Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I think a great round of thanks to everyone who contributed to the work here, for such a small number of people. It's summer, we're looking to work on tans, and maybe there's other games we can vacation on (smaller ones! :bounce:) that can be a good break from Sacred for us all? Fresh images, colors, animations...these all do well to to keep us remembering that the enjoyment of the game is the most important, and the referencing or documenting that can come with it should come from the heart.

Dunno about y'all...but Dungeon Siege 3 is looking mighty fine to me for a summer break!

:bounce:

gogo

I just spent a few minutes in Sacred 2 with my risk taking seraphim and did the Four Yellow Feet quest again. I typed in the log for that quest page and found a problem.

There are links where there should be pictures. http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Four_Yellow_Feet

I do not know how to fix that. If someone who does know that could take a look at this and fix it, I would appreciate it.

I'm waiting for Animal Crossing for the 3DS to come out.

Edited by Ysne58

I got it for ya Cathy.

The Four Yellow Feet pics are now fixed.

The wiki doesn't like spaces in the links. Everywhere there was a space I replaced it with %20.

Example:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/images/Sacred_2/quests/Chapter01/Four Yellow Feet/yellowfoot1.jpg

becomes

]http://www.sacredwiki.org/images/Sacred_2/quests/Chapter01/Four%20Yellow%20Feet/yellowfoot1.jpg

Found a petite error on that COCE page naming it as a white mod on unique jewellery but when I double-checked the links to Gruma's and Creeping Madness I saw the mod is blue... so I went ahead and changed that 8)

I knooooooooooooo :lol: ACtually when I'm doing these edits, I have to keep three wiki windows open in me browser cuz it's kind of weird the copy paste system I'm using to bring in the info. As well, with the CM Patch now adding more devilish delight to the mix everything can start to mix up and look a bit craaaaaaaaaaaaazeeeeeeeeee

:crazy:

gogo

The Sets main page has now been updated

http://www.sacredwik...red_2:Set_Items

OK... I'm confused.. Why is Halgrim's Law (a Dragon Mage set) showing up in the Temple Guardian section?

post-14586-0-00927200-1306040290_thumb.jpg

I had a look around but couldn't find any reason why it should show up there.

And... Oh. BTW.. I updated a few tidbits here and there in a few easter eggs... There's a couple of comments a Temple Guardian (light side only) will make when he's been left sitting around. One makes him sound a bit like Marvin the Manic depressive robot from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - filed under Douglas Adams' egg... One the evil TG will make about how a certain T-1000 amuses him from Terminator 2: Judgment Day - filed in the assorted catagory. And one final one which is a two-fer. He'll say something about if he's not needed, he'll shut down to conserve power - and another one about taking an oil bath - both of these are straight out of Star Wars Ep 4: A New Hope and are therefore filed under the Star Wars egg.

I also added a bit to Loromir's page linking the Sacred 2 version to the Sacred 1 pages.

Edited by wolfie2kX

The Sets main page has now been updated

http://www.sacredwik...red_2:Set_Items

I like how you put in the screenshots of the empty inventories...Im forever struggling to remember how many things I need to buy when shopping for other classes so that will help lots :)

Actually they were there before....just re-did the pics and added a frame :D

That would be an oops wolfie...the hazards of cut and paste without proofing

Yah.. But I took a look at the code behind the page and it makes no sense. The section in question has 2 lines in it total - one as a header and one that displays the catagory called "Temple Guardian Sets" (or something to that effect). There's no link to Halgrim's Law in that section. Maybe the database is having a hiccup..?

The 2nd line is code to link to the actual page/content. This way the content is only on one page and cuts down on page size. We ran into this issue when doing the Bestiary. The page sizes were getting so big I was getting warnings on it.

If you click on Dragon Mage Set Items link you'll go to his individual page and there you can edit/add content

The 2nd line is code to link to the actual page/content. This way the content is only on one page and cuts down on page size. We ran into this issue when doing the Bestiary. The page sizes were getting so big I was getting warnings on it.

If you click on Dragon Mage Set Items link you'll go to his individual page and there you can edit/add content

Actually... I thought the "Catagory:xxxx" stuck in at the bottom of each page that belongs to that catagory that controlled what shows up there. At least, that's what I found when I was mucking about with all those Legendaries, Uniques, Sets and other uploads. For a Legendary to show up on the Legendaries category page, it needed a bit of code at the bottom of the page that reads:

[[Category: Sacred 2 Legendary Items|L]]

The first part tells it to file it in a category, the 2nd part tells it which one to file it under and the letter at the end will put in the right A-Z category. Each category also appears to be dynamically regenerated when the page is loaded.

For what it's worth... Whatever glitched is no longer glitching.

Actually... I thought the "Catagory:xxxx" stuck in at the bottom of each page that belongs to that catagory that controlled what shows up there. At least, that's what I found when I was mucking about with all those Legendaries, Uniques, Sets and other uploads. For a Legendary to show up on the Legendaries category page, it needed a bit of code at the bottom of the page that reads:

[[Category: Sacred 2 Legendary Items|L]]

The first part tells it to file it in a category, the 2nd part tells it which one to file it under and the letter at the end will put in the right A-Z category. Each category also appears to be dynamically regenerated when the page is loaded.

For what it's worth... Whatever glitched is no longer glitching.

The Category code only places an entry on it's respective category page, it doesn't add any content on the page itself

Here's a bit of code from the main Dryad Enemy page

== [[sacred 2:Blood Dryad Beserker|Blood Dryad Beserker]] ==
{{:Sacred 2:Blood Dryad Beserker}}

== [[sacred 2:Blood Dryad Champion|Blood Dryad Champion]] ==
{{:Sacred 2:Blood Dryad Champion}}

The top line if clicked on will bring you to the individual enemy page where all the code for that enemy resides. The 2nd line in the code tells the main page to go to that page and retrieve the info. Nothing is glitched :)

I'm working on RL projects right now, trying to use up some of my way too big yarn stash. I should be back in Sacred later this week, by the week-end at the latest.

Holee molee...lol I start playing in the severs again, and it's so busy while I'm away! Wolfie, nice little touches on reconciling all that info. Stuff like that's the nitty gritty of the database, your interest media and in being able to reconcile it on the Wiki keeps it up to date. Thank you.

Knuckles...heck, is that another project you just started working on?

I see CA images.... ! :bounce: Finally those ugly spaces get gifted with some color, and great work on the Sets page being updated. That page was looking haggardly, but you made the sets look good again for Ice and Blood version of game. :thumbsup:

Lujate, Gratz on another quest done for mini boss, as you noted just a few more ^^

Cathy, standing orders are for everyone to work on their tan for this summer. We want to see gloriously glowing Wiki Contributors in shape for Autumn!

:gogo:

gogo

Hi fellas!

Just completed the first quest page so far after a long time... Tried to keep my old writing style, although an english native speaker would be appreciated to check my texts.

I started with a short and easy one, just to start getting on fire :P

I hope everything is in place and you like it. Please, report mistakes or things wrong/missing!

Scattered_View

PS: Me like the template structure, good job with it guys. The enemies frame is really cool!

Edited by Zeno

Hi fellas!

Just completed the first quest page so far after a long time... Tried to keep my old writing style, although an english native speaker would be appreciated to check my texts.

I started with a short and easy one, just to start getting on fire :P

I hope everything is in place and you like it. Please, report mistakes or things wrong/missing!

Scattered_View

PS: Me like the template structure, good job with it guys. The enemies frame is really cool!

Zeno, you jumped right into the quest template and you bundled out a winner. It's a great quest you wrote out, and I loved to, once again, hear your voice telling us Sacred 2's story. The narrative has your speaking manner that is unique and irreplaceable. I made a few corrections for syntax, verbs, but most is proper and absolutely you.

Welcome back!

:)

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates