Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

And I wonder if the Atherton thing is an easteregg...

I was always curious about those names as well. Your explanation is the closest I've read to being possible.

YSNe, yer getting closer with the Dark Synopsis ... almost there!

:)

gogo

And I wanted to ask about the item names to - there are a lot of Easter Eggs in them. I saw the references to Lovecraft and Magic the Gathering, to German history and to mass media... Maybe we should start a page for these facts. I'm not sure about specific pages for every Easter Egg item, but we can start a general page named "Easter Eggs in Item Names" and collect all the things there.

I'm a bit off wiki today - did some pages yesterday, but now I don't have any info and pics prepared - so don't expect much from me today.

Edited by Silver_fox

I was thinking about how to put this info in. What do you guys think about having all the info added to each item page in the wiki directly. Would that be enough?

Cuz I'm thinking ...there are a lot of items... having a page which could potentially have every single unique and legendary on it running down could be pretty laggy.

:blink:

gogo

I know the Atherton items are a reference to a real person. I remember asking about it during the beta and was told he was a publisher/editor or something. So it's probably Ross Atherton that Chattius mentioned

Wonderful first quest lujate. :) Everything looks to be in order and nicely placed. My only question would be regarding the categories at the bottom. With regards to Single and Chain Quest a quest should be one or the other. Is it certain that it is a Light Path only quest?

Wonderful first quest lujate. :) Everything looks to be in order and nicely placed. My only question would be regarding the categories at the bottom. With regards to Single and Chain Quest a quest should be one or the other. Is it certain that it is a Light Path only quest?

I went off of the description here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Chain_Quests#All_Light

I interpreted that to mean the quest was Light only, but I could be wrong.

After some discussion with several people who know a lot more than I do about graphics, I have my first quest basically done (I still have to enter the Next Quest). Please take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.sacredwik...:A_Long_Journey

The storytelling is good, pix are detailed. This is good work.

Bravo Lujate

gogo

Some quick Wiki touchup projects I have going:

• Adding content links to CA Pages
  • Adding end page links to Class pages
  • Adding End page and community Patch links to the locked item pages and index page (Thanks to Wolfie for getting this one going, I just took his lead on first page he did, and throughout today I was able to get all of them)

gogo

@ lujate

The page turned out good, your writeups are quite short, but you manage to tell all the necessary things in them.

But I have some minor notes about the pictures. First - as I remember, after some discussion in the quest template topic, we decided to go for the pages only for the log pictures - without the cover and bookmarks. Me and Schot agreed that this version would look better while framed. Also, it may be good to add at least a few lines of text between the pics, or maybe to distribute the existing ones - but that's not a must. And the last question is about settings while savind the dialog pics. Which ones did you use? I was sure that Gimp defaults would give a bit cleaner jpegs...

But anyway, the page turned out very good for the first try. I'm sure that if you continue creating quest pages, the following ones would be even more impressive.

@ gogo

I hope you had some script to help you with these pages. Because if you did all this lot manually... than that's a really heroic deed. I always keep an eye on the recent changes, and I noticed the giant amount of them that happened recently. That was cool! Enough said.

Thanks Silver. Ah, I wish I had a prog, but I had to do all this stuff the old fashioned page by page way. Just sipping some wonderful aromalicious coffee here, and will get some more odds and ends done as well.

gogo

Silver_fox,

My writing does tend to be "Just the facts, ma'am" and can get excessively terse. I will try and keep an eye on that.

The dialogs were saved with the default quality setting of 85. (I went back and re-did the camera views at 75, but left the dialogs since they were smaller in size). The full-size pics seem as clear as they did in-game, but everything on my Windows partition seems a little fuzzy.

Edit:

I fixed the logbook. It would not let me replace the existing image, so I had upload a new one. Is there any way to remove the old image?

Edited by lujate

I fixed the logbook. It would not let me replace the existing image, so I had upload a new one. Is there any way to remove the old image?

Unfortunately, for now, there is no way anyone other than me or Schot can remove images from the Dbase. This is happening because of old software we bought years ago to help us keep the two dbases of forum and wiki inline and under control. That software is not supported now, and it's tentacles are everywhere lashing out to cause random mayhem during inopportune times.

squid-take-down-submarine-2.jpg

:oooo:

Our work around for now is that f you have an image like this, you can pm Schot, and he can remove it from the dbase permanently.

gogo

lujate, I think the page was done very nicely, especially considering it was your first. So glad you're helping out in the wiki and hope to see many more pages :)

I'm like you, I tend to be short and concise in my write-ups...I don't have that artistic flair when it comes to prose...I would say as long as all the pics and pertinent info is there - I'm fine with that. At some point some of our more gifted writers can go back and 'flesh' it out more.

At this point we can't delete any pictures from the wiki. I've had the same issue and ended up uploading another pic with a different name. It is on Schot's list of things to get done though (I know he's extremely busy so he might not be able to get to for a bit)

I'm not at Clearview yet, almost though. I am going through with both a light path and shadow character to check on whether quests are light or shadow when the issue comes up.

At the moment I'm trying to get a shawl knitted up in real life that is made from several different novelty yarns and not spending much time in game.

I did finish up the Shadow Campaign on Friday and expect to get those logs typed in and the quests started in the next day or so.

I am getting a character in Sacred Underworld developed to Porto Draco so I can go back to adding side quest content in that game, that was where I stopped in early 2010.

I am still working on adding images to the quests I wrote up when I was still playing ps3. In the process I cleaned up the Light HE quests. The quests trend to run together, and I had some of the quest completion points wrong. I have made it as far as Nor Plat.

Cathy, saw your last entry on the synopsis, congratz on the completion. I saw that for the first part of the Good Synopsis you had started putting in links to connect the parts of the synopsis to pages in the wiki eg enemies, places, regions...will you be continuing that for the other chapters? You know the campaign down pat! :bounce:

Lujate, I'm following your additions to Wiki, your pics are coming out very well. You're quickly getting a handle on story boarding the quests, bit by bit, at least this part of wiki's slowly progressing.

Okay everyone... complimentary Canadian maple syrup candies...on the house!

v7xj4z.jpg

gogo

I plan on coming back to linking up. My next little project is turning those last 3 shadow campaign quests blue and fill in the introductory info, the quick walkthourh and the logs.

I want to go back into S1 and fill in more of the side quest info, as well as check and see what is there for the main campaign. I got sidetracked about February of 2010 when I was in Porto Draco. I'm having to start a new character and work my way back there again.

I also want to continue checking quests in Sacred 2. I'm at the Broken Lance Tavern. I had sent you and Schot the links for some wonky quest title pages via PM. Can I create pages with the correct titles and redirect the wrongly titled ones?

Looks like I became a bit less active during the last days. I'm just getting tired - not tired of wiki, but just tired. That's probably the reason why I spent several days preparing pics that can be prepared in several hours. After the discusion about the image file sizes, I wanted to try different ways of saving and post-processing, so I took some easely-accessible quests. I was experimenting with the images for the beginning of the HE's main campaign. So I remastered the pages for both Duel! and Duel! - Shadow Campaign.

Also, it's interesting to watch all the download buttons appearing on the wiki. Sometimes I use the downloads to make better pictures for the weapon pages.

lol, you got to be a watermark expert by the end there. You're going to have as much skill with this as those artists at the Mint who do the print plates for country currencies

:lol:

gogo

Hey guys!

Two quick questions. Silver, I saw you working on the new set for the wiki , great work there on this new set. I saw also that for Light Range it was spelled with two caps. I made a quick page in the wiki to turn the potential link blue, but when I used that spelling the page wasn't linking to any other pages in the wiki already with Light range.

So...I made a new page called Light range ( I checked this is the way it's spelled in game before) and I named the page that...but I didn't know if the new CM Patch is spelling it with two caps or just Cap on the Light...so I piped the link so that it matches the way it was spelled in the new armor piece you put up (Both Cap letters), but is connecting to a differently spelled version of the Item Modifier where only the L is capped. I don't know how new items are having the item mods on them, so I'm hoping you see this note here so you can correct what I've done if necessary.

Also, I saw an item mod there block projectiles, but that mod hasn't been writtin into wiki item mods page yet.

Is this a new item mod?

Or...is the wiki just missing this item mod and there are pieces that already have it and we didn't catch it?

I can edit the item mod page if we have to .

Cheers

gogo

Well, the Light range mod really should be spelled with only one capital letter. I already corrected the picture and the set page. The story behind this is quite strange - I edited the changelogs to add correct english names for new items and the set page to add the missing set. Then I went to one russian site dedicated to Sacred - and noticed the screenshots of the set items! Of course, they were in russian, but Schot's graphic solution for the set pages doesn't require the actual screens anyway. So I used the wiki item modifier list to translate the modifier names - and this one was spelled as 'Light Range'.

Chance to block projectiles isn't new - this modifier is present on some runes, for example SW's and DM's ones. Just check the Runes page.

Thank you

Okay just edited the item mods page, alphabetized the block list and added the projectiles... and Poof...all the red links in Wiki gone blue and happily linked.

The cosmos are smiling

gogo

One strange thing about capitals in the item modifiers - I went through the global.res, where all the texts are stored, and found out that some 'Block chance' modifiers are spelled with one capital, while others are spelled with two.

They are:

Block chance: Knock back

Block Chance: Stun

Block Chance: Snare

Block Chance: Combat Arts

and 'Block chance: xxx' for all the others (xxx may be close combat, ranged, projectiles etc.).

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates