands showing on it if CM Patch now lets us visit both?

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates