Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Flix, I'm gonna send you the big poutine hug from home, outstanding work on the wiki! The Ca pages are particularly good. Combat Arts kind of drive the game's drama and action part, people knowing how things work and with images and explanations make the reference solid.

Thanks. CA pages were a lot of work but they really shine now, and I know even without the statistics that those must be high on the "most visited."

Today I made it through about 60% of the Dexterity Based Weapons. I normalized the formatting, added some links, and made lists of unique and legendary weapon types on each page:

Energy Pistols

Energy Weapons

Blowguns

Poles

Daggers

Short Swords

Looks good

I have always loved the physical difference tween dex poles and strength based poles, easy to identify one when you have it, with one class being marshmallow tips :lol:

ah ha, like the you've begun stringing things per page based on single ideas. The linking part keeps readers happy with discovering surprises tween the concepts.

:)

gogo

Looks good

I have always loved the physical difference tween dex poles and strength based poles, easy to identify one when you have it, with one class being marshmallow tips :lol:

ah ha, like the you've begun stringing things per page based on single ideas. The linking part keeps readers happy with discovering surprises tween the concepts.

gogo

Haha, yep Poles definitely stand out from the other "sharp and pointy" Polearms...but then they end up looking a lot like Two-Handed Magic Staffs! My poor Dragon Mage (first character) specialized in Magic Staffs and boy did he have some rough times using Poles by mistake.

I linkified a bunch of pages today. Finished the Dexterity Based Weapons:

Then I did the Intelligence Based Weapons: Mage Staffs and Two Handed Mage Staffs

Then I just went through several pages checking for missing links and info, adding bits and pieces:

I had an idea to use those rune icons Schot made: they could go on the aspect pages! Runes have secondary effects when they're socketed based on their aspect.

Oh, and I need to remember to make pages for the new weapon types implemented with the CM Patch: Fist Weapons and Throw Drinks. Better write that down before I forget it....

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Oh, and I need to remember to make pages for the new weapon types implemented with the CM Patch: Fist Weapons and Throw Drinks. Better write that down before I forget it....

I love all the work. You're on a tear sir! :bounce:

Great idea with the new weapon classes to be added to Wiki, CMPatch added some great new goodies, specially the DarkMatters Essence^^

gogo

It's all looking really good Flix. I'd say that Bar exam takes priority though.

That's my "job" right now, 6-8 hours per day. Plus an extra 2-4hrs. a week with a study coach.

I just like to be able to "turn it off" and not think about law at night time.

Yep, and now people can download the DarkMatters potion to toss around!

I've actually got so much going on with mods and the wiki and RL (studying for the bar exam) I've got to slow down and make a list, do one thing at a time.

A couple odds and ends:

• Added a couple legendaries that were missing: Sacred Relic of the Arcane and Hammer of the Righteous
  • Healing Combat Arts - added some that were missing, and added the god spells that heal, and some links
  • God Spells - linked them up, the specific effects they have are now explicitly listed and linked to the appropriate modifier page
  • Thinking about where else I can list the Divine Gifts to give them a little more exposure (CA category pages, item modifer pages...)
  • Finally, doing some prep work for new pages for the Lost Items that were implemented with the CM Patch: Recurve Bows, Throwing Potions, Fist Weapons (and I think Scythes possibly?).

Fist_weapon_6.jpgFist_weapon_4.jpg

Throwing_potion_2.jpgThrowing_potion_1.jpg

Details, details... sorting and adding has to be some of the hardest work around, tying up loose ends is great work. I especially like the new content added to Healing spells...I'd always liked how the Wiki groups CA's like that... in fact, far as I can see it, there's probably many many ways CA's can be grouped, pending on use and a player's imagination.

Always thought that when a player was building out, they'd be imagining how a build would play out in their head, a movie if you want, and then start looking for CA's and math to get the build going that way.

With groups in the Wiki, a player has a better chance of being successful.

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, Flix this is aweseom!

It's probably one of the great concepts in game as a balance for the really powerful Combat Arts.

Nice work, happy to see a break go this way!

I especially like the sub categories you made upon that page

sEE?
If only this page had been there when I'd just gotten this game

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally decided to list all the things I've been doing recently and going to do in the nearest future. Besides translations, I spent my time on the wiki going through the set pages, updating my old work and adding missing things where I could. Though there is nothing here to write home about, most changes being purely cosmetic rather than essential or providing new information.

The only page that got a serious change is the one for the Dragon Mage's Christmas Set, which ended up overhauled. Initially I wanted only to add the item stat pictures, of which there was none, but ended up also applying all templates and design elements that became customary for the latest CM set pages. I really wanted to keep Flix's version of main screenshot, just clean it up a bit, but it turned out that Schot's batch convert was not kind to this image (it didn't go from 130KB to 29 without losses). So, it has a new main picture too.

Other than that, I added missing set pictures to all class mini sets (all of them except Kayser's Luck, as I wasn't sure how to present two-ring set in the best way) and updated images for all Mutation Sets and Equilibrium. Now all stats are clear and small GIF files and main images are JPG instead of PNG. Not all that much server space saved (a couple MB, maybe), but now the pictures do not look shabby. Spent way too much time on those, as the stat images refused to be resaved from JPG into small GIF files and I had to clean them up again before saving (only a bit less work than with new screenshots). Drawing the Moral from this tale: If you want the image to be a good GIF, do not save it as lossy JPG first.

Now, as I promised, I'll try to update the Unique and Legendary database. Will make new pictures instead of those that are almost unreadable, and will try to bring those pages to inclusion format to prevent information from doubling.

• Like! 1

That's really great! I just went through all the Uniques and Legendaries a little while back and tried to fill in missing entries and item modifier links (I'm on a crusade against red links). After what you propose, the database will really be something to be proud of! :bounce:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is the wiki complete now?

It's getting there - I think it's definitely in a state to be proud of, almost as comprehensive (if not more) as any bog-standard wiki for an AAA game. If I ever finish everything on my to-do list I'll feel pretty great about it. Silver Fox is renewing the items database as well.

Other than that, the main hole in the Wiki are the quests. Everything from Chapter 1 is done. Probably 90% of Chapter 2 is done. Everything after that is kind of hit and miss. I guess we need 5-10 clones of Knuckles. Quest guides are a lot of work.

There are still red links on the side quests page for sure. But one other thing I noticed is that there are still some (maybe many) blue-linked pages that only have place-holder text on them. This is one example. And that's a main quest line quest too, so it would definitely be a priority for me if I try to work on them.

So it will be worth it to check the actual quests on the wiki to see what needs to be filled in while I go through the game. Make notes somewhere about what each page needs.

• Like! 1

There are sooooo many quests out there that need to be done or updated. Some have quest text pics are in Spanish too. Chapter 1 should be nearly complete with Chapter 2 fairly close behind. But other Chapters need a lot of TLC. I know there are several quests in the desert that need to be done.

The Light quests are the most complete with the Shadow side kind of hit or miss. Also class specific quests (not blue quest) haven't really been thoroughly gone through.

Most of the NPC pages have been done for the quests in Chapter 1 and 2 (though I know there are some quests/NPC's that need to be done around Orcish Byway). That was as far as I got.

At some point I may get back into it....had an illness a while back that affected my eyesight and it is slowly and I mean slowly getting back to normal...once that gets back to about normal I'll see how ambitious I am :D

• Like! 1

Any health issue takes priority. I'm glad your eyesight is getting bettter. Thanks so much for the information. I'm running 6 different characters through, one for each god. I have a hunch that there are more god quests out there.

I started looking at places pages from where I start with the Brigand Camp 1 and the starting locations for the different characters. I am in the process of fixing the Brigand Camp 1 link so there are some entries in recent history right now.

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates